Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 8:30:49 PM EDT
… All personal opinions aside, what possibly can be the TRUE rationale behind the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Red Cross and any other emergency agency, federal or otherwise, blatant and complete absence of FIREARMS in any civil defense plan?

… What about the 80 million Americans that aren’t sheeple. If firearms could possibly keep your family safe of marauders, thieves and killers, why wouldn’t the Department of Homeland Security mention the possibility of possessing them for personal safety if they were serious?

… I would like a serious answer. [i](Yeah, sure you say, it’s Friday night)[/i]

[url]http://www.ready.gov/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably because their CD plans do not concern a failure of civil order...

If that happens, DHS will, of course, be irrelevant untill the govt regains control.

The scenarios they are 'preparing' for involve everyone evacuating or holing up at home untill the situation is contained, not a riot, or mass looting (presumably because the rest of the plan involves national guard deployment to stop looting, etc...)...

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be simply a waist of time,as those of us that feel the need of owning a firearm for protection have one!

To those whom don't feel the need or whom would not use them,they are a waist of money and would simply arm the bad guy!

The need to warn any American citizen that we might be on the verge of a terr attach is also unneeded information.   As the people that it would do any good for are allready plugged in!

The rest expect us and the Government to protect them,and we will!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If we all maintain our own level of HOME land security. Why would you want the feds to be involved anyway? For organizational value?
I have often wondered how on earth we would all work together to protect our communities if the shit hit the fan. Assuming that all levels of communication on a local basis are inoperative, than how does a mostly untrained militia operate in this type of environment? I don't know if we can. Work as a team that is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It would be simply a waist of time,
View Quote

Waist: where one wears their belt.

Waste: garbage, excess or trash.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Subjects are much easier to rule than citizens.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably because their CD plans do not concern a failure of civil order...

The scenarios they are 'preparing' for involve everyone evacuating or holing up at home untill the situation is contained, not a riot, or mass looting (presumably because the rest of the plan involves national guard deployment to stop looting, etc...)...

View Quote

... Most probable response

Quoted:

... I have often wondered how on earth we would all work together to protect our communities if the shit hit the fan ...

View Quote

... Well little brother, at least our family is large enough, and of "like mind", so we'll begin at home! [i](You watch everything from Chandler east and I'll watch everything from Mesa west!)[/i]  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ching Ching

[50]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be simply a waist of time,
View Quote

Waist: where one wears their belt.

Waste: garbage, excess or trash.
View Quote

I'll take B for One Thousand Alex!

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top