Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/22/2016 1:07:56 AM EDT
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/homeowner-shoots-teen-mailbox-vandal

BETHPAGE, Tenn. - A Sumner County man fed-up over his mailbox being vandalized was charged with aggravated assault after admitting to shooting one of the teenagers suspected of damaging his mailbox.

Joshua Taylor told Sumner County Sheriff's Deputies that he decided to "sit up and wait" for the teens who he suspected had damaged his mailbox on three separate occasions last week.

Just after midnight on Monday, he heard an ATV drive by his home in the dark, officials say the 29-year-old father grabbed his 12 gauge shot gun and fired a single shot in the direction of the teenagers. One of them was hit with 56 pellets across his back, legs and arms.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Kid won't do that again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL. Probably not a good shoot.

At least it was just bird-shot; the teens will learn a lesson, and the shooter will be screwed for life now with a felony.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
that's it....REPEAL THE 2ND
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
When dumbfucks collide.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If he can prove they vandalized his mailbox before, then they were probably going to do it again.

Kind of torn on this one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Bad shoot. However I'd acquit. Fuck malicious destruction of property. A lot of this shit would stop if fuckwit assclowns would get more than a swat on the wrist.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Good shoot in my eyes...probably not in the laws eyes
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread will be good for outing all the "ma baby dindu nuffin" parents.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At least it was just bird-shot; the teens will learn a lesson, and the shooter will be screwed for life now with a felony.
View Quote

Criminal mischief in the nighttime.

One of those beat the rap but won't beat the ride kinda things though. Like my chl instructor said, "you gonna shoot the cheerleaders tp'ing your house in the middle of the night?"
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]
56 pellets
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Would've been a good shoot in texas.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Tampering with mailboxes is a felony offense...

starts @ 44secs

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#13]
The guy should have used a super soaker full of cat piss. Would have worked just as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't condone ..but I understand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bad shoot. However I'd acquit. Fuck malicious destruction of property. A lot of this shit would stop if fuckwit assclowns would get more than a swat on the wrist.
View Quote

Agreed. Kids do stupid shit, god knows I did - BUT THREE TIMES? I'd acquit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The guy should have used a super soaker full of cat piss rock salt. Would have worked just as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Tampering with mailboxes is a felony offense...

starts @ 44secs

https://youtu.be/NjN-PLW521s?t=44s
View Quote

I paid for the beer
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Personally I look at it as a good shoot. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#19]
There's better, less felonious ways of stopping kids from breaking your mail box.

Turns out, there is a lot of space between doing nothing and shooting kids with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#20]
If I was summoned for this there would definitely be a hung jury.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:56:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Fine with me.replacing stuff vandalized by ass clowns gets OLD. I'd acquit
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:58:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Good shoot in Texas.

Fuck that kid, he's lucky he wasn't killed.

Perhaps his parents will sit him down and discuss his criminal behavior with him.

Nahh, that ain't happening.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I took all the fun out of destroying our mailbox by replacing with a cheap plastic one that you can beat to pieces, then snap them all back again like nothing ever happened.  I was tired of trying to present a nice neighborhood appearance at the expense and hassle of a new mailbox every couple weeks.

The local vandals beat the plastic (like Rubbermaid) box once, it took me all of a minute to reassemble - and they stopped since it wasn't costing me bucks or leaving big "look what I did" dents.

It might have been more satisfying to stay up all night with a loaded gun and kill some youth for stupid kid tricks - but honestly only a weak-headed jerk who was bullied as a kid would do that.  I chose to sleep... and in my own bed.  

My guess is the shooter is a liberal, and overall bad shoot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#24]
He stamped him out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The guy should have used a super soaker full of cat piss. Would have worked just as well.
View Quote

And it would probably still have been a felony.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Shouldn't have been charged. Dumbass kids should be taught that if you mess with someone or their property all bets are off. This shit would stop real fast in that case.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#27]
People condoning firing lethal weapons at a non-lethal threat.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There's better, less felonious ways of stopping kids from breaking your mail box.

Turns out, there is a lot of space between doing nothing and shooting kids with a shotgun.
View Quote

It's not as if kids have been damaging mailboxes for 80+ years.

