Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 11:41:28 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how many AR type rifles were sold in say 1989 (before alot of ban hysteria) vs in say 2002. I have a feeling the real effect of the AWB was to sell more of the rifles the antis hate more then "reduce their numbers" or whatever they say. I think it would be a great comeback to the antis that think this ban is somehow "working"
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I can help with part of the question.  Average annual production for AR-15s from 1989-93 was 38,511.  In 1994, it jumped to 66,042.

Part of the 94 AWB was a requirement for a study of the ban's effects.  You can read all about it [url=http://www.urban.org/Template.cfm?NavMenuID=24&template=/TaggedContent/ViewPublication.cfm&PublicationID=6178#fig4-10]here[/url].

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top