Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 6:44:46 PM EDT
[img]http://www.smithenterprise.com/buy/nite_fire.jpg[/img]

I always thought that flash hiders just made it so you weren't blinded by it if you are shooting it, not that they make it so no one can see it. I am about to call BS but I just wondered, since Wipeout said that it is very much like the picture. I wanted to ask you guys.

[url]http://www.smithenterprise.com/buy/vortex.asp#1001[/url]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a vortex on a 14.5" upper and it looked exactly like that. If you can imagine a firecracker exploding about half way down your barrel, that is about how much flash there was.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, can you make that picture any bigger?
I can't see it.....
[;D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't attest to Vortex specifically, but have seen Phantom (same concept) and yes, that is a very accurate pic.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, that's about right. There should be some slight flash on the right. Must have been between rounds whem shutter went off. But there is very little flash with that guy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow, can you make that picture any bigger?
I can't see it.....
[;D]
View Quote

Sorry. I didn't make the picture. The one on the site looks real small, I guess it just happens to be rather large.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
You should know that it's relatively hard to capture the flash on a single still.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top