Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/19/2016 9:12:08 PM EDT
So I am trying  prime for the free month. With prime you get 2 day free shipping. Ordered some lights for my aquaponics filter on the 16th...still hasn't shipped... Claims it will be delivered on the 21st.
Now I don't math too well, but that seems to be 5 days to me

In addition, I orded stuff AFTER that and it will arrive Monday.
Does "2 day shipping guarantee" not count however long that sit on it before handing it off to UPS?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Not every item on Amazon qualifies for Prime shipping.  

Go check your order and see if it had the Prime logo on that item.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it qualifies for prime and I got the 2 day free shipping
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
In the past year I've had numerous issues with their shipping. They really shouldn't advertise it as such, because I only receive it in 2-3 days about half the time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Similar issue with 2 pairs of carhartt workpants i bought a couple weeks ago. Said prime while browsing the pants, then once purchased, 5-9 business days..  Wtf!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Prime shipping started to suck ass for me.  I ended up cancelling Prime due to it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Prime is free 2 day shipping but sometimes it takes a couple of days to ship. It sucks and is decieving but i have had itms take 3-4 days to ship but it comes 2 day shipping. Also as said above not everything is Prime
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I order an enormous amount of stuff on Prime.  When the seller is Amazon, it ships fast and is there in two days.  When the seller is a third party, sometimes it takes them a few days to get it shipped, but then they do two day shipping.

You can argue with Amazon about it, and they'll apologize, but I've never gotten anything better out of them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Will be canceling mine this july, prime video sucks now and was the reason i paid $100.

Shipping has been ok for me, definitely notmas fast as 2 years back, but it gets here. Sometimes ahead of their estimated schedule.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had prime shipping delivered by USPS on Sunday several times.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
It's BS. On this last order I had one item 2 days late and the other reschedule a shipment to from 6/14 to 6/22. They offered to give me an extra month I asked them just to honor their commitments. I canceled the order. The same place still has the same item listed for PRIME.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I've found they almost always hit their ETA. Some things take days to process, but when they ship its actually 2 day.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Hawaii and they used to ship stuff the next day after ordering.  Now, I'm lucky if it's been shipped 10 days after ordering.  I won't be renewing my Prime membership, which I've had since the beginning.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had stuff take 5-6 days to ship.  How hard is it for the robot to grab a box off a shelf slap it in a box, stick a label on it and get it out the door?

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, first off, what was your guaranteed delivery date given to you when you placed the order?

Anything Prime will give you an ETA when checking out, and will list a "time remaining" to make the deadline for them to have any chance of making the date there. Your confirmation should then have the guaranteed date.

Quoted:
View Quote

Except that two of those days are not working days. It is not reasonable to expect free 2-day shipping to mean raw calendar days. (Yes, I know that stuff does get delivered on Saturdays and even Sundays now, but it is not reasonable to expect such service - those are recent developments, and not something traditionally considered "normal" for regular shipping.)

And if you ordered it late on the 16th, then that only gives them Friday the 17th to process, pack, and ship the order - and then the carrier may or may not deliver it during the weekend.

ETA - It is amazing how much people bitch about things like this. What we now take for granted. It is absolutely amazing that the logistics exist for us to be able to ship next-day or even 2-day, let alone at the prices it costs even at the consumer level. This also crops up when people bitch about the cost of overnighting handguns. Yeah, it costs a bit, but think about what they are doing. I can have a package to FedEx at 6:00 PM in Ohio, and for $100 they will get it to Oregon before 10:30 AM the next morning. Just think about what is required to pull that off. It's incredible.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In the past year I've had numerous issues with their shipping. They really shouldn't advertise it as such, because I only receive it in 2-3 days about half the time.
View Quote

QFT. It's gotten to the point that I have started taking screen shots for every order when I check out. They seem to miss their guaranteed delivery date half of the time now. So far I have gotten my prime membership extended out 4 months though by presenting them with the screen shots.

The worst was a month or two ago  when an item showed up a late, after they had already changed the delivery date once. I chatted with them about 9:00PM and they apologized but said there was nothing they could do at this point. They said that once the item arrived we could talk extending prime membership.

The item arrived a couple of hours later when some asshole from laser ship threw it against our front door and then proceeded to ring the door bell a few times waking us up from a dead sleep. I raised hell the next day and all I got was a stupid prime extension.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just email them each time it's late and get a free month added. They make it hard to find the email link, but it's there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#18]
On the order review page it will tell you the expected delivery date.  Not all Prime items are in stock but still have the 2 day shipping once they come in stock.  You have to check the estimated delivery date before you order.  Amazon will also send an email with your expected delivery date after you order.  They give you at least 2 ways to track the delivery date.  If the confirmation and email both say it will be delivered in 2 days and it is not; then you can contact Amazon Support and get your Prime account extended a month for free.  In 6 years or so I have racked up a free year of Prime extensions due to them missing their deadlines.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered dog food friday. Got it sunday. Sunday delivery is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep. Ordered Thursday night at 10PM.

