Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 7:47:58 AM EDT
How come some times when I right click on a music file I find on the net it saves as an mp3 file but other times it saves as asx or wvx or wva type file? Can I make them all save as mp3 files? How does Kazza work? Is it free? Do they have alot of oder music as well?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The last CD's I burned were The Dixie Chicks[flame]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
What does this have to do with burning CD's?

ASX, WVX, and WVA are all media file formats.  If you try and save them as MP3's, they'll still be ASX, WVX, or WVA files with MP3 extensions.  You might be able to convert them, but you'll need software that can convert from the source file format to MP3.

Kazaa is a peer-to-peer network filesharing system.  I believe the client comes in two flavors: ad supported but free, and paid but no ads.

As far as older music goes, I've seen lots of it on the Gnutella network.  I've never used Kazaa.  On a side note, I bought a new 52X CD-R recently, and it's really nice being able to burn 700MB in under 3 minutes.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Right click and save on disk or somethign like that will du just that, grab the file on the server and save it in your hard drive.

If it was an mp3 to begin with it will be an mp3 on your pc, if it was another audio format (wvx, wva, au, wav, etc) it will end up in your hard disk as that.

so the answer is No, you can't.

What yo ucan do however is transform them into mp3 with some player/converter program (I'll have to pass on recomandations here as it's been a while since I work on a PC)

Kazza works as an interfase between your PC and thousands of others, based on a peer to peer protocol. This means that you don't access a main server (like say ar15.com) and download from there, but that you search a database on some server/s and then that routes you to the user's PC that has the file you wanted and you download from there.

I believe Kazza is free in the freeware version (duh), meaning that you have to watch advertising while you use it and probably get rid of some spyware programs too.

When I used to use it that at work, I could find almost anything as I wasted, so I guess many users share old music.

Maybe some user here can email you the registered version so you dont have to use the freeware one (r you could pay the fee to download the pro)

Hope I made sense as I just woke up

NsB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top