Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 1:05:43 PM EDT
I'm thinking of having a few friends over for a shrimp boil next month and realized I really need a big outdoor propane burner. Any good, reasonable simple DIY plans out there or should I just buy one?  As a kid, my grandfather had one made out of an old truck wheel, but I don't have one of those laying around.

Thanks for any info while I browse Pinterest like a middle aged white woman...
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
this thing

they are cheap.

check cabelas
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just go to Home Depot and buy a turkey fryer.  They may have to get it out of the back this time of year.  Cheap and easier than making one.   I use mine for "Low country boils", fish frys and turkey frying.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
For $50, I don't know if it's worth the effort to make, when you'd still have to purchase a hose and regulator.

https://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-SP10-High-Pressure-Outdoor/dp/B000291GBQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1466442488&sr=8-4&keywords=turkey+fryer
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be able to find plans searching the internet.

Or you could buy a turkey fryer for $40
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
there are some really cheap options out there and i'd rather not risk rigging something up when dealing with that much gas.  

my neighbor showed me that you can keep the bottom from scorching by cleaning it with dish soap before you light it up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Well shit, Walmart has them for $20. For some reason I thought they would be more expensive.  Guess that answers my question. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Less than $30 at Wallyword turkey fryer will get you all you need.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of having a few friends over for a shrimp boil next month and realized I really need a big outdoor propane burner. Any good, reasonable simple DIY plans out there or should I just buy one?  As a kid, my grandfather had one made out of an old truck wheel, but I don't have one of those laying around.

Thanks for any info while I browse Pinterest like a middle aged white woman...
View Quote

craigslist, probably get one for 20 bucks plus the tank.

I have built them, way cheaper to buy unless you need specific stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top