Shipped Friday.
Got my stuff delivered today on a Sunday.

Free Shipping

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, first off, what was your guaranteed delivery date given to you when you placed the order?

Anything Prime will give you an ETA when checking out, and will list a "time remaining" to make the deadline for them to have any chance of making the date there. Your confirmation should then have the guaranteed date.

Except that two of those days are not working days. It is not reasonable to expect free 2-day shipping to mean raw calendar days. (Yes, I know that stuff does get delivered on Saturdays and even Sundays now, but it is not reasonable to expect such service - those are recent developments, and not something traditionally considered "normal" for regular shipping.)

And if you ordered it late on the 16th, then that only gives them Friday the 17th to process, pack, and ship the order - and then the carrier may or may not deliver it during the weekend.

ETA - It is amazing how much people bitch about things like this. What we now take for granted. It is absolutely amazing that the logistics exist for us to be able to ship next-day or even 2-day, let alone at the prices it costs even at the consumer level. This also crops up when people bitch about the cost of overnighting handguns. Yeah, it costs a bit, but think about what they are doing. I can have a package to FedEx at 6:00 PM in Ohio, and for $100 they will get it to Oregon before 10:30 AM the next morning. Just think about what is required to pull that off. It's incredible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was ordered at 2 am on the 16th, Saturday counts, I ordered other stuff on Saturday that shipped and will arrive tuesday and an oder I put in on the 17th is due to be delivered Monday.

Also put in an order this morning that has the same dues date (Tuesday) as the order from thursday
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been a member for years. I probably had less than a hand full of complaints. Hell, I ordered from prime Friday and had it it today (Sunday).

An All Clad skillet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Order on Thurs or Fri, you're not seeing it until Monday or Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Order on Thurs or Fri, you're not seeing it until Monday or Tuesday.
View Quote
Add stationary items get it on Sunday

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I must be the luckiest guy alive.  I've placed 55 orders this year (I buy supplies for my business - great prices and free delivery) and I've never had an order come late, but I have had MANY come early.

Hell, I've had come the same day, for free.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Some cities are getting free 1 day shipping.  A few times I've ordered at 4am and got it 12 hours later.  
 I think Amazon is starting groceries in some cities... 2 hour delivery.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Shipping times have gone to shit over the past couple of years.

eta And it's really bullshit when one of their warehouses is only 20 miles away.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#28]
What pisses me off is since they've done this push to force everybody to pay for their Prime, they're doubling their regular "ships free" costs.  Not only have they done that, but they've doubled the actual shipping times as well.  What took 5 days free shipping last year is now taking about 10-15.  

I'm finding lots of new places to shop online lately.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I opened this thread and literally 1 second later I got a shipping notification for the crap I ordered on prime yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I have had one or two orders be late over the years, but nothing slow recently.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Similar issue with 2 pairs of carhartt workpants i bought a couple weeks ago. Said prime while browsing the pants, then once purchased, 5-9 business days..  Wtf!
View Quote

One problem is that Amazon may have different vendors for the same product.  If it's not going to be 2 days, it ALWAYS tells me in the cart.

This is coming from a guy that gets 3+packages from Amazon per week.

I love Amazon Prime and it has me supremely spoiled.  i save a ton of money with it, too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Not claiming I know more than I really do..

In the PNW region, Amazon dropped most of their volume with Fedex. Boss of a boss of a boss said they acquired 30 or so aircraft and are in the process of establishing their own delivery service. Not sure if it's like that all over though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will be canceling mine this july, prime video sucks now and was the reason i paid $100.

Shipping has been ok for me, definitely notmas fast as 2 years back, but it gets here. Sometimes ahead of their estimated schedule.
View Quote

Meh, Prime books, music, movies, and shipping all are pretty OK in my book.

The $100 I spend per year on Amazon Prime is the same I would pay for Pandora and still not be able to select my own songs/make my own playlists.

I bought 4 sinks for a bathroom remodel and all of them shipped free and I had them in 4 days.  I saved wayyy more than 100 bucks on that order alone.

