Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2016 3:58:53 PM EDT
Can anyone suggest locks (preferable available on amazon prime) that will fit a Pelican 1200 case appropriately?

Right now I have a few master locks, but you have to bend/ scrape the plastic of the case to make them fit, and they don't close/ open easily because they are rubbing on the case.

Suggestions appreciated. Non-TSA locks please.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What I have found in the stress of travel, scheduling, remembering every little thing, ticket, license, wallet, guns out of the carry on, etc. is that I tend to forget where the key is.  Panic ensues at the ticket counter.  

I switched over to combination locks which serves two purposes.  You can't lose the key, and the TSA fucks cannot ask for your key and fuck with your shit without you being present. Giving them the combo is a no-no.

Sesamee locks are much higher quality than Master, sold on Amazon.  Find one with the correct sized shackle to fit your case. Pelican should be able to tell you the correct dimensions.

The simpler brass cased locks should work, like the K436 or K437.  The shackle dimension is the depth and you need a depth that will keep the case closed.  The black cased locks have a huge diameter loop and probably won't fit in the hole.

Here is what to avoid:

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I have found in the stress of travel, scheduling, remembering every little thing, ticket, license, wallet, guns out of the carry on, etc. is that I tend to forget where the key is.  Panic ensues at the ticket counter.  

I switched over to combination locks which serves two purposes.  You can't lose the key, and the TSA fucks cannot ask for your key and fuck with your shit without you being present. Giving them the combo is a no-no.

Sesamee locks are much higher quality than Master, sold on Amazon.  Find one with the correct sized shackle to fit your case. Pelican should be able to tell you the correct dimensions.

The simpler brass cased locks should work, like the K436 or K437.  The shackle dimension is the depth and you need a depth that will keep the case closed.  The black cased locks have a huge diameter loop and probably won't fit in the hole.
View Quote

For air travel, do you have to have a lock for each of the case holes? Or is one acceptable?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
One will not keep the case closed.  It is even worse than the photo I posted.

Will it get you by?  Probably yes, but so would a cheaper case.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For air travel, do you have to have a lock for each of the case holes? Or is one acceptable?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how willing are you to lose the contents of the case?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not very.

2 locks then? Any suggestions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top