Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2001 11:18:40 AM EDT
It may be a kind of scary phrase for many
people out there because of all the crazies that have come out of the woodworks.  But the truth is that God supports your right to keep and bare arms.  God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  But there is another God that is evil and destructive and it is a spiritual competition and "warfare" in this world.  The God of goodness and light would have you protect yourself and your loved ones from any type of threat and harm.  The God of darkness would have you destroyed.  In the book of Nehimiah in the bible,  The people were working to rebuild the walls that protected them from the enemy.  The man of God told them to protect your homes, your families, your wives and your sons and daughters.  Each person working had a shovel in one hand, and a spear or sword in the other.  In our day that spear or sword would be a ar-15 or ak.  The God of light loves you and would have you protect youself, and if you have to kill someone because it's a last resort then God backs you up.  Then what about the commandment "Thou shall not kill."?  This word kill in the Aramaic is the word murder.  Pretty neat huh?  The translation should actually read thou shalt not murder.  There is a big difference between the word murder and kill.  Not everone that says they teach about God is actually giving out the right scoop.  Just remember that God must be pretty smart to have created the heavens and the earth.  So everything about God has got to make sense.  And one thing that makes sense is that God would have all resposible sane and good people own guns to protect themselves and their families.  Because there is evil and evil people in this would would thing nothing of hurting or killing you and your family.  In the bible the men of God killed the people that tried to harm them or their families.  David slew Goliath.  Note that he used one of the first forms flying projectiles.  All those people that say that God says that guns are evil have had wrong teaching.  The evil lies in the heart of a person who does not care if he hurts or kills someone.  We all know there are badguys out there.   The only reason that this wounderful nation of ours is free and strong today is because there were always mne and women who believed God, and that God would pull them through whatever situation they were in.  Our founding fathers must have and did believe God to overcome the British armies.  A bunch of farmers printers and clerks, overcoming the british elite tactical force,  It had to be God.  All of the wars, famines, disease, hurricanes, floods etc. are from the God of darkness, Lucifer the fallen angel.  But the God of light and in him is no darkness at all, the God and Father of my lord and savior Jesus Christ will help us and protect us from these things If we learn of his promises and how to believe them. The dark spiritual influences in this world would have the lawmakers take away our guns.  In Every major conflict we have had we came out on top because some or someone believed God.  To all of us riflemen and handgunners, the situation looks more and more bleak for our right to keep and bear arms.  The only way we can keep our rights is stay active in gun legislation and learn God's promises and believe God for the protection of our gun rights.  Remeber the man of God Nehemiah said , protect your homes, your women, your families and your sons and daughters.      

Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
"He who hath no sword. let him sell his cloak and buy one." -Jesus
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey gunlover you might be opening a can of worms with this thread. I was taking part of the thread jesus lives. lesus lives and it is 5 pages and flamming.

Many people don't believe like you. I do I am a christian and agree 100%. God is a great god and I believe Gun control is spiritual. I also think it is a spirit that has been sent out from the pit of hell to make way for anti christ. I have said for a long time that if you want to see how long it will be till anti christ arrives just watch the issue of gun control.

We as Americans are one of the few countries left to have privately owned arms. Even restrictive state like NY,NJ, cali and others are still more free then other countries.

The time is coming. The end is very close. I hear people say well I will fight to keep our rights. Nice thought but nobody is fighting in cali when they confiscated their SKS's.I think NJ had to hand in some stuff. NYC had to hand in stuff. It is not going to happen. This time it is ment for us to be disarmed. So anti christ can fulfill Gods plan.

I believe the true christian will be out of here when total disarmament takes place. Gunlover I think you know exactly what I am referring to. For the rest of you I will say it. RAPTURE supernatural  removal of all believers in the lord Jesus Christ. From that point on anti christ is in control(world dictator) for 7 years. If you are left on this earth,well good luck glad I am not going to be here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a link to some dialogue on this subject:

[url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=81[/url]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you read the Constitution what it really says is these are God given rights.Enaliable,ones that man or goverment cannot take away from you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm

My only god is my gun...or should I say are my guns...

The Lord of the Rings is my bible..

My gun club is my church..

Suffer!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't there a song with lyrics that go:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun control is the work of Satan.  Just look at the characters of those who push for gun control.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Gunlover and Lougotzz:

I agree completely with you guys.

Nothing more than a paving of the way for that which is to come.  Glad were gonna be gone.  Hope someone puts my stuff to good use cause they're gonna need it.

Anyone who argues that God and Guns don't mix is an idiot in my opinion.

There is most certainly a time to beat your plowshares into swords.

