Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 9:19:10 AM EDT
I was looking for an SF to add a threaded barrel to for an Octane 45 that's in jail and noticed Glock has a factory model with suppressor sights and a threaded barrel. Is this price decent?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565058971
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a gen 4
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
575?  Ehhhh.

Seems like full retail to me vs "good deal".
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

View Quote

Are the standard 21 SF's not about $525? $50 seems like a good price for an upgrade to a factory threaded barrel and tall sights. The aftermarket barrels are $140 or so and a Glock barrel would be $175 no doubt.

Most other listings I saw were $620 or so.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are the standard 21 SF's not about $525? $50 seems like a good price for an upgrade to a factory threaded barrel and tall sights. The aftermarket barrels are $140 or so and a Glock barrel would be $175 no doubt.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

It's still pretty close to what he paid for it, so I'd rather just buy NIB and add new sights and barrel to it.    You don't know how old the sights are or how many rounds have gone down the tube.   If it was in the late 400s or 500 it'd be decent.  575?  Meh.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's still pretty close to what he paid for it, so I'd rather just buy NIB and add new sights and barrel to it.    You don't know how old the sights are or how many rounds have gone down the tube.   If it was in the late 400s or 500 it'd be decent.  575?  Meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

Do wut? The link is for a NIB model. It also has 3 mags. Supressor sights from Glock are not tritium, just a painted yellow front sight and a black rear. I have them on my G19 with a threaded lone wolf barrel, also waiting for an Octane 9 to get out of jail. Hopefully next month. I also want to put a threaded barrel on my USP 45 but good lord, those factory barrels are so expensive it makes it worth while to sell and buy a tactical version.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a gen 4
View Quote

I have not seen any Gen 4 SF's, let alone tactical config.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do wut? The link is for a NIB model. It also has 3 mags. Supressor sights from Glock are not tritium, just a painted yellow front sight and a black rear. I have them on my G19 with a threaded lone wolf barrel, also waiting for an Octane 9 to get out of jail. Hopefully next month. I also want to put a threaded barrel on my USP 45 but good lord, those factory barrels are so expensive it makes it worth while to sell and buy a tactical version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

You sound like you've already decided, so go buy it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

If that's how you feel about it, buy it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a gen 4

The SF designation means Short Frame. On the Gen 3 guns the grip size was huge and many shooters even those with large hands complained about it. Glock reduced the size of the grip and gave it the SF designation. When the Gen 4 guns came along, they used the same SF dimensions for the grip. So therefore there will never be a "Gen 4 SF" model, because it is already the same size.

As for the TB models (threaded barrels), those are currently only available in a Gen 3 gun. Glock has not yet started offering their own factory threaded barrels in any Gen 4 model. That may change in the future but they have not made any announcements as to when.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The SF designation means Short Frame. On the Gen 3 guns the grip size was huge and many shooters even those with large hands complained about it. Glock reduced the size of the grip and gave it the SF designation. When the Gen 4 guns came along, they used the same SF dimensions for the grip. So therefore there will never be a "Gen 4 SF" model, because it is already the same size.

As for the TB models (threaded barrels), those are currently only available in a Gen 3 gun. Glock has not yet started offering their own factory threaded barrels in any Gen 4 model. That may change in the future but they have not made any announcements as to when.

Hope this helps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a gen 4

Hope this helps.

Ok, very good info. Thanks, I did not know that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
575?  Ehhhh.

Seems like you want it. If you're OK with the price then get it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread needs a photo:

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought "tactical models" had a 1913 rail?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hope this helps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a gen 4

Hope this helps.

Any idea if they will be offered in the 'Blue Box' program?  I have the 21SF BB but would like the threaded barrel and tall sights... It's for the children's hearing!

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This thread needs a photo:

<a href="http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/flytosail3/media/776867EB-6D99-49B8-8BF6-176A1982A25E_zpsuouknssv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/776867EB-6D99-49B8-8BF6-176A1982A25E_zpsuouknssv.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sweet. Does anyone know what the barrel threading is on factory Glock barrels? M16-1 Left hand?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top