Biographical Info
  Tour of Duty: 3 yr
  Badge Number: 465

Incident Details
  Cause of Death: Gunfire
  Date of Incident: Thursday, February 20, 2003
  Weapon Used: Rifle; Automatic
  Suspect Info: Shot and killed

Patrolman Carruth and PFC David Ezernack were shot and killed while attempting to arrest a suspect during an SRT operation near Overton and Warshauer Streets. The suspect was wanted for ambushing an officer the previous day in which he fired several shots from an automatic weapon into the officer's patrol car. The suspect opened fire as the SRT officers attempted to arrest him, fatally wounding Patrolman Carruth and PFC Ezernack and wounding three other officers. The suspect was also killed in return gunfire.

Patrolman Carruth had been a member of the Alexandria Police Department for almost three years, and also served in the 239th Military Police Company, Louisiana National Guard. He is survived by his two young daughters, fiancée, parents and three sisters.

Private First Class David Ezernack
Alexandria Police Department, LA
End of Watch: Thursday, February 20, 2003

Biographical Info
  Tour of Duty: 4 yr
  Badge Number: 460

Incident Details
  Cause of Death: Gunfire
  Date of Incident: Thursday, February 20, 2003
  Weapon Used: Rifle; Automatic
  Suspect Info: Shot and killed

PFC Ezernack and Patrolman Jeremy Carruth were shot and killed while attempting to arrest a suspect during an SRT operation near Overton and Warshauer Streets. The suspect was wanted for ambushing an officer the previous day in which he fired several shots from an automatic weapon into the officer's patrol car. The suspect opened fire as the SRT officers attempted to arrest him, fatally wounding Patrolman Carruth and PFC Ezernack and wounding three other officers. The suspect was also killed in return gunfire.

PFC Ezernack had been a member of the Alexandria Police Department for almost four years.[/b]

[url]http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=16536[url]

[url]http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=16537[/url]

Thank you for offering your lives and the future happiness of your families while valiantly "Serving and Protecting." Your family’s loss will be trivialized, belittled, demeaned and even forgotten by some. Worry not, Brothers, for those who matter care and remember.

Sleep in the arms of the Lord. Blessed are the peacemakers.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
OK enough is enough. Do you want us to get on our knees to kiss your fuckin feet?

Yes your great and almighty for protecting us stooopid civilians. Thank you for you service.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What does "SRT" stand for?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Rip, you can kiss something... If you have a problem with it [b]do not read it.[/b]

You are welcome, by the way, but thank them, not me.

Red Beard, SRT = Special Response Team. We have Emergency Response Team. Some have Tactical Response Teams, Special Services or of course SWAT, among others. I know of one agency who has a Fast Action Response Team, yes FART. It is emblazoned on their uniforms and vehicle! Too funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK enough is enough. Do you want us to get on our knees to kiss your fuckin feet?

Yes your great and almighty for protecting us stooopid civilians. Thank you for you service.
View Quote

Why are you so pissy Francis? We lose an average of 1 LEO a day. Your local paper only carries the story of the local ones.

PS SRT in this case stood for Special Response Team.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:I know of one agency who has a Fast Action Response Team, yes FART. It is emblazoned on their uniforms and vehicle! Too funny.
View Quote

lmao

what is their motto? "silent, but deadly"?

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:I know of one agency who has a Fast Action Response Team, yes FART. It is emblazoned on their uniforms and vehicle! Too funny.
View Quote

lmao

what is their motto? "silent, but deadly"?

View Quote

If it isn't it should be! Too perfect!

Those guys are all pretty funny. Thew wear that title like it was the Medal of Honor. I guess some chief had a great sense of humor.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
and on the unit crest-

a green haze wafting across a field with a banner above it - 'Move like Wind'
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Heard about this one thru the TMPA rep.  We're still trying to figure out what weapon was used.  All bets here is that it was an AK variant.
The whole deal seemed tailor made for the anti  crowd, however, since the anti's hate police about as much or more than some posters on this board,  it quickly went away.

