Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 1:21:08 PM EDT
What a blast. Took Tac Rifle I with TFTT (www.tftt.com) in Sacramento, CA yesterday. My brother and a friend of mine trained with about 8 others.

Outstanding class and outstanding value. For 1 day training (class and practical) $130. I used my M1A Std. with whamocamo stock (tricolor)and aimpoint ML2. The bummer is, these guys are old school and would not let me use my sight. So I had to use Irons...we zeroed the rifles, confirmed zero, and began basic shooting positions from a variety of ranges out to 100yrds.  

We worked on double taps to the noggin, fast target acquisition, tactical and speed reloading, and finally a combat course of fire that took into account all elements of what we trained on.

Today I am sore as hell, have a nice bruise fromt the 300 or so rounds through my big pig and I have a new appreciation for any soldier that ever fought with an M14. Hell, I have new appreciation for anyone that was deployed to Iraq or any other desert hell hole...it was 95 degrees out there and I was burnt by the end of the day...but I wasn't humping a ruck, wearing a helmet or getting shot at.

Thank you to all who are or have served.

I highly reccommend TFTT...I will not train with anyone else.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good course.  I have been to Thunder ranch and it was excellent also.

You may have been like me.  I have a lot of experience and thought, "I probably won't learn much, but I'm going anyway."  After the course, I couldn't believe how much I'd learned.

I was shooting an AR and appreciate your shooting an M1A.  I bet that puppy weighed about 50 pounds by the end of the day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a pig but to be honest even when we did standing shots toward the end of the day I was swinging it just fine. It was when it was slung on my shoulder that tiresome.

It was funny to watch my hits on steel blow the target away compared to the 223 just making a little "ting" sound on impact. The 308 is an awesome battle rifle. There were 2 other M1As out there - one std and one scout. My buddy had an AR10...so the 308 was well represented.

The other thing that you never think about was mag weight. I had 6 20 rd mags on my hip...damn....should have worn LBE gear!

I found my shooting to be on the money with irons and I know with my aimpoint I am right on target. I was getting good groups in every phase. The instructor even commented to me on the combat course (3 close range double tap head shots through window) every one was touching in right between the eyes. It was the highlight of my course.

Made me think of using my camelback next time....I was losing fluid big time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top