Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/21/2016 2:00:56 AM EDT
Having a discussion with a former co worker on FB and this gal chimes in! Have fun! Copied and pasted from the discussion.

Sorry guys, but If that was the case half if the U.S population would be on the No Fly list. Lol. What I can tell you as a retired ATF agent is that the NRA is more powerful than anyone in government, and controls this multi-million dollar international industry, and countless politician with lobbying $$$$. ATF has had no Director for over a year due to NRA's influence on government. I love my guns, and have trained and carried an AR-15 as an agent. In my professional opinion, we need to restrict all military- type weapons available to the public; better regulate gun shows; background checks, require training of gun owners, and mandatory re-certifications ( military and police have to, why bot the general public); require more responsible gun ownership. Most importantly, we need to allow law enforcement to work together ( fund better communication), update the tracing of illegal sales, and so much more. We changed explosives laws after terrorist acts, , why not assault weapons? Very few people stand the chance of surviving up against an AR-15, unless we all carry them around everywhere we go, and that's not going to happen, or if it does, God help us Why are firearm manufacturers allowed to sell silencers, bullet-proof vests, armor piercing ammo, and 50 calibre ammunition via the mail? You need that shit to protect your home and family? How can the average citizen or law aw enforcement go up against all this when were only allowed to carry a pistol and back-up weapon (unless your a SWAT type of unit, or similarI? I am a gun owner, and have no problem complying with all the checks and balances ( i have to jump more loops and hoops as a retired agent that Joe shmoe), but I do it cuz I got nothing to hide.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd respond.  "Thanks for your input comrade"

A true JBT posted that drivel.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You know, being a retired government employ and likely having a multitude of experience in dealing with all the paperwork that government work entails, you'd think she'd know how to split up her thoughts into coherent paragraphs. Or at the very least, make her sentences grammatically correct and legible.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell her when you are baking a cake then you will ask her opinion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
FB has a block feature; I’d suggest you use it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Retired ATF?  You mean, from the people that brought us Ruby Ridge, Waco and Operation Fast and Furious?

"Whatever......"

Yes, I know that she doesn't represent the entire agency's rank and file.  Nor, the entire agency's position on guns in general.  Thank God.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
you'd think she'd know you need a stamp for a suppressor
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]
That reads like some 20 year old basket-weaving major SJW took every liberal gun control trope and vomited it up on a page, and added in "retired ATF" to lend some sort of legitimacy to it.

I'm going to assume that even the ATF employees that are below retard IQ know what can and can't be bought through the mail.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I said! Gonna see what the response is!

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
reads like a mouth breather that hasnt left basement in a while
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
BCV to the white courtesy phone please.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell her she sounds like BATFE and that's why no one respects her or her worthless opinions.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Ask that cocksucker what his oath was, when he took employment with a government agency.  Then ask him why he's a quisling traitor to his oath.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:12:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You know, being a retired government employ and likely having a multitude of experience in dealing with all the paperwork that government work entails, you'd think she'd know how to split up her thoughts into coherent paragraphs. Or at the very least, make her sentences grammatically correct and legible.
View Quote
Government employee?  Able to write coherently?

Maybe some exceptional examples, out there, but not what I'd expect from most.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:14:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Having a discussion with a former co worker on FB and this gal chimes in! Have fun! Copied and pasted from the discussion.