Until then........Peace.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Stormbringer,

I have to say one thing you are eloquint but my God is Jesus. When he walked this earth he was 100% God and Man at the same time. Let your AR try that one.

And my gun is my gun. God first guns second.That is why the founding fathers won the revolution for that reason and that reason alone.

x-kill and all the other christians I don't know about you but I am very excited about our new home. When the trumpet sounds I want nothing of this world I am just looking forward to that day. God bless you all!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

x-kill and all the other christians I don't know about you but I am very excited about our new home. When the trumpet sounds I want nothing of this world I am just looking forward to that day. God bless you all!
View Quote

Maybe I am a bit too attached to this world.  Not the world per say, I just would like to live my life and to grow old.  I want to see my kids grow up.  I want to get old.  I am selfish I suppose.

I know there is a much better place.  I know that when that day comes, and [b]no[/b], I don't think it'll be long, that I will go to be with the Lord.

Heck, I have had dreams about that.  So real or should I say surreal.  Weird but I have dreamed about that several times in the last 15 years.  In those dreams though at the point of the realization of what is occurring, this world means nothing to me.  I only have my eyes on one thing and the world slips into a fading, misty memory that rapidly becomes of so little importance that it is not even acknowledged.

I know who and what I am.  

Until then.........
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
People get real wierd on this subject--I had one lady in my face ask "How can you be a christian and work as a cop--knowing how cops mess up peoples lives and even kill them"..  You can't talk to anybody like that--dumb sheep.
Well, I'm not every cop--I'm a minister first and then an enforcer of God's earthly justice 2d(Romans 13).  I was coming out of the rest room at a local greasy spoon and this lady says.."I never thought about a cop having to use the bathroom".  We are living in a world of dumb defenseless sheep--nothing will ever happen to them and if so, the government will take care of it!!!  slap-rack-bang
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Death by ar15 that was the first verse I thought of after reading the thread. Also when the soilders came to take Jesus in the garden 1 of the disciples(can't remember which one) took his sword and cot off one of the soilders ears. So odds are that disciple carried his sword most of the time. In the Old Testament you can read alot of intersting stuff, some is pretty wild, like when the children of Isreal were to to kill everyone and everything in some of the cities. Lets not forget about Sampson, he was one tough dude. I know the Bible is hard to understand but it has some great stuff in it if people would just take the time to study it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#14]
..zzz...[|)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe this is one of the best examples in the Bible.  Christ is literaly telling his deciples to purchase arms to defend themselves.  This "sword" isn't a spiritual one, but a literal one.  Christ knew that It's difficult to persecute or murder one who is armed.
Gunlover, your words are very correct, but I have one correction for you.  Satan is not a God.  He is not on the same "equal opposite" level with God.  Satan is a created being, an angel that went crazy.  
Our rights to keep arms will diminish because we do not keep Gods laws!  Loss of that freedom is not the only consequence though, it is only a symptom of the greater causes for not keeping Gods laws.

Say, or flame how you will, but prosperity was promised to those nations who kept God's laws and followed his statutes. We as a nation do not keep Gods laws!

Hows our world? You do the math.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#16]
A priest was delivering a sermon entitled "Stand Still and let the good Lord Fight your battles", on the topic of not fighting but letting God vanquish evil himself. As he was delivering the sermon, a gust of wind lifted his garment and the congregation noticed he was carrying a gun.

After the service a congregant asked him, "I understood your sermon, but aren't you contradicting yourself by carrying a gun? You did say you are supposed to let the Lord fight your battles for you?"

"I did say that, yes," said the priest. "The gun is just to hold them off until the Lord gets here".

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want
you to share yours with them.

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I remember when the Siege at Mt. Carmel (Waco) was happening, someone on the tube complained about all these religious nuts with guns.

I believe it was P.J.O'Rourke who responded:

[size=4]Hell, Our Country was founded by Relgious Nuts with Guns![/size=4]

For more pithy comments from the fellow who brought you [u]Parliament of Whores[/u] go to:

[url]http://www.freespeech.org/cbobjectivism/orourkequotes.h...[/url]

or to his official website:

[url]http://www.pjorourke.com/index2.html[/url]

Eric The(Fundamentalist)Hun

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:
Quoted:
View Quote

Gunlover, your words are very correct, but I have one correction for you.  Satan is not a God.  He is not on the same "equal opposite" level with God.  Satan is a created being, an angel that went crazy.  
Our rights to keep arms will diminish because we do not keep Gods laws!  Loss of that freedom is not the only consequence though, it is only a symptom of the greater causes for not keeping Gods laws.

