Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2016 11:16:31 PM EDT
My brother is getting out in July.. Less than a month I guess. Once he's done he's not coming straight home, he's going to visit friends for about a month out in California. He doesn't want to be toting around all his weapons so he said he was gonna ship them to me.. I need to know how to go about doing this legally. Can he ship them to himself here? Ship them to me? What's the best way? Air force has already moved his other stuff. Reason he didn't ship them with all that was because that's going to Nashville and he's not sure how long it'll be before he gets there.. Didn't want them just sitting wherever it is all  his other stuff is going.. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
He can ship to himself at your address.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If he ships to anyone but himself he has to ship them to a registered FFL.  You might be able to befriend one locally who will do all of them for cheap if he sends the guns to the FFL for you to receive but you still have to do the paperwork which would make the weapons yours.  Most shops charge $20 per firearm or so it was when I was stationed in GA.
I might be wrong.  

Military shipping is slow.  He should send them with his household goods and they will arrive with the rest of his stuff....but he had already shipped his HHG.  So he can ship them to himself at any ole address he will get them at.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He can ship to himself at your address.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

FPNI!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
He's not shipping from overseas is he????   Just asking, cause if he is, he needs to get his customs forms in order ASAP. I had mine, but my movers packed my forms, (DOH moment) so I had to sell to a friend who was coming back a few months after me in order to get my stuff back to the states, it turned into a mess...... story for another time. If he is already state side, disregard!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Not from overseas. Hes stationed in AZ right now. but will be moving back to TN. So shipping them to himself is legal and good 2 go then? Can he us the USPS or is there a specific carrier he needs to use?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not from overseas. Hes stationed in AZ right now. but will be moving back to TN. So shipping them to himself is legal and good 2 go then? Can he us the USPS or is there a specific carrier he needs to use?
View Quote
Use ups. Has to declare it as a firearm self addressed no ffl needed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
If he is driving back to TN a storage locker for a month might be cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Consolidate the long guns, mail them to himself at your address.
Consolidate the pistols, have a ffl mail them to himself at your address.
Do not open said packages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top