Sorry guys, but If that was the case half if the U.S population would be on the No Fly list. Lol. What I can tell you as a retired ATF agent is that the NRA is more powerful than anyone in government, and controls this multi-million dollar international industry, and countless politician with lobbying $$$$. ATF has had no Director for over a year due to NRA's influence on government. I love my guns, and have trained and carried an AR-15 as an agent. In my professional opinion, we need to restrict all military- type weapons available to the public; better regulate gun shows; background checks, require training of gun owners, and mandatory re-certifications ( military and police have to, why bot the general public); require more responsible gun ownership. Most importantly, we need to allow law enforcement to work together ( fund better communication), update the tracing of illegal sales, and so much more. We changed explosives laws after terrorist acts, , why not assault weapons? Very few people stand the chance of surviving up against an AR-15, unless we all carry them around everywhere we go, and that's not going to happen, or if it does, God help us Why are firearm manufacturers allowed to sell silencers, bullet-proof vests, armor piercing ammo, and 50 calibre ammunition via the mail? You need that shit to protect your home and family? How can the average citizen or law aw enforcement go up against all this when were only allowed to carry a pistol and back-up weapon (unless your a SWAT type of unit, or similarI? I am a gun owner, and have no problem complying with all the checks and balances ( i have to jump more loops and hoops as a retired agent that Joe shmoe), but I do it cuz I got nothing to hide.
View Quote

Obvious European statist, liar, cunt
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:15:25 AM EDT
[#15]

She's a Neo-Leftist Statist pig.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#16]
James B Comely Jr. Director of the FBI thought you can buy guns on the internet have have them sent to your house.
Google is your friend, i cant link.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like G.G., a character in the book "Unintended Consequences".
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#18]
This is what we're dealing with people. An ATF agent thinks you can mail order suppressors to your doorstep. Someone who was given the task to enforce gun laws doesn't even know what the laws are in the first place. That's just fantastic.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Wow, an incompetent half-wit douchebag worked for BATFE.  Who would have guessed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Either lying about being ex-ATF or a complete fucking idiot!  Or both, obviously!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:25:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Our daily prayer...

Fuck the ATF
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I may be biased, since I've had family that worked in civil service, and they were well read and wrote coherently.

Then again, it's us.gov so expecting anything good from it is likely a fool's errand.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the "calibre" is a definite red flag, along with the fact that even in rural BFE where I live most of the town cops in the largest town near me and all of the Sheriff's deputies' cars have shotguns and most of them have ARs as well.

The Sheriff also is vocal about people not just getting permits but also carrying all the time, and will as sign any NFA paperwork you hand to him with a smile. Hell, I've even have heard him say "An armed society is a polite society" more than once. He's a good guy. The county I live in is gunned up as fuck, and according to liberals that means it should be a free fire zone...yet we've had exactly 2 murders in the county over the past three years and neither of them involved a firearm, one was a crazy guy running over someone with a car and the other was a domestic turned murdery with a knife.

This Faux Fed is full of shit on every conceivable level.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:53:14 AM EDT
[#24]
NRA is more powerful than anyone in gov?   The entire thing was written up by someone who is not or ever has been an ATF agent.

I'm sure a ton of them are that retarded, but that person is not an retired ATF agent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#25]
So now they have a problem with the unwashed masses having body armor, because they feel like we have to make ourselves more vulnerable, you know, in case they feel the need to shoot us at any time. Are we going to be required to wear shirts with bullseyes on them as well? Why not, I've got nothing to hide, and if my government needs to shoot me then I'm glad to help ,I guess...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah the "calibre" is a definite red flag, along with the fact that even in rural BFE where I live most of the town cops in the largest town near me and all of the Sheriff's deputies' cars have shotguns and most of them have ARs as well.

The Sheriff also is vocal about people not just getting permits but also carrying all the time, and will as sign any NFA paperwork you hand to him with a smile. Hell, I've even have heard him say "An armed society is a polite society" more than once. He's a good guy. The county I live in is gunned up as fuck, and according to liberals that means it should be a free fire zone...yet we've had exactly 2 murders in the county over the past three years and neither of them involved a firearm, one was a crazy guy running over someone with a car and the other was a domestic turned murdery with a knife.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be an import/immigrant that gained citizenship.

My county has an Scottish judge and my department had a Sgt that was British.    They both carry some of their traditions and sayings with them still.

At any rate a retired ATF agent isnt the greatest source for info on gun laws, especially one that some how thinks they have more regulations to jump through.    Silencers by mail?   Armor piercing ammo?    Just a useful idiot, likely liar, that is willing to play the party line.

