User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/17/2003 1:30:19 PM EDT
By Onell R. Soto
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

May 17, 2003

VISTA – A Valley Center man accused of wringing a kitten's neck as his girlfriend watched in horror was ordered Thursday to stand trial on an animal cruelty charge.

Albert Aguire faces three years in prison if convicted in the death April 25 of Louise Jaskolka's kitten, Nick, prosecutor Katherine Flaherty said.

Jaskolka and Aguire lived in separate trailers at the Oakvale Mobile Home Park in Valley Center, Flaherty said.

Sheriff's deputy Craig Rembold testified in Superior Court Thursday that Jaskolka was holding the kitten's body in a towel when he arrived at the mobile home park about 8 p.m. that day. Jaskolka told him that she had bought the cat for $20 that day in a feed store and Aguire, while visiting her that evening, said he didn't like kittens and threatened to kill it.

She said Aguire grabbed the kitten, made a quick wringing motion as he held it, then threw the animal out the door, according to the deputy. The kitten was convulsing when she went to retrieve it. It died a few moments later.

Aguire, 53, the handyman at the complex, denied hurting the kitten, Rembold said.

"I did not know she had a kitten," the deputy said Aguire told him. "I didn't see one."

Judge Richard Mills rejected defense lawyer Solomon L. Rouston's request to release Aguire without bail and ordered Aguire held at the Vista jail in lieu of $25,000 bail.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
$25,000 bail?  For a kitten?  That's stinkin' INSANE!

Shouldn't be killing kittens that don't belong to you, but $25k?  That's nuts.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
He's crazy enought to wring the neck of a kitten so I suspect he's no Boy Scout. Let him sit in jail for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
And if the guys girlfriend would have had an abortion and killed her baby, that would be OK.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Her word against his on who killed the kitten?

...interesting.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Mr. Trailertrash probably should have been charged with domestic violence too. Killing the kitten appears to be his method of intimidating and controlling the girlfriend. I bet a 53 YO handyman in a trialer park has spent lots of prior time in the graybar hotel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet a 53 YO handyman in a trialer park has spent lots of prior time in the graybar hotel.
View Quote

shows what you know dumbass
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr. Trailertrash probably should have been charged with domestic violence too. Killing the kitten appears to be his method of intimidating and controlling the girlfriend
View Quote

Bingo!
And this is why the high bail.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Simple solution. Someone wring his neck and toss his ass outside. Problem solved, case closed.

BTW Where was and how old is sgtar15? [;D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I say burn his house down with him and his whole family inside.

[peep]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shouldnt be killing kittens at all. Ownership has nothing to do with it.

Bail IS a little high though!
View Quote

I'll give you the car-dealer special!
$24,999.99!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Sick individual I hope is ass goes to jail.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
If he'd do that to a kitten, he'd do it to a person.

Fuck this recedivistic maggot if he's found guilty. I hope he serves a NIIIIIIIIICE long term with Bubba the well hung homo rapist.

'Course he did that to one of MY cats and he'd not have to worry about a fucking trial. I might, but he wouldn't.

Bastard.

SG
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If he'd do that to a kitten, he'd do it to a person.

Fuck this recedivistic maggot if he's found guilty. I hope he serves a NIIIIIIIIICE long term with Bubba the well hung homo rapist.

[red]'Course he did that to one of MY cats and he'd not have to worry about a fucking trial. I might, but he wouldn't.

Bastard.[/red]

SG
View Quote

Ditto
I agree 100% I would have liked to see him tried that with one of my cats, then again I might have had to knock the wife out of the way, she would try to shoot first over her animals.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I think some of you guys have been watching Animal Planet a bit too much.

It's a cat for God's sake.

What I have learned on AR15.com

It's OK to kill people and pit bulls but not cats.

Person=human
Cat=animal

Not difficult.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Person=human
Cat=animal

Not difficult.
View Quote

Stick around you will learn more, some people need to be killed out to better our Country, and Society.
That kitten was a helpless, defenseless little animal, give me one reason why it deserved to have it's neck broken in the manner in which it was!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, I'm convinced now!  We should put duck hunters and chicken farmers in jail too.  Duck farmers shoot defenseless ducks that don't shit in your house like a cat and chicken farmers wring their chickens neck which is inhumane!

The cat was property. This guy stole and destroyed private property and should pay, but doesn't deserve the death penalty.

It is different if it's yours and you see it. If you kill him, you'll get manslaughter instead of 2nd degree murder.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And if the guys girlfriend would have had an abortion and killed her baby, that would be OK.
View Quote
Unfuckingbelievable!  Every thread becomes a fucking abortion thread.  Give it a motherfucking rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Person=human
Cat=animal

Not difficult.
View Quote
Oh, please.  Some people are not human, they are subhuman.  I have never had a kitten try to kill me, I have had so-called humans try.  No one said it was okay to kill pit bulls, but I would if one were attacking me or anyone else.  How many people have been mauled or killed by kittens.

