Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 3:56:23 PM EDT
I thinking of taking CCW class at F.T.A.anyone else been? If so how hard was getting approved?
The woman there said since im in san bernado its not a porblem and when she asked why am I considering a CCW, I told her I work IN the rampart area and im getting in the season where I work late and this part of town is ruff when the sun goes down. This year alone theres been a murder one block away and I was on my way to lunch when a co-worker and I saw a guy that had just got shot, I never seen so much blood it looked like the dude was wearing red pants.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
www.packing.org

And go to the Cali section. It appears that it depends on what county you live in, who you know, and what political campaigns you've donated to, but that's just what I gather from reading.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends completely on what county you live in. Forget it in LA or SF. The Sierra counties and the northern timber counties hand them out to pretty much anyone who asks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont forget the central Cali counties. Mostly conservative and really cool place to live
(No, wait, this county sux. Dont move here. ;)
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sonoma County won't even give them to jail deputies. My neighbor couldn't get one until he documented threats from a gang affiliated customer, then he left and become a sworn officer anyway.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to SB Sherrifs.  They're way of doing business for CCW is more or less shall issue.  Prove your residency (they will check) and pass the background check and you be given the go ahead to take the required classes and pay all the fees.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
SBSD is real good on issuing ccw permits.

You can call them and they'll mail an application.

It's fairly comprehensive and requires you to follow the directions very carefully.One screw-up can mess up the whole process.

When they interview you don't complain about anything or cry about your rights.It'll get you no where.

The 189.00, I think, is non-refundable if you don't get it or pass the background.

I know this all sounds like a PITA, but you should be able to get one if you follow the rules.

Edit to add: it is 212.00 total(non-refundable) plus the training class which must be taken PRIOR to filling out application.

Just looked at my applicatiuon.It is 20 pages long.

I have no idea how comprehensive others states ccw permit applications are.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Utah CCW is good in california?  I have one and I thought it was only good in AZ.

My app was 2 pages long. It just asked the standard question of residency, mental competancy and required 2 letters of recomendation. pretty easy, I had mine in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Utah CCW is god in california?  I have one and I thought it was only good in AZ.
View Quote

I don't think Ka. accepts other states ccp's.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Utah CCW is god in california?  I have one and I thought it was only good in AZ.
View Quote

kali doenst honor any other states CCW

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/utah
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Per www.packing.org, here are the states your Utah permit is valid in:

Alabama
Alaska  
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky  
Montana  
New Hampshire
Oklahoma
South Carolina  
South Dakota
Virginia
Wyoming
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
For a behind the scenes look at CA CCW policies, check out Jim March's web page at [url]http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/[/url].
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks all. Im going for it, let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top