This is something new that can only be solved by shooting them.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am lucky that I am still alive.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't destroy someone's property at night and there won't be no shootin'. How hard is that to understand?

Vandals and thieves know the risk, so fuck 'em if they get shot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Those asshole kids went up our street tearing mailboxes off last week. I was in the garage getting ready to leave for work when I heard something. I had to resist going outside and confronting them. I had to straighten the mailbox they didn't get it ripped off. Driving down the street though I see at least 6 mailboxes laying over.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:51:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Where can you buy some of that Israli stink shit at?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:52:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Fire extinguisher filled with rotten eggs & natty light?
Bean bags?
To kill a vandal? Expensive point proven I guess.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Time to hide in the bushes and wait

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#35]
The old guy should have just "put out the word"... it worked for Cousin Marv and Bob Saginowski.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:57:50 AM EDT
[#36]
My parents were having problems with people trespassing/fishing on their pond.  My dad and I were talking about it and my mom said "do like my my dad use to do when I was a kid and load up some rock salt shotshells" .  She was serious too
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:02:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm fine with it. I pay for my shit my trading a portion of my LIFE to my employer in exchange for money...then some low life fuck is going to come along and destroy it? Would I shoot in this scenario? No. Do I feel bad about this kind of shoot? Hell no. Wish more people did it. Don't like it, stay the fuck away from other people's shit. Tell me the country wouldn't be a better place.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Buddy lost his twice, so he put up a game camera aimed at the row of like six mailboxes at the end of their drive. They stole his camera!
Next go round was he put up a dead camera in the same spot and then put a good camera aimed at that. Still there!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:33:25 AM EDT
[#39]
<Pepperidge farms remembers> When I was a boy there were still crusty old farmers that would shoot at you with rock salt.</Pepperidge farms remembers>
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not saying I agree, but I understand..
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/homeowner-shoots-teen-mailbox-vandal

BETHPAGE, Tenn. - A Sumner County man fed-up over his mailbox being vandalized was charged with aggravated assault after admitting to shooting one of the teenagers suspected of damaging his mailbox.

Joshua Taylor told Sumner County Sheriff's Deputies that he decided to "sit up and wait" for the teens who he suspected had damaged his mailbox on three separate occasions last week.

Just after midnight on Monday, he heard an ATV drive by his home in the dark, officials say the 29-year-old father grabbed his 12 gauge shot gun and fired a single shot in the direction of the teenagers. One of them was hit with 56 pellets across his back, legs and arms.
View Quote
View Quote

I'm not seeing the problem here.

A buddy of mine growing up was shot in the butt with rock salt for trespassing on his motorcycle.

No police report was filed, and astonishingly, he never trespassed on that property again, and this kid was a risk-taker.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Beekepers suit.  Yellow jackets' nest.  Some kind of container that will pop open with a pull of a string and fit in a mailbox.

Let him bust open a mailbox full of 40 or 50 wasps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Back in the olden days.... My grandfather told me about some kids that were doing this to his mailbox.... He let 5, Yes FIVE, rounds of rock salt go into the group of kids...  They never came back, and neither did the police....
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#45]
BAN ALL AHOYGUNS NOW.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Things were better in this country when a man could dispense kinetic justice on his own property without fear of ruining his life.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm fine with it. I pay for my shit my trading a portion of my LIFE to my employer in exchange for money...then some low life fuck is going to come along and destroy it? Would I shoot in this scenario? No. Do I feel bad about this kind of shoot? Hell no. Wish more people did it. Don't like it, stay the fuck away from other people's shit. Tell me the country wouldn't be a better place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seconded..
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't care if it was a bad shoot.  

Still a good shoot.  He should've aimed for the kids balls..

I punched a guy in the face once for stealing my mail.  Destroying my entire mailbox will have you missing in multiple places.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This used to happen reasonably regularly around here, but generally with rock salt instead of bird shot. Everyone just kind of understood that that was a possible consequence of trespassing and higher-level teen shenanigans. Often, parents of shootees wouldn't even call the law, who wouldn't have done much in those cases anyway. Different time altogether.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Nobody was killed... kids learned a fantastic lesson. Give the guy a break and make the kids do community service building brick mailboxes for some of the homes...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top