Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 7:01:39 AM EDT
May 23, 4:57 PM EDT
Thief Leaves Goat for Wisconsin Police

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) -- Someone aiming to get the goat of Waukesha police left behind a bizarre missive - and a goat.

The goat was attached to a lamp post downtown, along with a message scrawled on an orange piece of paper:

"I stole a goat you (expletive) cops. I stole a goat and dropped it on this block. Let it run, let it play. Waukesha cops are really gay. It's just a goat, be glad of that, next time a person be sure of that."

But the thief may have left a clue to his identity. Waukesha Police Officer Doug Sandner said a diagram of a one-bedroom apartment was on the back of the note.

He said police have contacted several downtown apartment owners to see if the layout matches, "but this is what we call slim evidence."

Employees of a nearby restaurant found the goat tied up around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, but apparently no one saw the culprit leave it there.

The black and white pygmy goat, about the size of a young Labrador dog, was taken to an animal shelter. So far no one has claimed it, said Laurie Christopherson of the Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County.

Gerry Schumann, who breeds about 35 species of goats on her Oconomowoc farm, said pygmy goats are mainly used for pets. She said when she heard about the downtown goat, she thought, "not again."

"People seem to think goats are a funny joke and I'm not really sure why," she said.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate goats, they don't even taste all that good.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#2]
welcome to wisconsin, where live stock is an accepted way of taunting law enforcment. Whoever did that is an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Eeeewe !
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree, a properly Que'd goat beats pig.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The boss isn't gonna be too happy....  [;)]

[img]http://insel.heim.at/hawaii/310963/daten/smiley.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The boss isn't gonna be too happy....  [;)]

[url]http://insel.heim.at/hawaii/310963/daten/smiley.jpg[/url]
View Quote

oh man, that's just wrong [lol]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree, a properly Que'd goat beats pig.
View Quote

well, hopefully someday I'll have the opportunity to try "properly Que'd" goat. I'm definitely not against anything prepared properly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't care what they say... the guy who left the goat has a good sense of humor.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#10]
GOATBOY! [:D]

Who comes up with this stuff? [lol]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Sniper_Wolfe stole my line, but ROFLMMFAO!!!

[ROFL] [LOL] [LOLabove]

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top