Just tell her that her opinion doesnt matter for shit and it is people like her driving gun sales through the roof.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I stopped reading at "restrict'
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:11:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Why don't more people who like guns work in the ATF?

I really wonder how much power the NRA has?  The gun industry really isn't that big - put together it is probably smaller than Apple and definitely doesn't have as much money as the oil industry.  Yet it is always about how powerful the NRA is...

So here's a site:  www.opensecrets.org - I've done no vetting of their credentials but here's some of their lists:

Gun Rights is #56 on the list of interests in Q1 2016 with $2.9M in lobbying money.  #1 on the list is Pharmaceuticals/Health Products at $63.8M which is almost 23 times more money...

NRA doesn't even register on the Lobbying Client list...  US Chamber of Commerce spent $22.9M in 2016, about 10 times what was spent on Gun Rights.

In 2013 the Gun Rights spending approached $16M where the spent $6.4M in 2012...  Other single item lobbies out spending Gun Rights are Environmental, Foreign Policy, Human Rights (which looks like a ton of different topics lumped together) - many of the other groups seem to spend a lot less money...

After looking at that site - wow - I need to go into lobbying - there is huge money being thrown around...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Why don't more people who like guns work in the ATF?

I really wonder how much power the NRA has?  The gun industry really isn't that big - put together it is probably smaller than Apple and definitely doesn't have as much money as the oil industry.  Yet it is always about how powerful the NRA is...

So here's a site:  www.opensecrets.org - I've done no vetting of their credentials but here's some of their lists:

Gun Rights is #56 on the list of interests in Q1 2016 with $2.9M in lobbying money.  #1 on the list is Pharmaceuticals/Health Products at $63.8M which is almost 23 times more money...

NRA doesn't even register on the Lobbying Client list...  US Chamber of Commerce spent $22.9M in 2016, about 10 times what was spent on Gun Rights.

In 2013 the Gun Rights spending approached $16M where the spent $6.4M in 2012...  Other single item lobbies out spending Gun Rights are Environmental, Foreign Policy, Human Rights (which looks like a ton of different topics lumped together) - many of the other groups seem to spend a lot less money...

After looking at that site - wow - I need to go into lobbying - there is huge money being thrown around...
View Quote

Probably because (metaphorically at least) slamming your dick repeatedly with your desk drawer every time you go to work doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to most people.

Now I'm sure there are a few people who like guns that work there, but they're probably buying Pepto by the case just having to deal with their co-workers.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#30]
The only thing she said that made sense was about allowing law enforcement agencies to talk and share intelligence.

You would expect this to be taking place already.  It was one of the lessons learned after 9/11.

It is also the case that in many of these mass shootings, someone knew that the killer was unstable.  But this isn't an issue restricted to mass shootings, it also applies to every other form of criminality and goes towards a much broader range of competencies.

Seems to me that the failings of information management between agencies and relevant partners is being overshadowed deliberately by a drive to ban inanimate objects and collectively punish innocent people, and shift the focus to a single issue rather than looking at the wider preventative measures.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Either lying about being ex-ATF or a complete fucking idiot!  Or both, obviously!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The only thing she said that made sense was about allowing law enforcement agencies to talk and share intelligence.

You would expect this to be taking place already.  It was one of the lessons learned after 9/11.

It is also the case that in many of these mass shootings, someone knew that the killer was unstable.  But this isn't an issue restricted to mass shootings, it also applies to every other form of criminality and goes towards a much broader range of competencies.

Seems to me that the failings of information management between agencies and relevant partners is being overshadowed deliberately by a drive to ban inanimate objects and collectively punish innocent people, and shift the focus to a snuggle issue rather than looking at the wider preventative measures.

View Quote

Did you see the thread about Mr. Haney and what he had to say about current inter-agency sharing of information?

It is actively discouraged and stifled by the current administration. Because sharing information might result in civil rights violations.  Or some similar bullshit.

There is no doubt that Obama wants these attacks to take place.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did you see the thread about Mr. Haney and what he had to say about current inter-agency sharing of information?

