Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 9:12:56 PM EDT
How many of you here get a symptom and just dwell on it thinking the worst? Like a headache that lasts for days? you think BRAIN TUMOR.

Pain in the chest? HEART PROBLEMS

You then go on to talk about it to anyone that will listen and MAYBE give you that glimmer of hope that it is nothing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
no but i constantly worry about little things. I can't accept anything good and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
"I smell burning feathers, do you smell burning feathers?"
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
no but i constantly worry about little things. I can't accept anything good and enjoy it.
View Quote

You and I were separated at birth. I am the EXACT same way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Well no not really, but now that you mention it I worry I maight scratch my oven all the time. Damn you DrFrige [stick]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to worry about all kinds of little crap all the time until about 3 years ago. Then a little switch went off in my head. I can't exactly explain it. But I can best interpret it as not really caring about much except what is important, and taking a certain blind faith in everything I do. It has seemed to work out pretty well, and I feel better than I did before I hardly worry about anything anymore. Forrest feels better about everyday life. I have had a lot more fun since. I am living life to the max! Yay!

(On a sidenote, I am not crazy. I am good people.)
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well no not really, but now that you mention it I worry I maight scratch my oven all the time. Damn you DrFrige [stick]
View Quote

LOL!!!! Use sandpaper!

NO NO NO!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew someone like that once.

They stopped when I stopped listening to them

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I don't know what it is, and it really bugs Mrs Piccolo, but to me life is pretty simple: If you can't eat it, drink it, fu(k it or spend it, it ain't worth worrying about.

To me, worrying about anything is a waste of time. If something's wrong, DO SOMETHING about at! But for God's sake, DON'T WORRY about things. Worrying never does anything but make things worse.

Enjoy the Good while you have it.

Page 14, Article 2 Amendment 8 Paragraph 9 subsection 10-B of the gospel according to Piccolo.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't sweat the small stuff.

And in the end... It's ALL small stuff.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

What?
View Quote

She stopped worring when I stopped caring and listening.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
... What? Me worry?

[/David_Hineline]

... Seriously, I grew up in a family of hypochondriacs. I told myself [u]long ago [/u]that it wasn't for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Must be triplets...I am the same as well
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to worry about things, It gets you NO WHERE.

A little saying to live by...

DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY STUFF...you are supposed to PET THE SWEATTY STUFF.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many of you here get a symptom and just dwell on it thinking the worst? Like a headache that lasts for days? you think BRAIN TUMOR.

Pain in the chest? HEART PROBLEMS
View Quote

'Bout 6-7 years ago I woke at 1 AM to SEVERE chest pain. Lasted until 5 AM or so. Made me barf. Laid back down, and accepted death, (that's the short version).
Next day, went to the Doc. ran an ekg, it was textbook. That afternoon she called, told me lab tests were back, and for me to get my ass to hospital NOW. Apparently there are certain proteins generated by heart attack, which show in the blood.

You then go on to talk about it to anyone that will listen and MAYBE give you that glimmer of hope that it is nothing.
View Quote

I usually keep my problems to myself....After all, they're MINE!!! [;D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#16]
No, I am just the opposite when it comes to pain.  Unless it is really intense pain, after the first day I ignore it to the point of completely forgetting about it.

I learned a long time ago, unless it is something you can change, there is no point in worrying about it.  And if it is something you can change, DO something about it besides worrying.  Worrying is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#17]
For what it's worth, it sounds like an anxiety disorder.  You tell that stuff to a shrink, he'll probably tell you the same thing and give you happy pills.  

My two cents say if you smoke, quit.  If you drink too much, cut down (or quit).  Go out and get 20 minutes of cardiovascular excercise at least three days a week, and next thing you know, all those crappy thoughts go bye bye.

Seriously.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep  - worry all the time.  If there is nothing to worry about, I worry that I am missing something that needs to be worried about.  Seriously.

I tell ya - it sucks bigtime.   I know that I should not worry, I know that if it is out of your control, then don't worry and if it is, then change it.  But I still worry anyway.  My greatest wish, aside for the safety and health of my wife and kids, is that I could stop worrying and enjoy my life.  What a fucking waste to not enjoy your own life due to worry! [shakes head]

I know that it gets others down to hear about it, so I have gotten pretty good at hiding all that from others.  But still, it is awfully tiring to worry all the time.  Awfully tiring.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too, Boomholzer. I've been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder/Scrupulosity. I don't know how my fiance` puts up with it. Are you going to be at the farm this weekend? I'm open to discussion if you are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top