Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2003 8:53:57 PM EDT
Salesman says its illegal in WA to sell gun parts to minors. Wish they would have told me that before the other guy sold me a POS Ergo grip a month ago. Its just a flash suppressor. Anyone heard of this law, or is he wrong?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
lame

real lame

really really lame

no law, just really frickin' lame
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
When they get their online ordering system up, just order it online, or do a mail order.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Salesman says its illegal in WA to sell gun parts to minors. Wish they would have told me that before the other guy sold me a POS Ergo grip a month ago. Its just a flash suppressor. Anyone heard of this law, or is he wrong?
View Quote

Curious, what in your opinion makes the Ergo Grip a POS?
View Quote

Its well made, and it seems really nice for prone shooting, but if you hold your arms close to your body for CQB/Carbine style shooting, the grip is all off. Its not a POS, Im just a little bitter right now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Just an asshole salesman.
Report him to his superior.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, sorry. I like A2 myself. I drop my palm low on it, so my arm is straight with my hand. That lets me lock my wrist and pull back hard. With the Ergo grip I had to bend my wrist, and it popped from time to time. It wasn't as strong a grip.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump, so I can see what you guys have to say about this BS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Got the same kind of people here I wanted to buy a holster once when I was like 14 for a BB gun and they would not sell me one because it was a hangun related product
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The easiest way to solve your issue is to be 18 [shock]

really though, what "dealer" was this????

Just tell them it's for Airsoft or paintball or something...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The easiest way to solve your issue is to be 18 [shock]

really though, what "dealer" was this????

Just tell them it's for Airsoft or paintball or something...
View Quote

I was at the Oly Arms show room in Nisqually, and being 18 isnt an option for another 373 days.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Refusing to sell a non-regulated gun part to a minor sounds like a policy of the salesman and not a law.

I'd just chalk it up to the guy being an ass, and prejudiced toward people younger than him.  Give somebody else your business if they don't want your money.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Id say that hes just being an asshole. last year when I was 18 I had a guy refuse to sell me a stripped lower because it was a "rifle part" and even though I was old enough he just wanted to"stay safe" and wouldnt sell it to me unless I was 21. he actually forced me into a straw purchase just to buy the thing. I cant even count the number of laws ive probably broke because of asshole gun dealers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
How the hell do you have any guns at all if you are 16? (right? 18 yrs - 373 days = 17 yrs. - a few days= 16 yrs. old)??? You knwo that legally you can't own firearms at your age, right? So, who did you bribe/kill/blow/beat senseless to get your guns? How many do you have BTW? Lets see some pics!!! I bet you got some really nice stuff...

Doggonit.out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
In NY you can legally possess a long gun at 16 under state law.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
possess and own are two diffrent things.

I really dont want kids to be able to buy uppers for a AR etc.

To many nuty kids out there who think life is a game.

You can't bend a rule for a few. Your peers need to shape up a bit.

Hell I use to drive to school with a Shotgun in the trunk to go out with friends after class.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I owned my first rifle at age 6. I'm still here and haven't killed anybody (yet).
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#19]
You know what, your not alone. Then again its different times and kids have seem to gone stupid.

Common sense is no longer frequent in our world, this especially with our youth.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey snipley you ass, weren't you banned? Go to hell please....
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Gus:

If you "owned" it then you where breaking the law, I am calling the BATF. not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
lol, I have a question. Why didn't one of your parents or guardians just purchase the item for you?

I was banned, news to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#23]
It is kindof odd to know that there are teenagers on this site. I am not against it but I do hope most of them are not Columbine wannabes. I had a bunch of guns underage but that was back then when everyone hunted and there wasn't so much crap on TV and worse the current video games they can get.

Oh ya...

Order the Vortex online. Who bought you a $1000 plus Pre-Ban kid?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I think that he is planning to go C. He has a preban??? Bet he stole it.....

(note sarcasm)
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is kindof odd to know that there are teenagers on this site. I am not against it but I do hope most of them are not Columbine wannabes. I had a bunch of guns underage but that was back then when everyone hunted and there wasn't so much crap on TV and worse the current video games they can get.
View Quote

Umm , right, TV and Videogames can really
destroy 16+ years of Parental love and
guidance ....... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That depends on what context you use it in. Under federal law you must be eighteen to have a long gun transferred from a licensee.  That is not true under state law in a private transfer by a non-licensee.  In NY the legal age is 16. In other states that allow private transfers the age varies.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Umm , right, TV and Videogames can really
destroy 16+ years of Parental love and
guidance ....... [rolleyes]
View Quote

Just how do you know what kids on this site have LOVE and GOOD parental guidance? Crystal ball or something.

I am not saying every kid is a nut job but there is a whole lot more of it today than when I was 16.

U must be 16 too!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Hell!!!  I am 23 and have been shooting/owned firearms since I was 13. With BB guns that drops to about 5.. The employee was a stupid ASS!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How the hell do you have any guns at all if you are 16? (right? 18 yrs - 373 days = 17 yrs. - a few days= 16 yrs. old)??? You knwo that legally you can't own firearms at your age, right? So, who did you bribe/kill/blow/beat senseless to get your guns? How many do you have BTW? Lets see some pics!!! I bet you got some really nice stuff...

Doggonit.out.
View Quote

I have 2 ARs, a G21 and Franchi O/U, some hunting rifles. In the American tradition, everyone except the law considers them mine.  Technically they belong to my father, but that is a temp arrangement until I am of age.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I really dont want kids to be able to buy uppers for a AR etc.

To many nuty kids out there who think life is a game.

You can't bend a rule for a few. Your peers need to shape up a bit.

Hell I use to drive to school with a Shotgun in the trunk to go out with friends after class.