If it had been my kitten, he is one subhuman that would never hurt another creature of any kind.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Person=human
Cat=animal

Not difficult.
View Quote
Oh, please.  Some people are not human, they are subhuman.  I have never had a kitten try to kill me, I have had so-called humans try.  No one said it was okay to kill pit bulls, but I would if one were attacking me or anyone else.  How many people have been mauled or killed by kittens.

If it had been my kitten, he is one subhuman that would never hurt another creature of any kind.
View Quote

Excuse me but I'm new.  From your next to last post I seem to get the impression you support killing unborn human children, abortion, and killing grown humans for killing a cat.

Do you vote Democratic?

I'm outta here, you guys scare me. Animal rights and proabortion makes me think I'm at the DU.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#22]
There certainly are some sick F@cks here. Excuse me? 3 years for a $20 cat?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Person=human
Cat=animal

Not difficult.
View Quote

View Quote

Excuse me but I'm new.  From your next to last post I seem to get the impression you support killing unborn human children, abortion, and killing grown humans for killing a cat.

Do you vote Democratic?

I'm outta here, you guys scare me. Animal rights and proabortion makes me think I'm at the DU.
View Quote
Animal rights, my ass.  That kitten was not killed for food, just for pure meanness.  Yeah, I'm prochoice, but that had nothing to do with what I said.  If a topic is about abortion, fine, but this is not and some people have to throw that into every damn thread.

No, I don't vote Democrat because their social issues and gun control is not enough to vote for them even though I am pro-choice.

Yes, I would kill some asshole who was killing an animal just to be cruel.  If the son of a bitch will do that, he would do the same to a person.

Shove your DU comment straight up your fucking ass.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
First off....20 bucks for a cat? And she lives in a trailer. Who the fuck spends 20 bucks on a goddamn cat. People stand in front of supermarkets and give these damn things away.
The guy can go to jail for three years? WTF...ITS A CAT NOT A HUMAN BABY.

I'm not saying he didn't commit a cruel act but shit its a cat. The bitch is probably lying anyway.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I hardly see how killing a kitten means he would automatically do the same to a human.  Maybe he knows the difference between a human and an animal unlike too many people.  Thank you Walt Disney.

That was very cruel, but I think he owes her $20, a small fine and maybe a couple of nights in the slammer as far as the courts are concerned.  Outside of that he needs his ass kicked so hard he has to pry his butthole open just to see daylight.

The problem I see with this is the precedent it sets towards hunters.  If this continues, we will see hunters on trial for cruelty to animals.  The petahead dream.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Larry, my friend, your quote,"Yes, I would kill some asshole who was killing an animal just to be cruel. If the son of a bitch will do that, he would do the same to a person." is just the fuel the 'DU'ers need for their 'fire'. Are you one of 'those' people who should have their guns taken away? After all, you could go 'postal' on someone for killing a bug.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BTW Where was and how old is sgtar15? [;D]
View Quote

Umm, I am going to be away for a little while.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#28]
See the problem here is that a cat gives us love while an unborn baby actually hinders ones lifestyle.  That's why a cat is worth more then a baby.

Yes what the guy did is cruel, but it is still a fucking cat.  I have killed many cats myself.  I have also killed squirrels, birds, geese,ducks, and many many chickens.  Only the chickens did I eat.  So what??

However, I have never had the urge to kill a human.  Why?  Because humans have souls and animals don't.  God gave me power over animals.  Do you guys eat all the bugs and such that you kill?

Here is the real deal with abortion.  By being Pro-murder you men are freely giving up your rights to be involved in your kids life.  You are giving up your rights as a father by saying it is only the woman's choice since it is her body.

And what you are also saying is that you are unwilling to take responsiblity for your own actions, ie getting her pregnant in the first place.

Tell me; would you trust a woman, that you got pregnant, that aborts your kid but never tells you about it??  If so, would you still be surprised when she lies to you later??

Why?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Umm, I'm sure you made a mistake when you wrote:

Yes, I would kill some asshole who was killing an animal just to be cruel.
View Quote

If it wasnt a mistake you should have your gun's taken from you and be institutionalized to keep you from taking a human's life due to the intentional life he/she took of the animal.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Cats taste good.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Larry, my friend, your quote,"Yes, I would kill some asshole who was killing an animal just to be cruel. If the son of a bitch will do that, he would do the same to a person." is just the fuel the 'DU'ers need for their 'fire'.
View Quote

It's a fairly well documented fact that most serial killers' disregard for life started with animals and then spread to people when the thrill wasn't enough. If this shitbag has no more compunction than to do that to a cat, an animal that was in no way harming him without a second thought, it's no stretch for the bottom feeding son of a bitch to do it to the girlfriend or a child if they piss him off.

Are you one of 'those' people who should have their guns taken away? After all, you could go 'postal' on someone for killing a bug.
View Quote

What an asinine statement. Killing a girlfriend's cat because you're basically a rotten, worthless POS is not the same a spraying the house for roaches. Or killing a spider. It AIN'T the same as hunting and killing a damn duck or a deer. Most hunters try to get a quick, humane kill, and intend to use the game for food. And neither Larry nor me "should have their guns taken away" because we see this asshole for what he is. I'm shocked that anyone would actually [i]defend[/i] what this shitforbrains did. THAT'S what's Un-fucking-believable.

