Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 7:29:25 PM EDT
Went to a gun show in Asheville, NC today. A dealer there was kind enough to let me mess with his UMP .45. Didn't get to shoot it, but wow, what a cool gun. Man I wish I could get one of those legally. Personally I think every law that Regan put into effect should be void... the guy was odviously senile.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Went to a gun show in Asheville, NC today. A dealer there was kind enough to let me mess with his UMP .45. Didn't get to shoot it, but wow, what a cool gun. Man I wish I could get one of those legally. Personally I think every law that Regan put into effect should be void... the guy was odviously senile.
View Quote

You mean the FOPA should be made void? The machine gun ban was something that was snuck in at the last minute. If any president's gun laws should be made void it should be Johnson or Clinton.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, Im not looking to single anyone out here. We can void theirs too, no complaints here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to shoot a UMP 45 when we had H&K at my store 2 months ago.
What a cool gun.
Did the one you mess with have the silencer on it?
It is much cooler with the can. And quiet, too.
Rather have a UMP than an MP5!

And back when Ronnie was the President, he didn't have the line item veto, or that would have never been in the FOPA.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
WHAT? NO PICS?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No can, didn't really matter to me though, I was just happy to be able to play with it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got to shoot a UMP 45 when we had H&K at my store 2 months ago.
What a cool gun.
Did the one you mess with have the silencer on it?
It is much cooler with the can. And quiet, too.
Rather have a UMP than an MP5!
View Quote

Really?  I didn't like the thing at all myself.  Too light and a bit uncontrollable, I felt like the thing wanted to jump right out of my hands, and that was only a .40 and it had a KAC vert. grip on it.  And I thought the sights were cheap and felt as if they were placed a bit too low.  But it was cool looking, I'll give it that.

MP5 shoots like a dream, I'd never give one up for a UMP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top