Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 8:38:45 PM EDT
Maybe I've been under a rock for a while, but I just got back from seeing Matrix in a pretty cool theater.  Apparently to drum up some new business some of the non-stadium theaters are trying something a little different.  This one pulled out every other row of seats and put in tables.  Not only does this give GREAT amounts of leg room, but also gives you a place for the waitress to put your food and drinks!!  Before the movie starts I placed my order and before the previews ended I had a BBQ chicken pizza and a bucket of iced beer on the table in front of me.

And on top of all that the prices were pretty reasonable.  Even with the food and beer, I still paid about what I would have for just the movie, popcorn and soda at one of the larger theaters.

This is great!!!!!   [jump][jump][jump]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
that is sweet!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been to several like that. pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in N Dallas area we have what is called the Studio Movie Grill. Theater and Dining all in one.

Bar style table. They hand you a menu as you walk in and a little device that you light up to get the wait staffs attention.

A bit distracting as they start to take and deliver orders. But very minor distraction. Very convenient and prices are reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Where have you been?  We've had them around here for at least 15 years.  It's much a much more enjoyable movie experience.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
a number of years i was at a movie theather in LA that had a bar, sure beats sneaking the brew in.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The bear tooth theater in Anchorage. Definitely a more enjoyable movie experience, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
There was one in Greensboro years ago. No food unless you count eagle snacks but the entrance was through a bar. Get your drink go watch a flick. No rows of seats just couches. I always thought it was pretty cool. They always played som shitty b movie though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Theres one in N.O. that serves beer, daquiris, and mixed drinks. Has about 10 screens too. Problem is ya gotta piss more in the middle of the movie. Now if they only had intermissions...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Seven theater pubs in the Portland, Oregon metro area, by my count.  Craft brewed beer, food, and second run, classic, and art-house movies.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#10]
That sounds f*cking awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top