Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 9:10:31 AM EDT
Anyone know if there is a such thing as a top loading semi auto or pump action shotgun. My friend says yes I say no. He brought up the spas12 but thats a bottom loader according to the site i was just on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]Neostead[/b]

[img]http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/neostead.jpg[/img]
[img]http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/neostead_parts.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Neostead: ( Above )  South African bullpup top loading design.  Dual 6 shell tubes on either side of a top mounted carryhandle with selector allow shooter to switch at will between two different types of shell.  Unlike conventional pump shotguns, the pump is a forward and back action instead of back and forward.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this thing a prototype or is it comercially available.....trying to win a bet on technicality now, the only way would be if this thing is not available here in the states, if it is I'm out a case of beer. Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at Halo...  

Get an XBox and play Halo (the best game ever created) and go to the level with the shotguns.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look at Halo...  

Get an XBox and play Halo (the best game ever created) and go to the level with the shotguns.

View Quote

I play halo, can't wait for halo2. Thats why he keeps telling me there is a top loading shotgun available in the states. If they have one in the game there has to be one here, thats his reasoning.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at Halo...  

View Quote

I play halo, can't wait for halo2. Thats why he keeps telling me there is a top loading shotgun available in the states. If they have one in the game there has to be one here, thats his reasoning.
View Quote

The shotgun in Halo is the "ONLY" commercially available top feed shotgun in the US.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Technically the Neostead IS available.

I was talking to Tuvello armory and they sent me the paperwork to get it imported but I couldnt fnd an FFL which did imports.

Theyre 1200 dollars, and theyre not prohibitted by the AWB becuase they are pmps, I dont think the import ban covers pump shotguns either.

Anyhow I decided to save up and get a Benelli instead, but I intend to get the Neostead some point in the future.

So YES they are "Avaiilable", although no one in America actually has one yet.

I have the files from Neostead if you need them for your friend, or if any of you actually want to buy one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I want one!

Anyhow,I thought the AWB(or some other dumbass law)restricted pump shotgun mag capacity to 8-9 shells?

I know they aren't all pumps,but I thought that was part of the problem (mag capacity)with the other shotguns like the LAW,Stryker and the one with the rotory,windup magazine?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Sinistral, I just shot the info over. It should be in your inbox as I type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top