God Bless the officers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Five0:

This is the general discussion forum, where some members are busy feeling sorry for themselves because TSA searched their luggage, or they got a speeding ticket, or the Patriot Act caused dandelions in their yard.

Posts like this put their complaints in an unpleasant perspective!!

Absolutely not suggesting this describes most folks here, though – cause it definitely doesn’t!!

Condolences!!  Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#11]
R.I.P

[:(]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#12]
[usa] R.I.P. Fallen Officers
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://www.thetowntalk.com/photogalleries/carruthfuneral/photos/5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.thetowntalk.com/photogalleries/carruthfuneral/photos/6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.thetowntalk.com/photogalleries/carruthfuneral/photos/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.thetowntalk.com/photogalleries/carruthfuneral/photos/7.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.thetowntalk.com/photogalleries/carruthfuneral/story.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Five0:

This is the general discussion forum, where some members are busy feeling sorry for themselves because TSA searched their luggage, or they got a speeding ticket, or the Patriot Act caused dandelions in their yard.

[red]Posts like this put their complaints in an unpleasant perspective!![/red]

Absolutely not suggesting this describes most folks here, though – cause it definitely doesn’t!!

Condolences!!  Thanks for the post.
View Quote

Well said. I think you have them (the minority) pegged.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall have peace." - J.C. 31 AD
[usa]
The negative responses to the post are done by those who can't handle the truth. They have never got the 3:00 AM phonecall from the hospital, and never got the dreaded "Knock" at the front door. If they've never been on the receiving end, no words can explain it to them and it's probably best that they go on living in their little sheltered world. That same world is protected by men and women who stand guard while the others sleep peacefully at night. To our fallen brothers, sleep peacefully now, for God watches over you. Our prayers go out to the wives, the husbands, the sons, the daughters, and the parents who will be handed the folded flags that will never fully express their loss, or our undying gratitude.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
BTT. Because.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The negative responses to the post are done by those who can't handle the truth.
View Quote

The Truth is thousands of Americans die everyday. A cops life is worth no more or no less than any other. Trying to single out the cops as special and receiving more attention than the others is EXTREMELY selfish!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Truth is thousands of Americans die everyday. A cops life is worth no more or no less than any other. Trying to single out the cops as special and receiving more attention than the others is EXTREMELY selfish!!
View Quote

This was my point and I agree 100%.

Why can't LEOs understand this??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah yeah yeah.....great.....we understand that many people die a day.  If you dont like this post, quit bitching about it.  If someone dies and you feel they should be recognized, post it.  

who are you to come in here and say who can post what?  Just because its posted doesnt mean you have to read it or comment on it.

Honestly you guys are starting to piss me off.  You have established the point that many other people die a day.  If your soo concerned about that, then why arnt you posting their deaths?  why do you feel the need to pick on the LEO deaths?

FiveO I have no problem with your posts.  A helpful tip might be to post them in Brothers of the Shield and/or Hall of Heros.  

EDITED TO SAY: I almost for got to say thankyou.  I belive a thank you is due for the service that was given by these officers....I stand and applaud you........thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This was my point and I agree 100%.

Why can't LEOs understand this??

Sgtar15
View Quote

probably cuz their always putting up with this kinda garbage.

*Diclaimer* Not a statment to degrade you personally;  Cops just have to put up with these kinds of BS statments alot.

*Another Disclaimer* Not saying that other people dont have to put up with BS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The negative responses to the post are done by those who can't handle the truth.
View Quote

The Truth is thousands of Americans die everyday. [red]A cops life is worth no more or no less than any other.[/red] Trying to single out the cops as special and receiving more attention than the others is EXTREMELY selfish!!
View Quote

So an LEO Life is the equal to a thief, drug dealer, drug addict, rapist, gang banger, etc. etc......[rolleyes]
Very interesting statement, I will try to remember that next time myself or my family if the need ever arises needs the assistance if an LEO.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Who do you call during an Emergancy when you need help?

