Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 10:45:39 AM EDT
All the bandmembers except for the psychopathic prima donna Axl Rose (Slash, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, and Izzy Stradlin) are getting together again.  They've asked Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland to do vocals.

This is really exciting, GNR was such a great band in the 1980's, and Weiland's an excellent singer, performer, and frontman.  I have a feeling this is going to be very cool, and is going to severely piss off Axl after his huge failure to start a new Guns N' Roses from scratch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This is good news.Those guys rocked!!!Too bad they self destructed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They've done a few country tunes.  But I liked their I'M-TOTALLY-PISSED-OFF-AND-I-DON'T-GIVE-A-FUCK-ABOUT-YOU-OR-ANYTHING-ELSE songs the most. I wonder if Weiland can capture the raw fury that Axl sang with.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Without Axl's voice it ain't GNR IMO.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe.  But the shit Axl put out under the name Guns N' Roses lately isn't fit to be called GNR material either.

I think Weiland will work out great.  He's got a lot of influence from 70's rock and 80's punk bands, can do the straight-ahead rock and roll thing fine and has a great voice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I am excited to see how that turns out.  Slash is great and I like Scotts vocals.  I still have appetite for destruction in my cd player.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
i hope this means Slash's Snakepit is no more. they sucked
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw STP when they came to Anchorage a few years ago and Scott Weiland can put on a show...  It will be interesting to see how this turns out.  

DG84
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I LOVE Guns and Roses; but the problem with all those guys is that if we wanted to listen to 'Appetite for Destruction', we could just listen to 'Appetite for Destruction'. There is no need to make the same album again. this is what led to the breakup and I hope they have all changed their minds.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top