I guess if you don't listen to music all the time and never buy stuff, Amazon Prime is not for you.  I can go to Home Depot, see something I want, but don't need that day and I can order it for 2/3 of the price and have it in 2 days.  Yeah it's awesome and most people don't use Prime to it's full potential.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What pisses me off is since they've done this push to force everybody to pay for their Prime, they're doubling their regular "ships free" costs.  Not only have they done that, but they've doubled the actual shipping times as well.  What took 5 days free shipping last year is now taking about 10-15.  

I'm finding lots of new places to shop online lately.
View Quote

I bought a $4.86 part for a machine at my shop on Thursday.  I had it on Friday.  I paid $0 shipping.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Shipping times have gone to shit over the past couple of years.

View Quote

Really?  Really?  I mean truthfully be honest with yourself with that statement.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Its generally 2 day shipping once they ship it.

I'm averaging maybe 50% of purchases 2 days after I order.

I've had stuff take more than a week.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]

In 10+ years and hundreds of orders, I've only had one late shipment.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#38]
If the item is sold and shipped BY Amazon or "Fulfilled by Amazon", it will arrive on time.  If it's sold and shipped by some affiliated 3rd party merchant, there can be delays.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#39]
When you check out it will tell you the guaranteed arrival date. Not everything ships the same day, not everything ships on weekends, ect.

Quoted:
If the item is sold and shipped BY Amazon or "Fulfilled by Amazon", it will arrive on time.  If it's sold and shipped by some affiliated 3rd party merchant, there can be delays.
View Quote

Two of my recent fulfilled by amazon orders were late Doesn't have anything to do with amazon when the carrier itself fucks up.

On the plus side you get a free month of prime for every late delivery, I'm extended 4 months so far.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So I am trying  prime for the free month. With prime you get 2 day free shipping. Ordered some lights for my aquaponics filter on the 16th...still hasn't shipped... Claims it will be delivered on the 21st.

In addition, I orded stuff AFTER that and it will arrive Monday.

Does "2 day shipping guarantee" not count however long that sit on it before handing it off to UPS?
View Quote
I get 2-3 prime/subscribe/panty deliveries a week (including 1 or 2 sundays every month).  I can count on one hand the number of delayed shipments I've had in the last 4 or 5 years.  If you don't count one or two that were placed ~Dec. 20th and which were timely shipped by mis-routed by UPS, maybe 2 or 3.  

Also, some items may be prime eligible, but may require additional time to ship.  This is noted on the product page and in the cart.

ETA:  I've actually had many products arrive less than 48 hours after being ordered with 2-day.  Example, ordered some TPM kits on a Saturday night, arrived Monday afternoon.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I cancelled my prime. They keep shipping usps and no matter the timing, their 2 day shipping always lands on a Saturday or Sunday and always gets shipped usps. USPS always makes the package undeliverable, business closed.

In a nutshell what is supposed to be 2 day ends up being 3-5 with an additional day or two tacked on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#42]
I've only had one late shipment via Prime (coincidentally my latest one)

Make sure it doesn't say "Qualifies for prime shipping after additional handling time," or "qualifies after restocking"

Amazon is usually 100% legit when it comes to Prime shipping

<--- First year Prime adopter
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I get 2 HOUR shipping at work, in Columbus  
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I order an enormous amount of stuff on Prime.  When the seller is Amazon, it ships fast and is there in two days.  When the seller is a third party, sometimes it takes them a few days to get it shipped, but then they do two day shipping.

You can argue with Amazon about it, and they'll apologize, but I've never gotten anything better out of them.
View Quote

I've gotten free months added to my prime and I've had them upgrade to overnight on quite a few things.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Seems like the independent sellers ship quicker than Amazon. That's my experience anyways.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I've had prime since 2009 and what it was back then and what it is now are two different animals. Back then if it was prime shopping it was guaranteed 2day shipping. These days the prime shipping logo can have a stipulation for example, I've seen the prime logo on an item and below it it would say 3-5day shipping for example. You have to really look and see before completing your order or you'll be in for a surprise.

The old days of prime literally was 2 day shipping on everything. That's back when there really weren't third party sellers on the site like it is now. I still use prime since I find value in it but ymmv obviously.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Did it say that it wouldn't ship till a certain date?

I've had things take 3 days before, but very rarely.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

When this happens you chat online with customer service and they will give you a month extension on your prime membership.  Be nice, though.  It's not the customer service reps fault your package didn't arrive.  Case in point.  My membership should have been renewed in February.  I am good till August now from the extensions.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#49]
I've had quite a few packages shipped next day air to get them here within the 2 day guarantee. They almost always get here on time if UPS doesn't get behind (happens in the winter) and it's not sold by a 3rd party.

I always check to see if it's UPS or Amazon delaying the packages.

Between Amazon Prime and Brownells Edge I rarely pay for shipping.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#50]
wow!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top