1: Local thugsta
2: street hoe
3: Kmart cashier
4: High school football team
5: 911-police-fire-medics
6: some CEO
7: some CEO's accountant?
8: road construction guy?

un huh.......
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

un huh.......
View Quote

If I could still protect my property and my own life with deadly force I would have NO reason to call a police officer.  Unfortunately, the state and county government here in VA looks down on me drawing my weapon unless my life is in danger.  They can steal my car, but if they are trying to drive away in it and I see them I CAN NOT shoot....hmmmmm??? [whacko]

Maybe if the government would give us back some of the basic duties of being a responsible land owner/citizen they wouldn't HAVE to come see me at 3am when a teenager is trying to steal my neighbor's motorcycle or trying to steal the wheels from my car, or trying to break in the cars around the corner.

Problem, as illustrated here, is that the mentality is: "Us against them..."

How fucking sad!!

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Why? You don't seem to have any problem singling out cops, to give them your brand of "special" attention.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

un huh.......
View Quote

If I could still protect my property and my own life with deadly force I would have NO reason to call a police officer.  Unfortunately, the state and county government here in VA looks down on me drawing my weapon unless my life is in danger.  They can steal my car, but if they are trying to drive away in it and I see them I CAN NOT shoot....hmmmmm??? [whacko]

Maybe if the government would give us back some of the basic duties of being a responsible land owner/citizen they wouldn't HAVE to come see me at 3am when a teenager is trying to steal my neighbor's motorcycle or trying to steal the wheels from my car, or trying to break in the cars around the corner.

How fucking sad!!

View Quote

Let us know when you are capable of being, Judge, Jury, Court reporter, evidence tech, EMT, firefighter, jailer, Detox nurse, ER doctor, and coroner.

[red]Problem, as illustrated here, is that the mentality is: "Us against them..."[/red]

Yes "them vs. us". Let's see, this was started as a tribute thread to 2 fallen officers. Then some guy has to start whining about the fact that someone would actually think the police officers should be remembered has to throw some disparaging words into the thread. He is quickly backed up by a second whiner, then a third (you).

Think about that who is perpetuating the "them vs us"?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

un huh.......
View Quote

How fucking sad!!

View Quote

Let us know when you are capable of being, Judge, Jury, Court reporter, evidence tech, EMT, firefighter, jailer, Detox nurse, ER doctor, and coroner.
View Quote

Sadly, your argument is non-sensical but since I obviously didn't just tow the line here you decided to make this reply.  I SPECIFICALLY said I could handle the IMMEDIATE response need of calling a police officer out.  Why do many criminals immediately stop for cops vs. running from citizens?  They know they may get shot by the cop.  If the thugs who were committing grand larceny when I interceded had any idea that I might have shot them, they would have likely heeded my orders.....

When will the cops be able to be: "Judge, Jury, Court reporter, evidence tech, EMT, firefighter, jailer, Detox nurse, ER doctor, and coroner"????

What was that point??

I am not here to bash the officers only to say that an "Us vs. Them" -- as YOU JUST ILLUSTRATED IN SPADES -- is self-defeating.  We, the [b]responsible citizens[/b] of America  are capable of taking care of our immediate needs, but have been fuckwrangled by laws that exclude us in taking care of ourselves.  This is not me cop-bashing, this is me making a commentary, on the clusterfuck that has become our concept of criminal justice and crime prevention.

Ed  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll try and type slower, so you can keep up. You as an individual don't have the capablity to deal with a whole bunch of situations.

Car crash near your house, what are you and your gun gonna do there?

You catch a burglar and he immed. surrenders. What you gonna do with him? Can you run the trial? The incarceration if he is sentenced to jail?

Drunk guy passes out on you front lawn. What are you and your gun gonna do for that?

Answer, call the cops, to have them clean up the mess that [red]you can't handle.[/red]

You know you and your gun expect the police to handle a whole lot of problems. In return is it too much to ask for some measure of respect and support when the police do the job that society asks of them? Apparently by your responses it is.  