Say, or flame how you will, but prosperity was promised to those nations who kept God's laws and followed his statutes. We as a nation do not keep Gods laws!

Hows our world? You do the math.
View Quote

I have to agree with you on that but the anti christ thing also is an issue for satan. Satan is the god of this world. Has influence and furthers his cause. All in gods plan mind you. Satan is not equal to God/Jesus but he is a god to the no believer. When Jesus was tempted by satan, satan said if you pay me homage(worship me) you can have all this cause it was given to me and I can give it to anyone I wish. Jesus didn't argue that fact with satan. He is the god of this world. Jesus was 100% man and god at the same time. That is why he was able to be tempted but also able to live a sinless life. That is also why it was a virgin birth so the sin of adam was not passed down to Jesus.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, A "God" to the unlearned and decieved(2Thess 2:9-12), and it seems gunlover is not totally decieved. My point was to show how most people think of satan as some kind of equal opposite, like ying and yang. Satan loves for people to believe that.  Gunlover knows who satan is, so I hope that he uses his terminology better next time.  :)

Me personaly, I'll never quote satan as any kind of God.  He's just satan, lucifer, a created being that went nutz!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
You are 100% right. I agree. And people like to make him out to be gods equal and he is not. He also wants people to believe that.

He is actually limited in many areas of spirituality. He is not omnimpotent, he is not omnipresent, he can't reproduce,he is under gods power and has to consult god in his acts(like in the book of Job),his plan and distruction has to be on gods timetable so he is limited in many ways. More powerful then a human but god put his holy spirit in the believer and we have angeles to prtect us. Most of all Jesus will never leave us or forsake us!!! Greater is he who lives in us then he that is in the world.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I forgot 1 thing he can't be redeemed!!! We can!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No Sir,
That very famous quote came from WWII. I was born in 1950 and grew up with that legacy.
As I recall a chaplin aboard a Navy ship that was in combat and under fire uttered that line. I believe there was a human chain passing ammo to the guns to keep them firing to defend the ship.

Aramlite Fan is right on the money with his post. The Bill of Rights and Constitution are quite clear as to our "Natural" rights coming from the "Creator" (AKA God). There are no rights given by either document.
Do no forget the ancient Israelites were some fearsome warriors.

Yes God directed some of the cities and inhabitants completely destroyed. Apparently He knew if they were to live that some time down the road there would be more conflict with the Israelites.

For you sometimes Bible readers look up the name Gath, as in the village or city of Gath. That was one of the cities that the Israelites were supposed to destroy.

Weellll, they got busy, it seems, and forgot to do it. Several hundred years later a really big boy cowed down the entire army of Israel - Golaith, and his 3 or 4 brothers and father. They were all giants, literally. They were from Gath.

Lesson for the day - face and eliminate a problem today as opposed to letting it go and having it bite you in the butt later on.      
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

'nuff said.Amen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#24]
god is pro gun and he carries a 1911,

i give prasie to my lord "john moses browning"

the 1911 is the truth the light and the way

- amen  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I think God and guns are the PERFECT combination.

God is there to fight the evil I cannot see.

Guns are there to fight the evil I CAN see. And when it comes to THAT kind of evil, God DOES help those who help themselves.

Can I get an "Amen" here????!?!??!!? [:D]

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Reading the posts on this thread is alot more interesting and exciting than some of the other garbage and pics I have read posted here. The hatred and I know everything you know nothing attitude gets depressing. People are sadly destroying this country with the I care only about myself attitude. The quest for more money has ruined so many. Many feel that if you screw a friend on a business deal it has nothing to do with friendship because it was business so anything and everything is fair in business. So sad as friends to me are more important than money. Remember you need 6 unless you are creamated. Good day to all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I think many people are missing the point on these religion topics that have been posted lately. The Bill of rights have been written with the notion that these are god given rights. Given to men and women from God. The founding fathers wanted a Nation that akowledged these rights and where they came from. Now in a society that wants to wipe God out of existance how can we have God given rights? Then you see the bill of rights being trampled. It is happening now. So to all the athiests that want proof of God. Her you go. You got it in the opposite way. When the neglect of God occures you can't have a God given right. This nation is a result of wanting to follow god instead of a dictator. Now in this present day you have the opposite. People don't want to follow God and you have a nation in distress and falling and loosing its rights that god once gave you!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Go check out http://gulagamerika.homestead.com/index.html
Hope i got it right i am on my 2nd beer.

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Here we go again.  I have absolutely no problem with the religious having guns and believing fervently in God.  Hey, if you're right, when Rapture comes can I have your guns?  You won't be needing them.

