Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 11:42:40 AM EDT
To me they are worthless. I always carry where legal, and am always on alert.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they are very effective.  Most sheeple could give a damn what level we're on or will be. Problem with it is that people will and are loosing interest.  The threat level has changed enough times to make most people start to go to sleep.  It's the old never cry wolf scenario.  After enough raises to a high or severe level of threat without any actual attacks, and I think that people will quit paying attention to it (they probably already have).

My gear and myself are good to go at all times.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
its a tough situation the govt. is in, pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I think it has a negative impact on the economy. The airlines in particular get slammed, especially before a upcoming holidays like this weekend. All the "evil doers" have to do is rev up the "chatter" and it costs the economy billions. My IRA has reallt gotten slammed since May of 2000, and this stuff makes it worse. I do think warning should go out to law enforcement, but I really wonder if they do anything different except in high risk areas like New York and DC. Frankly, I wish they would drop the whole warning thing except for those in the position to do anythoing about it, and tell us "regular folks" to always be prepared, whether from a mugger or a terrorists. A national Must Issue CCW would be first on my list.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually, I think it has a negative impact on the economy. The airlines in particular get slammed, especially before a upcoming holidays like this weekend. All the "evil doers" have to do is rev up the "chatter" and it costs the economy billions. My IRA has reallt gotten slammed since May of 2000, and this stuff makes it worse. I do think warning should go out to law enforcement, but I really wonder if they do anything different except in high risk areas like New York and DC. Frankly, I wish they would drop the whole warning thing except for those in the position to do anythoing about it, and tell us "regular folks" to always be prepared, whether from a mugger or a terrorists. A national Must Issue CCW would be first on my list.
View Quote

az_larry for President!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top