Ripmeyer, and Sgtar15 have no problem with pulling apart an incident that the police handled badly, or they THINK, in keyboard commando-ville, the police handled badly. They have no problem that police officer doing wrong on video will make national news. While an officer killed in the line of duty, is an inconvinience if they have to read about it. Because obviously memorializing those officers is demenaing to all other humans.

Think real careful what kind of people you want to align yourself with.

a) Those that are willing to take risks, and put their lives on the line to help other people.

b) Keyboard commandoes, that are whiney little malcontents who haven't personally accomplished anything in their pathetic little lives, except the occasional verbal barb on the internet directed at other people.

Pick the side you want.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#28]
And another thing, not to long ago someone started a thread asking for prayers for their sick mother. He explained she was in the hospital suffering the effects of long term alcohol abuse. Several people indicated prayers were on the way.

Then someone pointed out that that persons mother was simply suffering from the forseeable consequences of her being a alcoholic, and that she was selfish, and totally at fault for the situation.

He was roundly criticized. It was pointed out that the thread was not an apropriate place to discuss the consequences of alcholism, becuase the thread was about offering prayers.

Several more people indicated prayers were on the way. Several more people indicated that the person who posted about the forseeable consequnces was a basically a heartless oaf, who should have held his tongue.

Explain to me how this thread is anymore apropriate for the comments made complaining about police officers?

The answer, it isn't, but it accepted here because after all, it's wrong to point out the obvious consequences of being a drunk, but since it's just dead cops, feel free to make as many childish comments as you care to.

Thanks mr. responsible citizen for standing up for civility like you did in this thread. I knew we could count on you to do the decent thing.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

un huh.......
View Quote

Who do you call when a giant turd is stuck in your toilet?

If I cant fix it myself I call a plumber!! Imagine that!!

So whats your point?

THEY picked the job, THEY get paid for the job, so do the job collect the check and STFU!!
That is no different from anyone else who has a job!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who do you call during an Emergency when you need help?

un huh.......
View Quote

So whats your point?

THEY picked the job, THEY get paid for the job, so do the job collect the check and STFU!!
View Quote

[rolleyes] Definitely no clue on what is going on.
I think you need to shut the fuck up and quit posting on this thread. You are thoughtless and talking out our ass.
I will promise you one thing the next time a need a fucking Nazi's opinion I will do my damndest to track you down and ask for your wisdom.
Answer this one Nazi!! How does a thread about a fallen officer crank you up?

[red]Oh I am sorry I forgot you were defending the burning of the American Flag in another post some time back.[/red]

[size=2]I remember this now you were using the first amendment rights to protect Nazi's like yourself who choose to burn the American Flag.[/size=2]

Take your own advice and [b]You Shut The Fuck Up Nazi[/b]

Truth be known you are a shitbird anyway, a person who would go out of there way to disrupt a Fallen Officers thread that doesn't even pertain to him, is a little shaky in my book to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Pardon me for interupting the squable but I thought Memorial Day was for the observance and rememberance of those members of the U.S. Armed Forces that fell in battle.

Certainly these brave officers are due respect and rememberance and my heart goes out to their families...but don't cheapen the meaning of Memorial Day by getting into a pissing contest about cops versus citizens!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

un huh.......
View Quote

How fucking sad!!

View Quote

[red]Problem, as illustrated here, is that the mentality is: "Us against them..."[/red]

Yes "them vs. us". [red]Let's see, this was started as a tribute thread to 2 fallen officers.[/red] Then some guy has to start whining about the fact that someone would actually think the police officers should be remembered has to throw some disparaging words into the thread. He is quickly backed up by a second whiner, then a third (you).

Think about that who is perpetuating the "them vs us"?  
View Quote

Lets be honest oly, these threads were posted in GD by a "protected class", as a TROLL thread.. Don't whine, because the poster is getting the intended reaction...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Car crash near your house, what are you and your gun gonna do there?
View Quote

Nothing.  If it's only "near" my house it's none of my business.  I would try to render first aid if possible and useful.

