Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:02:06 PM EDT
i'm missing in their system.sent in a set of form 1s, fingerprint cards, and a $200 money order in january. money order cashed 1/28, but still no permission slip from the feds. i call and they have no clue, no one can find me or the paperwork. i say "you know you have the $200,just let me blast off another set of forms and fingerprint cards, no big deal" , nope, no can do. they now have to "investigate" to see what happened. i'm done for now.
call me a cynic, but i just don't think i'll see this squared away for a loooooong time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
reminder: you are dealing with the government.. so don't expect too much out of them!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck!  It is IMPOSSIBLE to get an examiner to answer the phone.  They will "call you back" but never do.  I get so frustrated, I could scream.  Wish I could just get them to deal with me via e-mail.  Be easier on all concerned.

I have a can that they lost the form 4.  All they need do is make me a certified copy from the registry.  Been a year waiting on THAT!

I could go on but they no doubt read this site rather than process paperwork so I will let you figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
it's very frustrating. i get sent from a real person to an examiners' voice mail, they don't return calls, they haven't responded to e-mails. i'm seriously thinking of just going ahead and sending them a new set of everything along with a photocopy of the cashed money order to see what they do about it. i'm up to about 8 phone calls and a couple of e-mails. just today,though, they gave me the name of a specific examiner, good luck to me getting ahold of him.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Bet they would find your fingerprint card really fast if your fingerprints ever ended up at a crime scene mixed in with other prints.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bet they would find your fingerprint card really fast if your fingerprints ever ended up at a crime scene mixed in with other prints.
View Quote

Then triangulate your location with your new GPS cell phone.....

[[:)]

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Send a polite letter to the head of the National Firearms Branch explaining your situation (you can even fax it). You will get a very polite call from someone at NFA very soon thereafter. At least, that worked for me a couple of years ago when NFA lost some documents we sent them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
My C&R took 5 months with many faxes and ph calls. Their staff are not the sharpest pencils in the box. After more than 4.5 months of BS I threatened them with legal action and the lic came a week or so later.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't get me started on the licensing center!!  Took SEVEN MONTHS to get an FFL because of an individual there failing to perform - and multiple letters to my congress critter.  Errrrrr!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
well, i'll be....
i called today and asked for the examiner whos name i had been given yesterday. the guy was there and took my call on the first try. he was easy going and somewhat apologetic to me of the whole situation. he gave me the address directly to his desk. once i get my brother to fingerprint me and and he walks the forms through for the cleo sign off, the forms are going in. my fingers are crossed that this time i'll get taken care of.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude sounds like you got lucky.

With a form 3/4/5 there is a history - and you can send in copies. But on a Form 1 - It never happened except for your cashed check.

Best of luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top