Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 8:23:29 PM EDT
My mom does geneology and has found out of bunch of interesting stuff about her side of the family. Well her ansestors came here in the 1800's and settled down in California. I guess this would explain my love of firearms.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh sure, just rub it in why don't ya...[rolleyes]

lol j/k
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear it.
My dad is Swiss, hence I am a Swiss Citizen.
If you get a chance to travel there, it is a beautiful country.

Later,
Fidel
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
So, can you yodel?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Just kidding. Swiss heritage is something to be proud of. Plus, they're generally good-looking. (Jewel is one celebrity I know of who is of Swiss origin).
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My fiancee is Swiss. Her mom was fresh off the boat to America when her dad scooped her up.
View Quote

Same here, she has a Swiss mom and American dad.  My wife worked in Europe a couple years ago and I felt better that she could travel on her Swiss passport with all the anti-American crap going on in the world.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
sounds like a perfect reason to pick up something in 6.5 or 7.5 x 55
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
sounds like a perfect reason to pick up something in 6.5 or 7.5 x 55
View Quote

Or a Sig 550 [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe that explains some things...

I'm 1/4 Swiss on my maternal grandfather's side.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Do a deeper genealogy investigation.

You might discover you're part cheddar too!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#12]
P. J. Orourke's description of the Swiss:

[img]http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/swiss.jpg[/img]
[b][size=3] SWISS[/b][/size=3]

[b]Racial Characteristics: [/b]

Mountain Jews in whose icy clutches lay the fruits of grave misdeeds committed in every clime. Under cover of their sanctimonious Red Cross organization, they have penetrated all the governments on the planet and, concealed by a flutter of blood drives and nurses' caps, lie sucking like leeches at the marrow of the gold, chocolate, clock, and army knife industries of nations beyond number. Pathologically clean, they sterilize their children at birth, which accounts for their low rate of population growth and leaves them more room to hide heaps and piles of money in their tiny, Alp-ringed repository of snow-covered sin.

[b]Good Points:[/b]

They rarely yodel in the home.

[b]Proper Forms of Address:[/b]

Butter balls, cheese knees, big fat Swiss.

[b]An Important Question Concerning Switzerland's Economy: [/b]

What do you call a Swiss banker who likes Italian lire better than Deutsche marks?
[i]Queer. [/i]

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife's Grandfather emigrated from Switzerland with his brother. They were orphans. They of course, were cheese makers. First settling in the Wisconsin Dells then in Ohio where her Grandfather ran a popular local Cheese House in East Canton.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do a deeper genealogy investigation.

You might discover you're part cheddar too!
View Quote

Actually on my dads side they were nazi's. Well I don't know if they were nazi's but they were Germans. Not much is known about his side.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#15]
1/8 swiss here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
least your not FRENCH! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top