Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:20:10 AM EDT
Senator George Voinovich (R-OH) just co-sponsored the protection of lawful commerce in arms act!!!!

I sent out letters!!! My MOM, dad, brother, uncles, aunts, and friends sent out letters!!!! (Of course, I emailed them to them!!!!)

Woot!!!!!!

Call Senator voinovich and THANK him! He usually rides the fence on gun issues!!!!

202 224 3353
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe it helped that I saw his kid at the class reunion last week, [red]never know[/red].
View Quote

Yep! ya never know!! ONE person in the right place at the right time, can change the course of events.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It's such a relief to know that there a still some good guys.  I'm batting .500 with SC.  One of my Senators is right on and the other is left off.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I would also follow this up by sending him a snail-mail letter via USPS because they get tons and tons of e-mail. Remember that in Congressional mail, 10 letters on any subject is considered a flood.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would also follow this up by sending him a snail-mail letter via USPS because they get tons and tons of e-mail. Remember that in Congressional mail, 10 letters on any subject is considered a flood.
View Quote

BINGO! Their emails get FLOODED with spam, as well as automatically generated emails regarding any and all legislation!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I just called and told the assistant on phone duty that "I just called to thank Senator Voinovich for co-sponsoring Senate Bill 659."  

She said "Ok, thanks!  I'll be sure he get's the message!"

"Thank you very much."
Click...

Scott
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just called and told the assistant on phone duty that "I just called to thank Senator Voinovich for co-sponsoring Senate Bill 659."  

She said "Ok, thanks!  I'll be sure he get's the message!"

"Thank you very much."
Click...

Scott
View Quote

BINGO! Program your senators and reps into your CELL PHONES, NOW!

How many minutes do you throw away per month? Put them to use, and get our reps on the "right" side!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I ALWAYS (When I call) state my name, and that I am a RESIDENT of the great state of Ohio!

This way, they know that I am a constituent of theirs, and they pay more attention...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#10]
did voiny veto a ccw while he was governor awhil back?

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top