Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 6:44:24 PM EDT
what does the AR15 crowd think will happen to the $$$$$ if the AWB goes away?

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If the AWB goes away: ARs will start sporting flash hiders, bayonet lugs and collapsibles overnight. Preban ARs will still hold some collectible value, but not as steep.
AKs will add bayonet lugs and collapsibles too.
High cap mags will prosper.
What you will not see are HK 91/93s/, Sig 550s, or Augs be brought in due to the 1989 import ban.
If it can be made in this country, it would be legal.
If the ban does not go away: Preban stuff will continue to rise in price as there is never going to me anymore.
I have alot of money invested in Preban, but would be willing to take the hit if the ban goes  away.
The ban makes no sense.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO, if pigs fly and the AWB doesn't get replaced with something else when it sunsets,
New rifle prices won't change, it's the old prebans that will drop in value/price.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IMO, if pigs fly and the AWB doesn't get replaced with something else when it sunsets,
New rifle prices won't change, it's the old prebans that will drop in value/price.

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

I concur, but I think the now Post-Bans will raise some what in price. The now Post-Bans will add additional items such as bayonet lug, collapsible stock thus driving the price up a little.
To get those features who gives a shit for a little price hike for the good stuff. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I concur, but I think the now Post-Bans will raise some what in price. The now Post-Bans will add additional items such as bayonet lug, collapsible stock thus driving the price up a little.
To get those features who gives a shit for a little price hike for the good stuff.
View Quote

Why do you say that?  If I'm not mistaken there is no difference now in cost between a pre or post ban upper.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To get those features who gives a shit for a little price hike for the good stuff.
View Quote

Why do you say that?  If I'm not mistaken there is no difference now in cost between a pre or post ban upper.
View Quote

Flash
  They will add some extra charge for fabricating and installing a Bayonet Lug and or a Collapsible Stock. If they remove the sear block they will also bump the price a little for changing or purchasing new dies.
I have a RRA pinned non Collapsible Stock and the parts used for sliding and locking the Collapsible Stock have been removed. It has a fixed bolt with a tapped hole in the tube allowing the bolt to be screwed into the tube, thus allowing it to be non-collapsible.
I do not believe the price increase will be dramatic, but I do feel they will raise the price a little.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Shadowblade
  I hope the price doesn't increase at all, and I have held uppers in my hand Post and Pre Bans made by the same manufacturer at the gunshows and they always asked more for the Pre-Ban uppers.
I am only referring to the complete Rifle, I do feel they will add a little extra cost for re-producing the lowers with the entire Rifle back to original status of the Pre-Bans.
It never seems to fail they add a little something extra or change the configuration on anything and the price always goes up some what.
I hope I am totally wrong, but it remains to be seen until Sept. 2004. I just hope the AWB does sunset. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
If it does "go away" good. There will be value changes. But then it will be the same story later when some other stupid law is passed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shadowblade
  I hope the price doesn't increase at all, and I have held uppers in my hand Post and Pre Bans made by the same manufacturer at the gunshows and they always asked more for the Pre-Ban uppers.
View Quote

From the manufacturer the price costs the same. So it has nothing to do with the manufacturing costs as you suggest.

I am only referring to the complete Rifle, I do feel they will add a little extra cost for re-producing the lowers with the entire Rifle back to original status of the Pre-Bans.
View Quote

What do you mean when you say "re-producing"? While collapsible stocks have always cost a little more, I don't think that there will be a price difference between a preban model and a postban model.

It never seems to fail they add a little something extra or change the configuration on anything and the price always goes up some what.
I hope I am totally wrong, but it remains to be seen until Sept. 2004. I just hope the AWB does sunset. [:D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]
well i think LEO marked rifles will probly cost a little more since they would be a collectors item.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Colt ARs marked AR 15 will never be built again as we all know how PC they have become. I also doubt that Colt will ever remove sear blocks from their future rifles, so the SP1s and SPIIs ect will hold value regardless IMO.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What do you mean when you say "re-producing"? While collapsible stocks have always cost a little more, I don't think that there will be a price difference between a preban model and a postban model.
View Quote

Okay my last post on this topic, holy shit I never dreamed it would lead into this disaster.
If they start building the Rifles like they were before Sept. 1994 they will raise the price, I hope they don't but they will.
If they reproduce the sear block free lower, add additional items like I have said in the previous posts to the Rifles the cost will go up for the manufacturer and they might raise the price a little on the Rifles.
I only said they will probably Raise the cost, but for some reason I have been but on trial over this issue. Standby and we will all see in Sept. 2004.
Again I hope I am wrong, but I do feel they will raise the price a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top