Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 1:45:06 PM EDT
[img]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/CAESAR_72dpiSM_500w.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about right.  We will know shortly how much of a friend Bush is to gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Anti-American traitors!
Would you rather a democrat sign the same bill into law? Wake up! The president is only doing this in the best interests of everyone in this great democracy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anti-American traitors!
Would you rather a democrat sign the same bill into law? Wake up! The president is only doing this in the best interests of everyone in this great democracy.
View Quote

Where in the heck do you live!?!?!? Sure as heck isint the United States.  We live in a Constitutional Rebublic.

Even if it is a ploy to look good for the liberal vote, I think it was a bad idea.  The folks at DU know its a plant, at least they believe it anyway.  Since that is the case, GW's ploy wont have the desired effect.  It didnt gain votes, it, in all likelihood, caused him to lose votes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
A picture (or cartoon) is worth a thousand words.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting a strange feeling about how this is going to turn out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where in the heck do you live!?!?!? Sure as heck isint the United States.  We live in a Constitutional Rebublic.

View Quote

WRONG! You Anti-American types keep trying to twist this country into something that it NEVER was. The President has said it time and time again but you refuse to listen.

"As the delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia began working on what would become the United States Constitution, they grasped that a [b]great democracy[/b] must be built..."- GWB, September 17, 2001, Citizenship Day and Constitution Week Proclamation
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

WRONG! You Anti-American types keep trying to twist this country into something that it NEVER was. The President has said it time and time again but you refuse to listen.

"As the delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia began working on what would become the United States Constitution, they grasped that a [b]great democracy[/b] must be built..."- GWB, September 17, 2001, Citizenship Day and Constitution Week Proclamation
View Quote

Citizenship Day and Constitution Week Proclamation
Citizenship Day and Constitution Week, 2001
By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation

[red]As the delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia began working on what would become the United States Constitution, they grasped that a great democracy must be built on the twin foundations of national consent to a Federal Government and respect for individual rights.[/red] After more than two centuries of continual cultural, legal, and economic change, our unique experiment in self-government has borne successful witness to the prescient genius and timeless wisdom of our Founding Fathers. Throughout America's history, in times of turmoil and peace, liberty and oppression, our faith in the Constitution's promise of freedom and democracy has been a steadfast rock of national stability against the raging seas of political change. Today, in the face of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, we must call upon, more than ever, the Constitutional principles that make our country great.

In creating our Nation's Constitutional framework, the Convention's delegates recognized the dangers inherent in concentrating too much power in one person, branch, or institution. They wisely crafted a Government that balanced the functions and authority of a Federal system among three separate but equal branches: the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judicial. As a further check on central power, the Framers granted citizens the right to vote, giving them the power to express their political preferences peacefully and thereby to effect change in the Government.

The Convention delegates ratified the Constitution on September 17, 1787, and submitted it to the States for approval. After much deliberation and discussion at the State level, the following two concerns emerged from among those who feared the Constitution's proposed centralization of Federal power: (1) the threat of tyranny; and (2) the loss of local control. To address these fears, our Founders amended the Constitution by adding a Bill of Rights. These ten amendments provided a series of clear limits on Federal power and a litany of protective rights to citizens. This development underscored the important and enduring Constitutional principle of enumerated powers, and it set our national course on a route that would eventually enhance and expand individual rights and liberties.

Today, our Nation celebrates not only the longest-lived written Constitution in world history, but also the enduring commitment of our forebears who upheld the Constitution's core principles through the travails of American history. They pursued a more perfect Union as abolitionists, as suffragists, or as civil rights activists, successfully seeking Constitutional amendments that have strengthened the protections provided to all Americans under law. In so doing, they rendered the moral resolve of our Nation stronger and clearer.

Our Republic would surely founder but for the faith and confidence that we collectively place in our Constitution. And it could not prosper without our diligent commitment to upholding the Constitution's original words and implementing its founding principles. From the noble efforts of public servants to the civic acts of local people, our continuous Constitutional engagement has proved to be an exceptional feature of our Nation's prosperous development.

To continue this legacy, each of us must recognize that we bear a solemn responsibility to promote the ideals of freedom and opportunity throughout our land. We each should serve our Nation by actively supporting and shaping our Government's institutions, by working together to build strong communities, and by loving our neighbors. Doing this will ensure that the American dream will become real for every willing citizen; and, in fulfilling this call together, we will honor the spirit of our powerful and enduring Constitution.

