Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 6:12:42 AM EDT
The recently released statement from Al Qaeda ranted about the war in Iraq, and encouraged muslims to attack the interests of the U.S., Great Britain, Australia and NORWAY.  

Norway?  WTF?  Since Norway didn't participate in the war against Iraq, the only explanation I can see is that the Al Qaeda guys are so dumb that they can't find Denmark or Poland on a map, and mistakenly targeted Norway.

It would be tragic if Norwegians were killed in retaliation for a war that Danmark participated in - but at the same time it's kind of funny how incompetent these terrorists are.  Here's a hint for them - next time you want to be taken seriously when you call for a global war against your enemies - invest in an atlas so you can actually get the countries right.  [rolleyes]

... gotta get back to work, but thought this was so bizarre I just had to share.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand, Norway put some of their Special Forces types on the ground in Afghanistan.  They probably fragged Bin Laden's favorite goat or something.

But to answer your original question - Yes, Al-Qaeda is really dumb.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
They also seem pretty willing to destroy targets in muslim countries, thus killing muslims and creating more opposition for themselves.

Not smart...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I happen to have found a document discussing this very thing, for your perusal:
[url]http://www.command-post.org/oped/archives/007152.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
norway provided troops for the afghan party.

a friend of mine told me that during a firefight in which the norwegians an u.s. troops engaged the taliban, a norwegian soldier stood up in the midst of flying bullets to shoot a classic offhand position and dropped a enemy rag that was in a dead run!

no wonder the islamists are pissed at norway! those guys can fight!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
evil yes. dumb? no,they only materminded and pulled off the biggest crime of the century..these guys aint stupid by any definition!.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The Norwegians also have devoted a pretty good chunk of training time to peacekeeping missions so I am sure that to Al Qaeda they are occupiers in league with the Great Satan.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From what I understand, Norway put some of their Special Forces types on the ground in Afghanistan.  They probably fragged Bin Laden's favorite goat or something.

View Quote

Both Norwegian and Danish special forces teams have been operating in Afghanistan for a while - since the beginning of hostilities I believe - a Danish jaegerkorps unit, working with U.S. units captured one of the top Taliban guys some months ago.

I just thought it was funny - Denmark sends troops to the war in Iraq, and Al Qaeda makes Norway pay for it.  Goat-humping morons.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
evil yes. dumb? no,they only materminded and pulled off the biggest crime of the century..these guys aint stupid by any definition!.
View Quote

They also thought that they would be safe in their little caves and bleed us dry if we ever thought to attack.  The wrath of the mightiest military machine on the planet showed them otherwise.

They're dumb.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they just have balls and they are willing to die for it, willing isn't the right word they want to die for it!

stupidity and courage can be real similar sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Al-Qaeda bombed BELGIAN targets in Morocco.  You know, the guys who sided with France and Germany against the war?  The country that welcomes muslim asylum seekers with open arms? Yep, they're officially on the nutcases' shit list.

Appeasement doesn't work.  All the Spanish people are hysterical, saying that they're now targeted for terrorism because they supported Bush in Iraq.  No, amigos.  You dont understand these Al-Qaeda guys.  They're crazy, what they want to achieve is impossible, but they're willing to die trying.  Don't punk out in fear and try to appease them like the French and Belgians.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, how smart can you be where your soldiers/men only live to complete one mission?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Stupid? Not more so than the average person. I do think they are incredibly single minded and of course with that comes many of their decisions which to rational people seem insane.
Not stupid, fanatical yes.
But then again aren't fanatics some of the most dangerous folk around?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#14]
We all look alike to them, what with our lack of distinctive turbans and beards.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top