As to our Founding Fathers, I find it enlightening that the Declaration of Independence states that we are endowed by "our Creator with certain unalienable rights".  Note it does not say "God" or "Jesus", simply "our Creator".  I think that was intentional.  Note also that the First Amendment prohibits Congress from establishing a religion, or in interfering in the free exercise of religion.  Yes, the vast majority of the population of Colonial America was Christian of some form or other, but I truly believe that the Founding Fathers also intended to protect those who were [b][i]not[/i][/b] believers in the Judeo-Christian faith.  

Just remember, if the SHTF, many of us who [i]don't[/i] believe are good guys too.  If there's a heaven, we just aren't going there with you.  We're cool with that.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#30]
kBaker,

you can have all of them. You will need them if you are here. But I don't disagree at all with what you said in your post. You are absolutly 100% correct. You wont hear different from me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No Sir,
That very famous quote came from WWII.
View Quote

Well, it might have been a quote first (and probably was), but it was definitely a song as of 1942.  Kay Kyser ("with Glee Club" as the backup band, apparently) recorded it with Columbia Records, label and ID "Columbia 36640", on the charts for 14 weeks with a peak position of #1.

See:
[url]http://www.kaykyser.net/[/url]
and click on the "Hit Songs" link.  It's about 3/4 of the way down the second scanned page, in boldface.

Personally, I find the lyrics fairly dull and the song monotonous, but I suppose in wartime, people thought it was a hoot. . . . [sleep]

Amazing what a little Google search will turn up.  BTW, it's been released on CD along with some other old swing tunes.  Amazon shows it on Disc 2 of the following set:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003W0XT/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Well, it might have been a quote first (and probably was), but it was definitely a song as of 1942.  Kay Kyser ("with Glee Club" as the backup band, apparently) recorded it with Columbia Records, label and ID "Columbia 36640", on the charts for 14 weeks with a peak position of #1.
View Quote

I stand corrected!

[blue]Blue207[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#33]
 To garandman:  AMEN!!!  see Luke ch. 22.  Our Father gave us the means to defend ourselves from evil, both physical and spiritual.  Has ANYONE ever told you to sell your winter coat and buy a weapon with it?  The only King I recognized has said exactly that.  "Defending the innocent is the work of the Lord......."  Enough said.  God Bless this Republic!
             Death to the New World Order!
             We shall prevail!
 Remember that the ultimate end of a Godless society is tyranny.     [grenade]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#34]
http://gulagamerika.homestead.com/Silentrun.html
Here is a real song.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#35]
As a fellow Christian all i can say is Amen. Knowing there ae others out there that are pro-gun and pro-Christ is very heart warming....

God Bless you all

Cris
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
kBaker,

you can have all of them. You will need them if you are here. But I don't disagree at all with what you said in your post. You are absolutly 100% correct. You wont hear different from me.
View Quote

[b]Terriffic![/b] Where do you live (so I know where to pick them up)?  

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#37]
TESTIFY!!!
Read Luke 22:36-38
Bossman
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[[b]Terriffic![/b] Where do you live (so I know where to pick them up)?  

You don't understand. You will be lucky if you can get down the block never mind to another state. When rapture happens if a christian is driving a car,the car is going to continue to go and crash,if a christian is flying a plane the plane will be without a pilot like the car and crash. So think of how many cars,trains,boats,planes,bicycles will be crashing. What about people in the stores,markets,banks and everywhere else and then they are gone. We are talking havic.Total kaos. There will be husbands looking for their wives and kids,wives looking for their husbands and so on.Then the looting will start cause of the situation. The world is going to be upside down inside out. Police and emergency workers will have an overload of calls. Nothing like this world has ever seen. The world will want an answer.
Then the anti christ will come in with all the answers. Probably say it was an alien obduction and we must all put our resources together to protect us. Full blown 1 world government. He will be the leader. US and other countries will implement martial law. This will all happen in a matter of 24 to 48 hours. There is nothing anyone can do. He will then start his reign with world power and impliment the number system. Can't buy or sell without his number on your forhead or hand. Total control. So all the guys with the SHTF talk give it up it aint going to happen. You will be squashed in a matter of days. It is easier to LOVE JESUS and be saved!!!!

I wish this was a story and I wish if it was I made it up cause it would make a great movie/book and I would be rich. BUT IT IS NOT. It is right out of the bible. This is what this world is going to see cause they turned their backs on God. I will say it again no one has to believe in this. You can believe in anything you want. I respect all of you. God bless,health and happiness to all!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#39]
AMEN BROTHER! AMEN
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I believe in guns and Gandalf...does that count??

The Lord of the Rings is my favorite book, and soon to be movie!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top