The Congress, by joint resolution of February 29, 1952 (36 U.S.C. 106), designated September 17 as "Citizenship Day," and by joint resolution of August 2, 1956 (36 U.S.C. 108), requested that the President proclaim the week beginning September 17 and ending September 23 of each year as "Constitution Week."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 17, 2001, as Citizenship Day and September 17 through September 23, 2001, as Constitution Week. I encourage Federal, State, and local officials, as well as leaders of civic, social, and educational organizations, to conduct ceremonies and programs that celebrate our Constitution and reaffirm our commitment as citizens of our great Nation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this seventeenth day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-sixth.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

[Monty Python] CONSULT THE BOOK OF WORDS!
"Book of Words" Merriam-Webster

Main Entry: re·pub·lic
Pronunciation: ri-'p&-blik
Function: noun
Etymology: French république, from Middle French republique, from Latin respublica, from res thing, wealth + publica, feminine of publicus public -- more at REAL, PUBLIC
Date: 1604
1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b [red](1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law [/red](2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit
2 : a body of persons freely engaged in a specified activity
3 : a constituent political and territorial unit of the former nations of Czechoslovakia, the U.S.S.R., or Yugoslavia

Main Entry: pure democracy
Date: circa 1910
: democracy in which the power is exercised directly by the people rather than through representatives

Ok.  Now what.  Did someone sleep through that lecture in Highschool?

On Edit:
I must really be tired.  Picking a fight with Imbrog heh!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anti-American traitors!
View Quote

Imbroglio if you don't like it here why don't you [b][red]Get the fuck out![/red][/b], in the event that you stay here in the USA (if you are in the USA) you might want to try an offer a solution instead of all the tin foil anti our president bullshit you throw around all fucking day.
I along with some others  (I'm pretty sure) are sick of your anti & un-American attitude,
[size=5][red]Now would you kindly STFU![/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anti-American traitors!
View Quote

Imbroglio if you don't like it here why don't you [b][red]Get the fuck out![/red][/b], in the event that you stay here in the USA (if you are in the USA) you might want to try an offer a solution instead of all the tin foil anti our president bullshit you throw around all fucking day.
I along with some others  (I'm pretty sure) are sick of your anti & un-American attitude,
[size=5][red]Now would you kindly STFU![/red][/size=5]
View Quote

Easy there, imbrog is just the Ying to Our Yang.  Seems like we got a huge Yang and a little ying [;D].  Pay him no heed, he just likes to stir shit up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anti-American traitors!
View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=9229[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
That hurts Dubya!

[nuts]

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the Rep. plan is to kill this bill in commitee for eternity. In which it will stay untill the next Dem. control congress or President is in charge. But it wont live forever it will raise it's ugly head again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I see that jrzy has a fine grasp on the concept of "sarcasm." [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

"And to the republic for which it stands"
The united states was and is a constitutional republic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#16]
 Well, it seems that whoever wrote that speech either agreed with wussya and his daddy's NWO 'democracy' -or just didn't know any better-which is a real possibility in that crowd.
 Damn 'democracy' and the cretins who suck off the state for their 'empowerment'. We certainly don't LIVE in a Republic-hasn't existed since 1861-and we're drowning in fascist filth. Ghost
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[Monty Python] CONSULT THE BOOK OF WORDS!
"Book of Words" Merriam-Webster

Main Entry: re·pub·lic
Pronunciation: ri-'p&-blik
Etymology: French république, from Middle French republique, from Latin respublica, from res thing, wealth + publica, feminine of publicus public -- more at REAL, PUBLIC
Date: 1604
1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b [red](1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law [/red](2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit
2 : a body of persons freely engaged in a specified activity
3 : a constituent political and territorial unit of the former nations of Czechoslovakia, the U.S.S.R., or Yugoslavia

Main Entry: pure democracy
Date: circa 1910
: democracy in which the power is exercised directly by the people rather than through representatives

Ok.  Now what.  Did someone sleep through that lecture in Highschool?

On Edit:
I must really be tired.  Picking a fight with Imbrog heh!!
View Quote
[b]Far... in fact [size=5]VERY FAR,[/size=5][/b] be it for ME to defend a point made by [b]Imborglio[/b]....