View Quote

Its not the law. Not Federally, probably not in the state.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
lol, I have a question. Why didn't one of your parents or guardians just purchase the item for you?
View Quote

I didnt forsee the need for a straw purchase of a $34 piece of metal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh ya...

Order the Vortex online. Who bought you a $1000 plus Pre-Ban kid?
View Quote

Wrong on both counts. I bought myself a Colt Sporter, from savings, on my 16th birthday. Traded it for an Oly preban, and added a cav arms lower this winter. And I am not a Columbine wannabee. I want to be an officer in the US military. Also, I spend my time herre or studying, not playing video games. I havent gone to HS in a year, I go to the community college.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait a minute.... if you are 16 or 17 whatever, how the hell can you be in college for more than a year??? Genius or something?

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wait a minute.... if you are 16 or 17 whatever, how the hell can you be in college for more than a year??? Genius or something?

View Quote

There are 365 days in a year, which is less than 37. [;)]

One time I went to buy some cylinders for a pellet pistol one time and they would not sell them to me. It was total BS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Running Start. The HS sends me to college on their dime, and I get HS and college credit. Thats why I graduate this year, at 17, with two year os high school, and one year of college.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#36]
So you are a genius after all....

SAT? SAT II Writing? SAT II Math? SAT II Physics/Chem/??? Are you a National Merit Scholar? Damn... So, going to Berkeley? LOL!!!

Doggonit.out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

One time I went to buy some cylinders for a pellet pistol one time and they would not sell them to me. It was total BS.
View Quote

Yeah you are stoned like shit, you 14 year old!!! Jeez sniper wolofe, stop smoking that stuff when your parents are away, it kills braincells faster than viedo games do. Go back to school! 37 is less than 365 no the other way around and WTF does 37 have to do with what I was talking about. Just SHUT UP! Come back when you are not high.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gus:

If you "owned" it then you where breaking the law, I am calling the BATF. not.
View Quote

Nope never broke a law. When I was 6 it was 1967, and it was legal. I didn't go out and buy a rifle at age 6 obviously, but back then a father was allowed to give his son a rifle, period.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#39]
IMO, if you are old enough for the government to give you a machine gun, send you overseas to kill and be killed, you are old enough to get drunk and get laid first.  And I will add, buy gun parts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Running Start. The HS sends me to college on their dime, and I get HS and college credit. Thats why I graduate this year, at 17, with two year os high school, and one year of college.
View Quote

I wish my hs had paid for me to attend university. They would not let me take ap so I went the local cc and got a year and a half of college done by the time I started normal college.

PS I hope to gradulate in 4 but engineering is a bitch and I have already failed some classes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yeah you are stoned like shit, you 14 year old!!! Jeez sniper wolofe, stop smoking that stuff when your parents are away, it kills braincells faster than viedo games do. Go back to school! 37 is less than 365 no the other way around and WTF does 37 have to do with what I was talking about. Just SHUT UP! Come back when you are not high.
View Quote

373. Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So you are a genius after all....

SAT? SAT II Writing? SAT II Math? SAT II Physics/Chem/??? Are you a National Merit Scholar? Damn... So, going to Berkeley? LOL!!!

Doggonit.out.
View Quote

I actually havent taken those. I procrastinate, and I wasnt planning to graduate this year. Then I got an 03 F250, and to pay for it I need to work for my dads company all next year, so I need the diploma.

come to think of it, I got 4 or 5 of some awards. Merit something or other. They kept trying to sell me a yearbook or something, so I threw them out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

373. Sorry.
View Quote

Tweakers![:d]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#44]
WOW!!!!

A couple kids shoot up a school and now all kids are bad??

WTF??  I got a 15y.o. boy who is a great kids...own his own rifle.  Can't kill anyone with a flash hider or just an upper.  And last I checked you can still kill someone without a flash hider.  SO whats the point here??

BTW, get the Hogue grip...I love mine.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WOW!!!!
Can't kill anyone with a flash hider or just an upper.
SGtar15
View Quote

Necessity is the mother of all invention (and procrastionation the deadbeat dad)

I know a guy that got national merit and then dropped out (the award was by mistake, but hey it was funny)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#46]
 It never crossed my mind to consider what the state 'allowed' in teaching my kids about guns nor when they were 'ready' for rifles, pistols and shotguns.
 They got 22 Chipmonks at 8, S&W AW kit guns at 10 and AR's at 12[with 22 conv. units]. Free ammo! Shotguns[20ga.] at 16. They are safe, concientious shooters-and always have been.
 About the only restriction I imposed was my immediate presense if any of their friends wanted to shoot while visiting.[Since most of their friends were clueless urbanites. Which I remedied BTW:-)!].
 And, yes, anyone subject to fighting a war for the state can damn well exsecise ALL their Rights. Ghost
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#47]
me thinks that sniply and doggonit have personal problems.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, I've GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOU...

You are entering a world of pain Smokey....

*Doggonit keeps on babbling insanely while two orderlies lead him away for misusing the computer privileges at St. Vincent's Mental Hospital*

OR, better yet:

Hey, just cause mine is 24 inches and you only have a 2 inch one doesn't mean that I have a problem, maybe YOU have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Screw 'em.  If they don't want your money gladly give it to someone else who will appreciate your business.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, I've GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOU...

You are entering a world of pain Smokey....

*Doggonit keeps on babbling insanely while two orderlies lead him away for misusing the computer privileges at St. Vincent's Mental Hospital*

OR, better yet:

Hey, just cause mine is 24 inches and you only have a 2 inch one doesn't mean that I have a problem, maybe YOU have a problem.
View Quote

please guys, no personal attacks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top