Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 5:41:46 AM EDT
Holy shit. What a great experience. 240's, 249's & M16's in all stages of completion. Awesome. Metal detector on entrance & exit. Guess they don't want any parts walking out...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they let your test fire anything?

Isn't that plant long guns only?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Metal detector on entrance & exit. Guess they don't want any parts walking out...
View Quote

Well, in the Para-Ord plant in Canada, some workers stole whole guns, so I think the plant management just want to be sure that no authorized equipment gets lost.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
... Which FN plant?

... Years ago I went to the Fabrique Nationale plant in Herstal, Belgium [i](happened to be in the area and a proud owner of an FN-FNC)[/i]  and they wouldn't let me in to save my ass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... Which FN plant?

... Years ago I went to the Fabrique Nationale plant in Herstal, Belgium [i](happened to be in the area and a proud owner of an FN-FNC)[/i]  and they wouldn't let me in to save my ass.
View Quote

Wise guy!

FN only assembles M240, M249, M16s in FN Columbia, SC plant.

[url=http://www.fnmfg.com/]FN Manufacturing, Inc.[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the heck don't they make any yummy US made postbans?  That sucks...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a rumour floating around the SHOT show that they were about to start offering those.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]
How were you able to get in?  That's worth a trip to SC by itself!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read somewhere, but I forget where, that they are expressly forbiddened by USA contract to produce guns for the commercial market, only military.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah the government is too greedy as usual....
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:03:25 AM EDT
[#10]
When I went to see my daughter off at Fort Sill she had one of those,other than having a burst they didn't look as good as my bushy!

And they got the flash suppresor with the ground hidder COOL!

I fully expected her to have a colt,funny how your mind can slip!

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top