Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 10:02:38 AM EDT
SAN JACINTO: An early-morning confrontation ends in the death of a reputed gang member.

05/18/2003

By BETTYE WELLS MILLER
THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE

A 24-year-old man was killed when residents in a San Jacinto house returned fire during a confrontation early Saturday morning, police said.

Two 24-year-old men were walking on the 600 block of South Jordan Avenue at about 4 a.m. when residents, awakened by their barking dogs, confronted the pair by a truck parked at the house, San Jacinto police Sgt. Jeff Penn said.

The two identified themselves as members of a San Jacinto gang and said the residents were in their territory, he said. They left but returned a short time later, Penn said.

"They knocked on the door, and there was another verbal confrontation," he said.

When one of the 24-year-olds punctured a tire on the truck, one of the men inside said he would call police, Penn said.

"While he was on the phone, at least two shotgun blasts were fired through the front window," the sergeant said. No one inside was hurt.

The 27-year-old son of one of the residents fired a .22-caliber rifle several times through the window in the direction of the shotgun blasts, Penn said.

Zack Holquin Jr. was struck in the head in the incident and died. Holquin, a Banning resident, was a known member of a San Jacinto gang, Penn said.

Police arrived within a minute and found Holquin's companion dragging his body away from the scene, Penn said.

Lorenzo Rivero, 24, of San Jacinto, was arrested on suspicion of provocation of homicide, Penn said.

None of the residents of the house has been arrested, he said. Police are not releasing their names.

An investigation is continuing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
If it should come to a turf war between the gang and the residents, I truly hope the residents all prove to be armed and capable marksmen, and justifably kill every last gang member who sets foot in the area.

If I ran the zoo, gangs would be one thing that I'd have zero tolerance for.  As far as I'm concerned, not even our Founding Fathers would have thought that gang members of the modern type were due any protections guaranteed to the rest of us by the Constitution and BOR.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
at least .22 rf ammunition is cheap, paul.

maybe we can chip in and buy them a brick or twelve?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the guy have a .38 as a backup, just in case???
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Uno well placed 22 LR beats a miss of any other caliber
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Once again, this goes to prove that if 10 rounds of .22lr or 5 rounds of .38 won't get the job done, then it can't be done.

You rich bastards have done nothing but throw your money away on your $2500 M4's with 20lbs of shit hanging of the handguards.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#7]
A .22 to the eye is just as affective as most any other round.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You rich bastards have done nothing but throw your money away on your $2500 M4's with 20lbs of shit hanging of the handguards.
View Quote

[size=5][green]Jealous?[/green][/size=5]

[size=6][red]2 : hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage[/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]
lol ^^^

don't sell the .22lr short.. very capable.

easier to wield than the 45/70 [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I have heard alot of stories about people killed by the 22 rifle lot faster than a pistol and real accurate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Once again, this goes to prove that if 10 rounds of .22lr or 5 rounds of .38 won't get the job done, then it can't be done.
View Quote

What if there are 16 zombies, what are you going to do about the last one?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Reminds me of the quote "Beware the man who owns only one gun, chances are he can use it well."
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the quote "Beware the man who owns only one gun, chances are he can use it well."
View Quote

I agree I look at alot of my guns as fun toys but I know people who own one pistol and thats all they practice with. Whereas I am always messing around with one thing or another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top