User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:12:12 PM EDT
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=4588&page=1[/url]

In the Handgun Section.

AdTechArms
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I read the thread and agree that your reaction seems out of proportion to the problems you cite, and that you are short on putting yourself in the other guy's shoes.

The printer story sounds believable though you wound think they would have just reprinted the whole batch of orders.  Probably they didn't realize that it was more than one order that got fouled up, or somebody didn't investigate thoroughly enough at the time.

I don't like hearing one story before the order, then another one while waiting for delivery, either.  You had every right to  get P.O.'d, but is it really very likely that the problem with quoting the incorrect delivery time actually  has some impact on the reliability of their pistols?

Their reputation for quality is pretty damn good as far as I know, so I don't think the "how can I trust my life to you" argument really does anything for you.   Enough to say that you'e mighty P.O.'d at the way they screwed up on you, and leave it at that.

They did you wrong twice and seemed to be willing to make some concessions to you, but you have pretty well slammed the door on them, and leave them without any way to make it right.

Next time hang in there a bit more with the vendor and give them a little more slack, you'll probably be happier with the outcome.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading that whole thread, I still REALLY want a CQB.

Sounds like they tried to make it right. Besides, your comments about the supposed honesty of the company reflecting on the potential reliability of their firearms is nuts. I never heard anyone EVER complain about the quality or reliability of a WC piece.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you hate your CQB so much, send it to me.
I'll be generous and pay the shipping and FFL transfer fee for you, since the weapon is so "unreliable" and not worht actually paying what you are gonna ask for it.

I will probably look good next to my CQB w/o the light rail.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After reading that whole thread, I still REALLY want a CQB.
View Quote

Me too! I got to play with a Wilson at the store, and man, let me say, those are some nice guns. It's almost as if the hammer falls when you just think about it! I like my Springfield XD, but those things are almost just like a completely different experience.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You probably sued your mother for breach of promise when she finally told you that there was no Santa Claus, didn't you?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Did Wilson Combat [b]KNOWLING[/b] mislead you as to what you were getting for your money or provide you an inferior product and refuse a)make it right or b) refund your money?

No.  And thats what makes a bad company.

Welcome to the world of custom ordered guns.  Ive never had one show up on time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
if they didnt knowingly mislead him, it'd mean they werent liars. they were just stupid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Wilson has been way over rated for years, IMO when you buy a product from them you are dumping money down the drain, much better products out there for the price they charge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I can understand how you could and would be frustrated.  However, keep the gun.  Keep working with WC.  Make phone calls, not just send E-mails.  If it is satisfaction you want then do not give up.  Make them keep their promise of customer service.  Typically I am the one that whatever can go wrong does.  I'm glad to know that I am not the only one.

I was the one that had an[b]Olympic Arms Plinker{b} that the barrel broke off the upper reciever[b]. Pics were posted here.

Let me tell you [b] Olympic Arms has the best customer service [b]I have ever experienced.  They not only replaced my cast recievers upper and lower but made my plinker into a M4CAR.  My lower has the original serial # as my plinker.  It now has [b]Forged recievers [b] and just like any M4 you would buy off the shelf.  They sent me emails, and made phone calls to me on three occasions to advise me of the status of my weapon every step of the manufacturying process.  Even telling me when my recievers where sent to a vendor for anodizing.  Two of the phone calls were to make absoulutly sure they built my M4 the way I wanted it. All of this was done in [b]six weeks[b] as promised. Of course I paid $200 differance for the M4 but I was glad to.  They only were obligated to replace my cast recievers with cast recievers and only the upper for that matter.  However they built me and entirely new weapon using the original serial # so they could ship it directly back to my house. Some, maybe most may say that Olympic does not make good ARs.  I firmly believe that my M4 can shoot better than I can or anyone else shooting it.  It may not have the best fit and finish some of that is due to low production numbers and the size of the company.  It is the same small company that provided me with outstanding customer service. I will not hesitate to buy another Olympic product.  

I can see how you would be angry, as I was when the damn barrel broke off in my hand on my weapon.  Talk about not trusting a weapon any more.  Just remember your issue is with people not the weapon.  It is still a fine weapon.  

My experience with [b] Taurus [b] was vastly different.  No one ever returned my phone calls when I had to send my weapon in for warranty work because the plastic trigger broke. This is a design flaw that I cannot trust my life to.  As a result I traded it in on a Kimber Pro Carry.  Your gun still can be trusted.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for reposting this over here in GD. I rarely check the handgun forum and this reminds me that I need a couple more Wilson 8's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wilson has been way over rated for years, IMO when you buy a product from them you are dumping money down the drain, much better products out there for the price they charge.
View Quote

I completely agree.  Yeares ago I bought some of their fancy .45 mags, and some upgrade type parts for a Colt govt model.  The mainspring housing was so undersized it left a huge gap on the side of the frame; The feedlips on the mags cracked after 8-10 uses and the ambi safety was so unfinished it was little better than a raw forging (actually, I seem to recall that it was a cast piece). I have never spent another dollar with them. [;D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top