Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 2:36:05 PM EDT
Eleanor Helper said she turned into an instant gun-control advocate on May 9, the day her daughter was shot by a gunman at Case Western Reserve University.

Just 11 days later Helper was standing before a Senate committee urging lawmakers not to approve a bill allowing licensed Ohio residents to carry concealed handguns.

"Some might argue that if Sue had had a concealed weapon she could have defended herself," the Columbus woman said. "But what chance would she have had against two semi-automatic handguns carried by an aggressor wearing bulletproof clothing?" [b] AIM FOR THE HEAD. SHOOT TO KILL. [/b]

Biswanath Halder, 62, carried two guns -- a handgun and a semi-automatic -- during a seven-hour siege that killed one and injured two others, including economics professor Susan Helper. He has been charged with one count of aggravated murder and two counts of attempted aggravated murder.

"Why do my elected officials seem to cave in to special interest groups, making it easier to gain access to such massive firepower?" Helper asked the committee............

CRC

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Emotion supresses rational thought.  I feel for these people who lose there kids.  I can't imagine what they feel.  I don't blame them for their misguided statements but I bet it sure is hard being a middle of the road citizen and something like that happens.  That's why education about firearms is our best friend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What's "gun" violence?  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
"But what chance would she have had against two semi-automatic handguns carried by an aggressor wearing bulletproof clothing?"
View Quote

Uh, better odds?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
women don't think rationally they get all emotional and say stupid things, anyone who has a wife or a girlfriend understands this because whenever something bad happens they make up some BS solution EX. Ban guns!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Because she was put up to it by her new "friends" at the brady campaign. A local jogger was murdered during a botched attempted rape a few years ago. They contacted her husband trying to use him as a poster boy. He told them to go screw cuz if we had had a ccw then she would be alive instead of the perp whome she could only legally mace at the time. According to testimony the mace enraged her attacker lessening his culpability in the crime earning him a murder 2 conviction instead of an attempted rape and a murder 1. He was sentenced to 10 years and is already out. But it was the guns fault according to David Price's wife.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Emotion supresses rational thought.  I feel for these people who lose there kids.  I can't imagine what they feel.  I don't blame them for their misguided statements but I bet it sure is hard being a middle of the road citizen and something like that happens.  That's why education about firearms is our best friend.
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]According to testimony the mace enraged her attacker lessening his culpability in the crime earning him a murder 2 conviction instead of an attempted rape and a murder 1[/b]

WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top