You catch a burglar and he immed. surrenders. What you gonna do with him? Can you run the trial? The incarceration if he is sentenced to jail?
View Quote

Tie him up, place him in a large garbage bag, put him out with the rest of the garbage.

Drunk guy passes out on you front lawn. What are you and your gun gonna do for that?
View Quote

Tie him up, place him in a large garbage bag, put him out with the rest of the garbage.

I think that about covers it, anything else? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll try and type slower, so you can keep up. You as an individual don't have the capablity to deal with a whole bunch of situations.[red]Hell, you AS A COP CAN'T DEAL WITH A BUNCH OF SITUATIONS EITHER...THINKS ON IT FOOL!![/red]

Car crash near your house, what are you and your gun gonna do there?[red]Happened right in front of my house, called 911, ran out and assessed what I could do...boiled down to comforting the lady pinned inside her car.  When the cops got there -- 10 minutes after the ambulance and fire truck crew, they were unsuccessfully directing traffic and stayed the hell out of the way, like everyone else.[/red]

You catch a burglar and he immed. surrenders. What you gonna do with him? Can you run the trial? The incarceration if he is sentenced to jail?[red]Can you run the trial, as an officer??  Do regular police officers incarerate the guilty in WA??  We use corrections officers here.  You point is still asisine.[/red]

Drunk guy passes out on you front lawn. What are you and your gun gonna do for that?[red]Tie a fucking rope to his heels and drag his drunk ass right down to the curb...next...[/red]

Answer, call the cops, to have them clean up the mess that [red]you can't handle.[/red]
[blue][size=6]bzzzttt.....WRONG...try again[/size=6][/blue]

You know you and your gun expect the police to handle a whole lot of problems. In return is it too much to ask for some measure of respect and support when the police do the job that society asks of them? Apparently by your responses it is.  

Ripmeyer, and Sgtar15 have no problem with pulling apart an incident that the police handled badly, or they THINK, in keyboard commando-ville, the police handled badly. They have no problem that police officer doing wrong on video will make national news. While an officer killed in the line of duty, is an inconvinience if they have to read about it. Because obviously memorializing those officers is demenaing to all other humans.

Think real careful what kind of people you want to align yourself with.

a) Those that are willing to take risks, and put their lives on the line to help other people.

b) Keyboard commandoes, that are whiney little malcontents who haven't personally accomplished anything in their pathetic little lives, except the occasional verbal barb on the internet directed at other people.

Pick the side you want.
View Quote

[>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(]
[>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I find it fascinating that police work is being compared to military SERVICE in this, and other threads. It would appear, some police have taken the militarization of our police to heart.

BTW, For the record, there is NO comparison, between a soldier, and a police officer, and a true "Peace Officer", would resent the comparison.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

BTW, For the record, there is NO comparison, between a soldier, and a police officer, and a true "Peace Officer", would resent the comparison.....
View Quote

You're right, after all the US liberated Iraq with appx 120 casualties. Some of them from car crashes, tank crashes, or airplaine crashes.

300+ names got added to the Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington DC this year.

I was in the Army for 3 years. I was stationed in AL, FRG, LA, and made a side trip to Honduras. You know what, in all that time I never felt a sense of personal danger. If I did get into something I knew I wouldn't be alone when it happened and would be well equipped, and led to deal with it.

I've been a LEO for 15 years. I have been in situations that were dangerous. Generally I have been alone for those incicdents. I work for a dept that was the first in the area to issue bullet proof vests, 25 years ago. Just 2 years ago they decided that they would replace those vests. That's right people had the same vest from the day they were hired, up to 25 years old. I drive a car with 122K miles on it. I also know that if the SHTF, many of my supervisors will see me as expendable if politically expedient, whether or not I followed the law, training, and common sense.

Your right, being a LEO is nothing like being in the military.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who do you call during an Emergency when you need help?

un huh.......
View Quote

So whats your point?

