Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 11:49:31 PM EDT
Are Trinity and Morpheos still in the matrix and only think they got out? The reason I ask is Neo seems to have "powers" in the real world, that he is only supposed to have in the matrix. (Stopping the sentinals in the end like he stops bullets when plugged into the Matrix.)

Can anyone explain it to me?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think that they were ever really "out" as they talk about this being the 6th time that Zion has fallen.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard talk about them not really being out of the Matrix. I took that scene outside the matrix as Neo really being just the ONE. Although can someone refresh my memory, did Zion actually fall and everyone die or did the humans actually resist the attack?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Zion hasnt fallen yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking that it was just a well timed EMP from the ship that picked them up a few moments later.  No powers in the real world, for mister Neo.  They're gonna beat the "is this real or the matrix?" shtick into the ground by the end of the third movie.

But the movie was rather dumb, I thought... instead of being well scripted and thought provoking like the first one, this was full of babble and melodrama.  Like, WTF was the point of the psudo-french guy who was holding the keymaker?  20 minutes of rhetoric that meant nothing to the story, plot or character development... I think it was simply a way to introduce the freeway battle and the freaky albino twins.  And no backplot on the asshole that was self-mutilating himself in Zion, the alluded to traitor?  What was his deal?

I don't know.. I was expecting better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Explain it...nope...you'll have to wait till November for that.

Opinions, however.....

My thought is that no. They are not in the Matrix. If you follow the convo with the Architect...you find that 'the One' begins as someone who for some reason cannot assimilate into the Matrix. Their perceptions do not allow them to accept it, and they are able to move beyond it and see the truth, and thus manipulate it. The whole you find out that this whole sad affair is due to one simple thing. All six of the previous persons to be 'the One', failed to fulfil the prophecy.

This whole conflict seems to be a development by the Architect and the Oracle as a means of dealing with 'the One'. The whole...'bargain' if you will, of the two doors, is the way they control 'the One' and thus control humanity. It plays into the very nature of 'the One' by using it to keep humanity in slavery. What Neo did was make the wrong choice that was actually the right choice. Had he walked through the other door, it would have kept humanity under the yoke of the Matrix. Now that he's made the other choice, humanity has the chance to be free.

As to how Neo did what he did.....I'm wondering if it's so far of a fetch that either:
A) part of his 'soul' still resides in the matrix...it maintains a connection to the Matrix and thus can 'enact his will' on it.
B) perhaps he is some way able to utilize his own energy to power his implant, and thus project through there....hey...if we have human batteries, why not a human cell phone?

Of course, this could all be just some idiotic scheme by the matrix to make the people think they've won, so they return to a new form of the matrix, and therefore slavery. If they do that, though, I'm taking my Matrix DVD and putting it on the 'range target' pile.

And no backplot on the asshole that was self-mutilating himself in Zion, the alluded to traitor? What was his deal?
View Quote

POTENTIAL SPOILER
Remember the scene where the two Zion soldiers are in the Matrix, but about to leave with a message from the Oracle? Remember when Agent Smith caught one of them and did his presto-changeo routine on him? Remember when said Agent Smith clone put the phone to his ear and actually exited the Matrix? There's your backstory. That dude's Matrix self got 'overwritten' by Agent Smith and thus the 'traitor' is actually Agent Smith acting in the human world.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
When I go to a fucking movie I expect to see a full movie, complete, not a giant advertisement for the next sequel, matrix sucks and so do the people who made it. That is why you have all those questions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I go to a fucking movie I expect to see a full movie, complete, not a giant advertisement for the next sequel, matrix sucks and so do the people who made it. That is why you have all those questions.
View Quote

Erm, it was said a couple of years back that there would be two movies out this year.  If you expected to 'complete' movies, you were mistaken.  I fully expected this one to be, as you put it, 'a giant advertisement' for the next movie.  IT was fairly obvious when they went into production that this would be a two-part movie, not two different movies.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If you haven't seen the movie, read no further.

Those sentinels were Agent Smiths.  He has found a way to take over other systems, including human ones.  It's just file replication with the deletion of the original host.  That is why those sentinels attacked by throwing a bomb at the ship instead of trying to tear it to pieces.

They even mentioned near the end that the ones that Neo stopped after their ship was blown up, were not directly linked to the core.  Neo also said he could feel something, much like what Smith said to Neo right before their big fight scene.  

I liked the movie.  It was a continuation of the Gnostic theology theme from the first movie.  They also had the Greek mythos tie in.  I expected that this movie would be Neo kicking some butt.  I also liked the homage to the Christopher Reeve Superman.

Also remember that up to this point here was Neo, the most powerful person in the Matrix and he had no idea what to do with it.  Now he has a purpose and then got to choose his own destiny at the end.  Smith seemingly has changed this encounter with The One by becoming somewhat self aware, but sticking to his last orders (kill The One) and thus, not having the choice of determining his own destiny (or choosing not to choose, which is that a choice?).

If you know someone that has the game Enter the Matrix, watch them play it.  From what I understand some of the scenes relate to the movie, like the attack on Zion.  Also check out the Animatrix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top