It is actively discouraged and stifled by the current administration. Because sharing information might result in civil rights violations.  Or some similar bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me that the failings of information management between agencies and relevant partners is being overshadowed deliberately by a drive to ban inanimate objects and collectively punish innocent people, and shift the focus to a snuggle issue rather than looking at the wider preventative measures.

Never prevent a crisis.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

poser
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are being rewarded with the effects of deinstitutionalization on a regular basis, it seems
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It
is also the case that in many of these mass shootings, someone knew
that the killer was unstable.  But this isn't an issue restricted to
mass shootings, it also applies to every other form of criminality and
goes towards a much broader range of competencies.

Seems to me
that the failings of information management between agencies and
relevant partners is being overshadowed deliberately by a drive to ban
inanimate objects and collectively punish innocent people, and shift the
focus to a snuggle issue rather than looking at the wider preventative
measures.

View Quote

The sharing of information deal was supposed
to happen as a result of the 9/11 Commission hearings, but the one of
the problems with those hearings was one of the members on the
Commission was the vapid twat that helped put up the "walls" up between
agencies communicating in the first place. That showed me exactly how
seriously the Commission was taking things and how sterling their
recommendations were going to wind up being.

As for the mental
health issue that is a big part of it, but again it's something that can
be directly linked to liberals gutting the system of mental
institutions that were in place for decades. They raised awareness about
how bad conditions at some facilities were (and some of them were
downright terrible) but instead of reforming them they just demanded
that the system go away and for the most part it did. We have hundreds
of thousands of people walking around that in earlier times would have
been unquestionably institutionalized. Add in the fact that people love
to self medicate and you have a lot of ticking timebombs walking our
streets.

The murder by auto that I mentioned in an earlier post
that happened in my county would never have happened if the guy could
have been properly institutionalized. He found a car with the keys in it
at the local hospital parking lot (there are contradicting stories on
why he was there to begin with) then stole the car right out of the
hospital parking lot, drove maybe a block, saw a woman mowing her grass
and decided to run her over. Then after he did that he ran into a house
and started beating on a couple of teenage girls that were inside. If
someone passing by hadn't seen it all happen and run into that house and
beat the tar out of/restrain him until the cops got there he probably
would have killed both the girls as well. He got off lucky actually, the
passerby was a blackbelt out for a jog...which was the only reason she
wasn't carrying like she normally does, in which case she just would
have shot him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Is she one of those 'goobermint speshul agents' who have been carrying an AR for years that's missing the bolt?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

poser
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

poser

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Now I'm getting called out by the co worker for calling her out! I hope my dog survives all this!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Ask her if she was involved with shipping guns to the cartels.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ask her if she was involved with shipping guns to the cartels.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#42]
What would you expect from a pig but a grunt?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, and goes through an additional round of background checks being former LEO. Right.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, liar or was just some kind of pencil pusher clerk type.

Her lack of knowledge is interesting, of course this is the Fed gov.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Retired...?

OP, you spelled "Retarded" wrong.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sure, but I did get mine by mail. USPS, no less.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Seems to me that the failings of information management between agencies and relevant partners is being overshadowed deliberately by a drive to ban inanimate objects and collectively punish innocent people, and shift the focus to a single issue rather than looking at the wider preventative measures.

View Quote

Sometimes its hard to know which law enforcement agencies to ask. its also hard to know which questions to asked.

If agency A knows agency B is investigating Subject A there is generally shared information. How are Agency A and Agency B supposed to know there is information to share, or what information to share.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This is what we're dealing with people. An ATF agent thinks you can mail order suppressors to your doorstep. Someone who was given the task to enforce gun laws doesn't even know what the laws are in the first place. That's just fantastic.

View Quote

You can. I never left my house and got mine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#49]
A retired ATF agent uses "cuz" in a long thing like that?

Someone is a high school kid and a raving liberal talking points spouting idiot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like it was written by an ARFCOM 13er.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top