View Quote

[rolleyes] Definitely no clue on what is going on.
I think you need to shut the fuck up and quit posting on this thread. You are thoughtless and talking out our ass.
I will promise you one thing the next time a need a fucking Nazi's opinion I will do my damndest to track you down and ask for your wisdom.
Answer this one Nazi!! How does a thread about a fallen officer crank you up?

[red]Oh I am sorry I forgot you were defending the burning of the American Flag in another post some time back.[/red]

[size=2]I remember this now you were using the first amendment rights to protect Nazi's like yourself who choose to burn the American Flag.[/size=2]

Take your own advice and [b]You Shut The Fuck Up Nazi[/b]

Truth be known you are a shitbird anyway, a person who would go out of there way to disrupt a Fallen Officers thread that doesn't even pertain to him, is a little shaky in my book to begin with.
View Quote

Defending the Constitution makes me a NAZI?

LOL hahahahaha. That was great!! Really!! Thanks for the laugh!!![:D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Why do you cop haters come into these threads and take a giant shit? You know what they contain before you click. We know what all 5 of you think already because you have made it very clear in every thread. Your behavior is extremely similar to that of a skank ass troll.
You come in here to take a shit just to stink things up. Yes, a plumber and a policeman   definitely have similar job descriptions.
[whacko]

Why dont you guys start a "why we hate the po po thread". There you will be able to bond and provide comfort to each other.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Well......this was bigger can of worms then I thought.

lol

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Rip,

Got a rap sheet, don't 'ya? Or was it that you got rejected for a police job?

Maybe both.

Either way, your resentment is apparent.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Rip,

Got a rap sheet, don't 'ya? Or was it that you got rejected for a police job?
View Quote

No rap sheet and I was not beat up by school yard bullies so I have no need to become a cop. Your free to check it out.

Quoted:

Either way, your resentment is apparent.
View Quote

I would hope so. It is VERY obvious, Sherlock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Okay, then I've got you figured out. You must be the ungrateful, useless turd, armchair warrior, fatass who calls 9-1-1 at the drop of a hat.

You probably claim that you are the most macho, gun toting commando who would crush any criminal who would have the audacity to do anything wrong to you or yours...if not for those pesky state laws that don't allow deadly force for the least little offense.

Well, that's just a crutch to cover up your inability to protect yourself. But don't worry, your local police will still protect your butt even though they may find out your lack of respect for them.

Maybe I'm tired of this board's anti-police constituency. Here's my final thought for the thoughtless: Soldiers, cops, firefighters, EMTs, etc., ARE THE BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, PERIOD. They are the protectors of society. The little thank yous that are directed toward us periodically outweigh the attitudes of assholes like you, hands down.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pardon me for interupting the squable but I thought Memorial Day was for the observance and rememberance of those members of the U.S. Armed Forces that fell in battle.
View Quote

Exactly.

It's a day to remember those who have defended our rights and freedoms, not those who trample them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Okay, then I've got you figured out. You must be the ungrateful, useless turd, armchair warrior, fatass who calls 9-1-1 at the drop of a hat.

You probably claim that you are the most macho, gun toting commando who would crush any criminal who would have the audacity to do anything wrong to you or yours...if not for those pesky state laws that don't allow deadly force for the least little offense.

Well, that's just a crutch to cover up your inability to protect yourself. But don't worry, your local police will still protect your butt even though they may find out your lack of respect for them.

Maybe I'm tired of this board's anti-police constituency. Here's my final thought for the thoughtless: Soldiers, cops, firefighters, EMTs, etc., ARE THE BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, PERIOD. They are the protectors of society. The little thank yous that are directed toward us periodically outweigh the attitudes of assholes like you, hands down.
View Quote

+ 1 RIP

Gotcha!!! LOL
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why do you cop haters come into these threads and take a giant shit? You know what they contain before you click. We know what all 5 of you think already because you have made it very clear in every thread. Your behavior is extremely similar to that of a skank ass troll.
You come in here to take a shit just to stink things up. Yes, a plumber and a policeman   definitely have similar job descriptions.
[whacko]

Why dont you guys start a "why we hate the po po thread". There you will be able to bond and provide comfort to each other.
View Quote

Your assertions that I am a cop hater are unfounded -- not only is my uncle an LT for Orange County I also happen to like the three or four officers who handle our neighborhood "beat".  Re-read my threads an witness that once I didn't just "go along" suddenly all the "po po" wanted to jump in.  Why??

