Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 9:10:58 AM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,87503,00.html[/url]

LAS VEGAS  — Many country music fans aren't ready to forgive the Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines for comments critical of President Bush : Voters rejected the group's nominations for three Academy of Country Music Awards and the audience booed the mention of their name.

Presenter Vince Gill urged the audience at Wednesday night's show to "Stop it, stop it." He added: "You know who gets blessed when you forgive — you."

Maines has been in the country music doghouse since she told a London audience on March 10, before the start of the war in Iraq, that "we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

The night was much better for two of the academy's most successful artists. Alan Jackson  won album of the year for Drive as well as a video honor, and Brooks & Dunn were the top vocal duo. Brooks & Dunn extended their collection of ACMs to a record 17. Jackson's tally rose to 11.

Toby Keith led this year's nominations with eight and avoided a second shutout by being named entertainer of the year. By the time his name was announced, he had left the venue.

The show repeatedly saluted the armed forces. The audience erupted in cheers for three freed POWs of the Iraq war who were invited on stage — Chief Warrant Officer Ronald Young Jr., from Fort Hood, Texas; and Pvt. 1st Class Patrick Miller and Spc. Shoshana Johnson, both from Fort Bliss, Texas.

Like I've said before: they put the C*nt in country!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The Dixie Cracks were also critical of Toby Keith's song "Angry American" when it first came out. This was before the London concert flap. Poetic justice that Toby won the big one and they got booed.

The NRA had a story in the latest Rifleman about the Cracks posing nude for a PETA ad and then pulling it to avoid more controversy. These b$%#%es are hopefully washed up.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is another for the Dixie Chickens:
BOO!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually they are three guys in drag and  their original name was going to be the Chicksie Dix.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
photoshop op:
someone make a bumper sticker with

(eyeball) (valentine hart) (natalie maines) (tree) (music note)

"I love country music."

remember this one with Hillary for the picture?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I think Toby left early because fatty natalie of the dixie slits (during their concert sequence at the end of the show) wore a tee proclaiming "F.U.T.K." in big letters.

I assume that stands for f*ck you Toby Keith.

I'd be pretty pissed too.

The ending of the show was awkward because of it.

Vince mentioned the tee shirt before Toby was given the award.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Presenter Vince Gill urged the audience at Wednesday night's show to "Stop it, stop it." He added: "You know who gets blessed when you forgive — you."
View Quote

Woah, classy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]
shouldn't it be F.Y.T.K.?
She is a bitch.  TK is cool!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw them in Birmingham last friday nite.  A few observations:

- They were rolled to the stage in large equipment cases.

- Natalie had a shirt that said "Dare to be Free".  Like she is some courageous 1st amendment proponent.

- From what she said during concert it is apparent she only apologized to avoid any more negative publicity.

She made a comment about visiting the civil rights museum and that we in Birmingham know a little about freedom of speech.  She went on and on equating their situation to that of civil rights activists of the past.  That is a stretch for even a liberal.  Upon hearing Natalie's little speech my wife said "she just needs to shut the hell up!"

Thats my girl.  

Long story made short.............

They suck.

They are liberal crybabies of the worst sort.

Think they have done something noble by dogging out the American Gov't overseas.

My .02 edited to clarify .......
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
They obviously don't know how lucky they are:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=187698[/url]

Someone should e-mail this to them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
this reminds me. a few years ago a country station around here was running a contest to win dixie chicks tickets to one of their concerts. to win you had to say "dixie chicks tickets" 3 times in 2 seconds without messing up. people would start out normal then go to dix chicks & chcikens and end it with chicks with dix and chickens. noone ever won as far as I know but it was funny none the less. [lol]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top