Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:19:59 AM EDT
A while back...somebody posted a "how to" about taking a BM post-ban 10 rd magazine apart for "cleaning". I did a search for it, but alas, was unable to find it.

It involved drilling the epoxy filled hole out and the possibility of WECSOG on the follower?

Does this ring a bell?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
1 cut it in half

2 take out follower

3 throw the rest in the trash
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me be  a little more clearer.
The post involved taking the magazine apart, but without ruining it. The ulterior motive was to take out the follwer plug, rendering it a 20 rd magazine...but I like the idea of being able to take it apart for cleaning purposes. Lord knows I would not want to do anything illegal to warrant the JBT's with a warrant.[;D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
As a [s]prisoner[/s] citizen of the fine PRNJ, I'd like to hear some more about this as well. [:)]

I'd like a way to be able to clean the mags and to be able to replace springs/followers/etc...  as they wear.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
we must be talking about different mags, i thought you were talking about the riveted 2 piece one. is there a different one now?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Superdav,

You are speaking of the "original" FRANKENMags !

YUCK ! [:D]

I had a few fall apart on me.  

The NEW Bushmaster 10rd. mags aren't bad at all!
They're also teflon coated.

We're limited to 15rd. mags here, so using the Bushy's are alot easier than "blocking" 20 and 30rd. USGI mags.  (cheaper too)  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]

We're limited to 15rd. mags here...... [:)] change to -->[:(]
View Quote

dude, you need to move

if the mag has epoxy in it some industrial brake washes will dissolve almost anything plastic, and maybe the follower. just a thought
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
OMG..  You made it across the border into FREE AMERICA?

[;)]

Arghh...  No such luck for me.   My entire family lives in this cesspool and I'm stuck here for life.  [:(]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
RBAD,

I'm stuck for at least another 5.5 years.

As to the ten (10) round mags, they are designed NOT to come apart. That was a requirement by the ATF.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
RBAD,

I'm stuck for at least another 5.5 years.

As to the ten (10) round mags, they are designed NOT to come apart. That was a requirement by the ATF.

Mike
View Quote

Someone figured out a way to take it apart w/o ruining it.

this is the magazine I am talking about.

[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/Images/8448670-10.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry. I thought you were referring to the plastic ones.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top