Well simple, FIVE-O posted he needed assistance in the Brothers of the Shield forum to deal with some assholes.  Quite honestly, you can read for yourself what my thoughts on the threads themselves were, and you can see what I think about the way the "cops" on here handled it.

Us vs. Them......very simple and born out in spades.

Here's your shit sandwich now, eat up. [beer]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[whacko]

View Quote

Your assertions that I am a cop hater are unfounded -- not only is my uncle an LT for Orange County I also happen to like the three or four officers who handle our neighborhood "beat".  Re-read my threads an witness that once I didn't just "go along" suddenly all the "po po" wanted to jump in.  Why??

Well simple, FIVE-O posted he needed assistance in the Brothers of the Shield forum to deal with some assholes.  Quite honestly, you can read for yourself what my thoughts on the threads themselves were, and you can see what I think about the way the "cops" on here handled it.

Us vs. Them......very simple and born out in spades.

Here's your shit sandwich now, eat up. [beer]
View Quote

I am not quite hungry [b]yet[/b][:D] Rather you like or dislike cops really does not matter. What I find interesting is the need for some to come in here and fuck a [b]memorial[/b] thread up. The point has already been made in previous posts concerning this topic. FiveO is not going to stop honoring the fallen in his profession no matter what you or anyone else says. The disturbance in here is troll like. I am not afraid to eat crow, believe me. I have eaten my share and probably enough for you as well, but trolling in an officer down threads is wrong. *IMHO....YMMV*
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Shivan: Just what about the "Us vs. them" attitude has your panties in a wad? Is it because we cops often do things that get misconstrued by people who dont understand the job and subsequently get raked over the coals for it? Is it because when someone posts a thread asking folks to remember two cops who died heros some asswipe or two chimes in with nothing but disrepect toward cops?

[personalattackmode]

Ripmeyer, youre an ass. Plain and simple. I almost cannot wait until someday you come onto this board asking for help or prayers for some personal loss. Guess what you'll get from me? Post an address and your getting a sack filled with dog shit. Fresh dog shit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Shivan: Just what about the "Us vs. them" attitude has your panties in a wad? Is it because we cops often do things that get misconstrued by people who dont understand the job and subsequently get raked over the coals for it? Is it because when someone posts a thread asking folks to remember two cops who died heros some asswipe or two chimes in with nothing but disrepect toward cops?

[personalattackmode]

Ripmeyer, youre an ass. Plain and simple. I almost cannot wait until someday you come onto this board asking for help or prayers for some personal loss. Guess what you'll get from me? Post an address and your getting a sack filled with dog shit. Fresh dog shit.
View Quote

Where you gonna get fresh dog shit? Wipe it off your dick?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Dave223:

IM sent....

Ed
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

[personalattackmode]

View Quote

K9:

The problem I have is that it is blinding.  I got lumped in with "cop haters" when I was specifically trying to avoid that...however I wanted to make a comment and address simplistic asinine statements by one of the "brothers"...why is nobody telling the idiots among your "brotherhood" to STFU?  The downward spiral is not helped any by the tit for tat bullshit that is going on.

Oly is off base and has quite simply made the most asinine statements regarding police work I have EVER heard from anybody, including several diatribes by recent "cadets" after 1 day of training.

You may want to take the lead you use for your partner and leash him up before he gets too far off base.

Sorry to make the situation worse, that was not my intention.

This is the biggest clusterfuck in a bit...how sad...

My thoughts are out with the families of the officers.

My amusement is with the represented "brotherhood" on this thread from AR15.com. [lol]

Ed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top