Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 9:51:46 PM EDT
Treated the family to the carnival tonight and I was ready to beat that dane blasted "shoot out the red star" game with the bb tommy gun.

There is just no damn way to beat it.I plunked down 26.00 to try and beat that sob using every method possible. if there is a secret I need to know, NOW!! I want that top of the line "Kent" mtn. bike damnit.

I lose 26.00 on that game,3.00 for parking and 8.00 for unlimited rides to bring home a knock-off Sponge Bob, sore feet and a nagging belly-ache.

Another thing I noticed is that "carnies" are evolving. Some of the women were actually attractive and a couple had braces!

Now, I hadn't been to a carnival in years, but I remember carnies being strung out, rotten toothed trash. yeah, there were still a couple working the "galleries", but it seems they've either moved on to other professions or died off.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to shoot in really short bursts...
And it's easy to do too...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there an age limit these days?  Never was when I was young.  No telling how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on that game.  I never did care about winning.  Just shooting a full-auto BB gun was a prize in and of itself.

TS

Edited because I forgot to make the first sentence a question.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You got taken by the carnies and the carnie code.  No shame in being beaten by the best.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Those stupid games are rigged. When you are on the verge of shooting out the star the dick behind the counter hits the compressor cutoff so the gun won't shoot right.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/bbmachinegun/review5.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah there is one way to beat em.... Use your own gun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#7]

You should've asked the carny for advice.

Carnies are there to help - just like some people on this board.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Hehehe...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Another thing I noticed is that "carnies" are evolving. Some of the women were actually attractive and a couple had braces!

View Quote

Lowering your standards eh?[;)]

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You got taken by the carnies and the carnie code.  No shame in being beaten by the best.
View Quote

Simpson's huh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Short controlled burst on the red star. You can beat the game no problem. It does make a person mad as hell!![pissed]

But here is the most important thing, did you and your family have a good time? If so then it is worth every dime you spent. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to shoot the star out by making a circle around the star (from point to point)
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

[bs]
not in my area anyway...
[:)]
Scott
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You need to shoot the star out by making a circle around the star (from point to point)
View Quote

Bada bing
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#15]
remember- if you leave ONE molecule of the red star -you lose.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep, every time I get on the rides with the kids I look at and see who put them together, and that is the scariest part of the ride.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#17]
My friend used to be a carny
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Me thinks that the last 20 or so bb's are coated in red dye. Thereby leaving a "little" red on the target.
I too have spent oodles of money thinking I could beat the game. Never did.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Where do you buy those things anyway? I'v searched yahoo a bunch of times and the only BB machine guns I can find are airsoft
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#20]
From what I can remember from way back when, the BB's were partially split which may be for safety so when they hit the backstop, they don't ricochet or maybe it's to make them fly erratically. Anyway, I prefer a 12ga, it gets the star every time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Couldn't you just point the BB gun at the carny and say "Gimmy the bike and no one gets hurt."?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't think they use BB's. More like #12 shot.
The projectiles are much smaller than BB's, hence they only take out a very small peice of paper.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Couldn't you just point the BB gun at the carny and say "Gimmy the bike and no one gets hurt."?
View Quote

[ROFL2]

Best advice I have seen so far! I'll give it a try!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Dang I was just about to post about this. I almost did this last weekend. Almost got it a couple of times. Seems that the trick is to shoot around the star as appossed to shoot it out. But either way the most fun is just shooting a full auto bb gun.And I haven`t played shoot out the star in about 10+ years!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#25]

use short controlled bursts around the star.I have beat the damn thing a couple of times over the years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I tried one of those games once.

It was the one where you climb up the rope ladder that is mounted on a couple swivels to allow it to turn 360 degrees.  I watched the carnie walk up the ladder and ring the bell like it was no problem.  I watched the people try it and fall, and I noticed their techniques.  I thought I had it figured out and the prizes were BIG stuffed animals.  Pretty expensive.  So I slowly make my way up the ladder.  I almost lost it a couple times, but I had one or two rungs left and I fell.

Later on my girlfriend told me that when it looked like I was about to win, the carnie climbed up the other ladder and then jumped onto the air matress below.  Since my ladder was resting on the air matress, when he hit the matress, it shook my ladder like a motherfucker and I took the spill.

Asshole!

Oh well...that's how those carnival people make their money to pay for those fancy prizes I guess.

-Nick Viejo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top