Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 5:07:35 PM EDT
I found a good deal on a used Nissan Sentra GXE with 3,100 miles and in perfect condition. I am making my final decision in the morning. Just wanted to know if any of you here have had good/bad experiences with the Sentra. The normal car reviews online seem good, but you never know with those.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Sentra GXE is a nice little car.  The 2.5LE, SE-R, & Spec-V are significantly faster than the 1.8L GXE though.

Is the milage a Typo? a 2002 with 3,100 for sale?

FWIW Sentra's loose roughly HALF of their value the first years depreciation. 1 year old Spec-V are selling for 10$K So a 2002 GXE Shouldnt be much over $7K. The Nissans just dotn hold their value like the Hondas.

Before anyone accuses me of Bashing the Nissans, keep in mind I have a 2002 Nissan in my garage and a 2003 Nissan in the driveway.

be sure to check out [url]www.b15sentra.net[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the GXE. After hacking away at their price and the $200 rebate my credit union gave me it was $11,700 with a 7year/100,000 mile warranty. I managed to sneak a peak at their cost ($9980) when they left my wife and I in the office. The mileage was correct, not a typo 3,140 miles. I like the car, better than the old Chevy Corsica I have been driving.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
the dealership made about $2000 off you.

The warrenty cost about $700

Their cost is actually about $750 below what you saw in the screen. What you saw was there cost after pack.  Pack is just an artifcial additonal cost that the dealership puts on a car so they can reduce the commision they have to pay to sales.

Then they probaly got your for a $300 doc fee.  Doc fee is another profit center for a dealership.

And you bought a Sentra.  Bad move my friend.  Resell on those cars is shit.  Better than a corsica?  Yes, but that aint saying much.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The warranty was through my credit union. The dealership said they couldn't touch that price so they wouldn't even bother. The only fees I got charged for was a $250 dealer fee, and $250 tags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top