Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 8:53:24 AM EDT
Is it a portion of socal security?

Just trying to figure out how it works...

Is "FUTA" part of FICA???  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Your employer pays a sum each month into Unemployment insurance. It is administered by the state, hence the difference in maximum amount of benefits by state.

The Fed gov, has several times set up a fund to extend benefits beyond the 26 weeks you get when you are on UI.

It is not FICA or SS

It is taxable.

dave
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
In this state, it shows-up as SCESC, South Carolina Employment Security Commission.  On our company's checks, we display it, but it isn't subtracted from the employee's pay.  It's just about useless if you are a skilled worker, and I've never heard of someone with more job skills than a janitor successfully collecting more than a week or so of payments from them.  When my last employer went out of business, I only collected one week's worth, because I wouldn't accept the minimum wage (was actually even a little lower than minimum since you had to pay uniforms and locker fees) job they thought I was "perfect" for.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top