Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 8:29:27 PM EDT
I need a good site to download music.  WINMX, takes too long and is always busy.  I dont mind a pay site.

On another note, I downloaded some CDs to my computer but they will not download to my iPod.  Says wrong file type.  I converted from WMA to MP3 but now jukebox wont recognize the songs.  Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Kazaa Lite
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Winmx is the best one out there IF you have it configured right.

Your files are probably not being recognized due to accepted bitrate values.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I use BearShare.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
What are your WinMX settings I can offer some help here if you are a always on broadband connection.............

go to settings Queing

Max Downloads 20
Max Downloads from user 20

Max Uploads 1
Max Uploads from user 1

Auto file search 10 Minutes

Auto File Queue  50
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
iTunes is awesome, if you have access to a Mac or can wait a few months for the Windows version.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally hate Kazzaa and WinMX. My fav is Imesh. Go to imesh.com and download the client. I have always found everything ive wanted. Its free too....
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate Kazaa too.  I figured out why they call it Kazaa: It always Kazaa my computer to crash.  Plus, I can never find more obscure songs and it requires you to install spyware.  I miss Napster so much.  I'll try www.imesh.com
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I USED to love WinMX ,, but lately it seems EVERTYTHING im looking for has a LONG QUE wait.. sure its all there ...I just have to wait my turn in line..
Going to give Imesh.com a try :)

anybody else miss Napster?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Bearshare is COOL! Just search for it on Google,download the software and install. It is used by itself without your browser, and works very well!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.download.com[/url]

Search for different file sharring programs, and you'll find some of the ones mentioned here, and you can read user feedback on them too (if I remember correctly).

I use Bear Share, and have had great success.  Many of those use the same info, but are just different programs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:09:29 AM EDT
[#11]
kazaalite
or apple now has $.99 per song setup
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Another Imesh user here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top