Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:57:20 PM EDT
I bought a 1200' roll off a guy on Ebay and it was listed as "7 strand" paracord,now it arrives and I was cutting a piece to use and I opened it up and it only has three white strands, am I missing something or does 7 strand paracord only have three strands for some reason?
And as a matter of fact that could be dangerous to someone who supposed it could support more weight then it really could.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I am familiar with 7 stranded cord.  After cutting you can see and count 7 strands inside.

Sounds like you got something other than what was advertised.  Don't count on the strenght unless you proof load it.  

Check Mil-C-5040 if you can.  

Different types of cord in that spec.

CLASS MINIMUM    
    TEST (LBS.)

TYPE 1    100
TYPE 1-A  100
TYPE II   375  
TYPE III  550
TYPE IV   coreless  750  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top