Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:10:57 AM EDT
I was just thinking about monitoring people and such.  And realized that as a society we all need to watch out for each other.  Historically, the problem with mass monitoring is that there is no one monitoring the monitors.

How do you create a system where everyone is being monitored?  One problem is that there  will always be unmonitiored people due to the nature of finite resources.  Another problem is that we are all moving in different directions at different times of the day.

The solution? The Circle State.

We build a massive city in the center of the country.   This city will be a giant circle. It is circular.  Except for city employees, government agents, and construction workers, EVERYONE gets up at the same and goes to work.  Everyone looks to the left as they leave their house, thus allowing them to watch/monitor the person next to them.  Everyone moves to the left in a counter-clockwise motion. Everyone rides to and from work on a giant conveyor belt which moves around the circle.    Everyone works downstream from their house.   Thus allowing constant monitoring and supervision of your neighbor.  To go back to your house you reverse the flow and move clockwise (at the same time of course).

Of course some people, such as construction workers and farmers will still be unmonitored.  But we can use computers to track their movement.  It is still dangerous having these people out there un-monitored, but realistically this is the best we can do.  

The circle state is the future.  Now who wants to sign up?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
[whacko]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, if I'd have known this was coming, I wouldn't have had that micro-chip put in my brain.

Now I really have a headache.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Shark, Does the Florida Bar know about your LSD usage?

echo6
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shark, Does the Florida Bar know about your LSD usage?

echo6
View Quote

They can't disqualify you for having used drugs,unless you try to cover it up and lie about it.  I'd say I'm in the safe zone...... :D
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
When someone is insane, as you so clearly are, do you know that you're insane? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://mosh.server101.com/phpbb/images/smilies/stupid.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top