Main Entry: [b]de·moc·ra·cy[/b]
1 a : government by the people; especially : [red]rule of the majority[/red] b :  a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Main Entry: [b]re·pub·lic[/b]
1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) :  a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and [red]governing according to law [/red]

[b]Notice the difference?[/b]

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]

[b]"Our [red]Republic[/red] would surely founder but for the faith and confidence that we collectively place in our Constitution. And it could not prosper without our diligent commitment to upholding the Constitution's [red]original words[/red] and implementing its founding principles."[/red]
~ [red]George W. Bush[/red], September 17, 2001.
[/b]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I swear some of you people would only be happy with anarchy.

And then you would complain because there would be no roads..no schools...no infrastructure whatsoever.

! issue voting will give us 8 more years of Clinton type WhiteHouse.

But, do what you want.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#20]
"They are discovering, as others before them, the resolve of a [b]great democracy[/b]."- GWB, September 11, 2002

"Leaders must be responsible, and in our [b]great democracy[/b], the top responsibility rests with the president of the United States."- GWB, October 26, 2000

"I came to encourage you to learn as much as you can about this [b]great democracy[/b],"- GWB, February 10, 2000

"But I go into this fabulous office [the Oval Office] -- by the way, it is just a -- it's a shrine to our [b]great democracy[/b]"- GWB, January 2002

"We must not allow such a regime [the Taliban]  to threaten our [b]great democracy[/b]."- Donald Rumsfeld

"...help bring about the changes to the practices and the institutions of our [b]great democracy[/b] that are the purpose of our campaign."- John McCain, March 9, 2000

"I would therefore like to thank you, President Bush, and thank your [b]great democracy[/b] and your great people."- Silvio Berlusconi, Prime Minister of Italy, 22 November 2002
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/bush_burns_constitution.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Amazing how many folks still get sucked into the Imbro Zone... . [:D]

cynic
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Amazing how many folks still get sucked into the Imbro Zone... . [:D]
View Quote
Yep. Nobody sucks as much as [b]Imborglio[/b]

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anti-American traitors!
View Quote

Even if it is a ploy to look good for the liberal vote, I think it was a bad idea.  The folks at DU know its a plant, at least they believe it anyway.  Since that is the case, GW's ploy wont have the desired effect.  It didnt gain votes, it, in all likelihood, caused him to lose votes.
View Quote

Don't feed the Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The reason I've lost faith in G. W. Bush is that even if a bill to renew the "Assault Weapons Ban" never makes it to his desk, his public vow to extend the ban on Assault Weapons tells the world that Assault Weapons have no place in society, and that gives credibility to the anti-gunners.

As for Imbroglio, you need to understand that 99% of what he says is sarcastic, even if it sounds like he means it.  Once you completely understand his point, you'd be surprised at how often he's right (or at least makes very valid points).  It's just that he confuses people with his sarcasm.  Imbroglio is a little asian man that looks like Charles Ng, with an incredible wit.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#26]
What is that sharp pain that I feel in my back?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Like father, like son (of a bi***).  That's why I didn't vote for him (no I didn't vote for the moron Gore either and no it wasn't a wasted vote.)  How do you gunowners who voted for him like YOUR president now?[buttkick]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Like father, like son (of a bi***).  That's why I didn't vote for him (no I didn't vote for the moron Gore either and no it wasn't a wasted vote.)
View Quote
So what did your precious vote get  you? I mean besides a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Quoted:
How do you gunowners who voted for him like YOUR president now?[buttkick]
View Quote
Much better than any other alternative. GW was the best all-around of ALL candidates running.

And since actions speak louder than words, GW hasn't taken any 'actions' towards a Bradyite gun-free utopia. In fact, he's made the case to the SCOTUS that underscores an [b]individual[/b] RKBA.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
As for Imbroglio, you need to understand that 99% of what he says is sarcastic, even if it sounds like he means it.
View Quote
Ummm... did it ever occur to you that maybe SOME of his critics are being sarcastic too?

[:\]

Only they might be even better at it than him - apparently they fooled you too.

[grenade]

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Imbro is a gay transvestite who molests little boys...

Wow! That's also sarcasm there....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top