And, yes, since anyone who decided to harm one of MY cats would be in MY home (Since they are inside all the time cats) they would be subject to the reasons I choose to keep and be proficient with firearms. In other words, It'd be their ass.

Quoted:
Do you vote Democratic?

View Quote

Quoted:
Shove your DU comment straight up your fucking ass.
View Quote

Ditto.

SG

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#32]
And, yes, since anyone who decided to harm one of MY cats would be in MY home (Since they are inside all the time cats) they would be subject to the reasons I choose to keep and be proficient with firearms. In other words, It'd be their ass.
View Quote

Unfortunitly you haven't been paying attention, LarryG stated that is he SAW (meaning that if he saw them anywhere) anybody purposely kill an animal he would "kill their ass".  If someone comes into your home and tries to kill your beloved cat...shoot their sorry asses, [b]BUT[/b], when in court you had better damn well say you feared either for your life and/or the life of the others in that house or you'll be spending some quality time in prison for taking the life of someone (albeit in your house) over the loss of a cat.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
If that fcker could control his temper he wouldn't be in this mess.

FCK HIM!

And everyone know's that the handyman is always the killer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I agree with LARRYG on this one...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What an asinine statement. Killing a girlfriend's cat because you're basically a rotten, worthless POS is not the same a spraying the house for roaches. Or killing a spider. It AIN'T the same as hunting and killing a damn duck or a deer. Most hunters try to get a quick, humane kill, and intend to use the game for food. And neither Larry nor me "should have their guns taken away" because we see this asshole for what he is. I'm shocked that anyone would actually [i]defend[/i] what this shitforbrains did. THAT'S what's Un-fucking-believable.

Um, do you have a problem with basic comprehension? I did not “Defend” that A-hole, and you, sir, have reinforced my belief that anyone who would condone the taking of a human life over that of a cat/kitten is just as much of a threat as that moron that was the topic of this thread.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't that the truth.  And, given their circumstances I'd be they'd get it free (that is, paid for by others), too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#37]
omg i never knew there were so many cat lovers here. if he did kill the dumb cat he shouldn't get that big of a sentance etc, this is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:19:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah! Let's have a trial with court appointed attorneys and everything!

This has nothing to do with cat killing or abortions, it has everything to do with how moronic the state of california is. "Who gives a shit if we're $108 trillion dollars in debt and our lights keep turning off. This guy killed a cat! We must have a two week trial!"

I'm still praying for a huge earthquake daily.[%|]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#40]
big cats can be very dangerous......... but a little pussy never hurt no one
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shouldnt be killing kittens at all. Ownership has nothing to do with it.
Bail IS a little high though!
View Quote

Bail is just right. Most people that abuse animals will do as bad or worse to people.

[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/tiere/animal-smiley-027.gif[/img]
I like cats!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
....I bet a 53 YO handyman in a trialer park has spent lots of prior time in the graybar hotel.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quote,"Bail is just right. Most people that abuse animals will do as bad or worse to people."

We condem the Anti's for wanting to punish us for 'crimes' we MIGHT do with our 'evil' black rifles, yet here you are doing that very same thing.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quote,"Bail is just right. Most people that abuse animals will do as bad or worse to people."

We condem the Anti's for wanting to punish us for 'crimes' we MIGHT do with our 'evil' black rifles, yet here you are doing that very same thing.
View Quote

That is some real convoluted logic.[whacko]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's a fairly well documented fact that most serial killers' disregard for life started with animals and then spread to people when the thrill wasn't enough.
Ditto.
SG
View Quote

My thoughts exactly--I imagine the odds are slightly in favor of this POS having some bodies buried under the crawl space of his trailer.  I wonder what his lampshades are made of....
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The guy can go to jail for three years? WTF...ITS A CAT NOT A HUMAN BABY.
View Quote

I wondered about that too. Seemed a bit stiff to me at first glance. After about 3 seconds of concentration, I think I may have a couple of possible reasons why this is..

1) Because there were so many sick fucks killing animals just for the joy of it, and passing that on to their offspring, the law became needed to protect the animals from cruelty.

2)Now that serial killers have been around long enough to study. We have found that they , (many of them), had a penchant for animal torture, and killing when they were young. This history is present in other violent criminal behavior, later exhibited as adults, towards HUMANS.

And.....

I wonder what the response would be here, if this were a 3-4 month old puppy?? Hmmmmmmm??
BTW, he would face the same charges if it were a puppy. That'd be ok??[:D]

AND

Man was given "Dominion" over the earth, and it's inhabitants. That means, we are "Caretakers", NOT abusers, or wanton killers of ANY life.....[;D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The problem I see with this is the precedent it sets towards hunters.  If this continues, we will see hunters on trial for cruelty to animals.  The petahead dream.

View Quote

This has already begun, long ago. It's what is behind the Endangered Species Act, the banning of hunting dogs, and the reintroduction of wolves. Restore the natural ecology, nature keeps it's balance, and ban hunting! Of course this requires land set-asides by the FED, so that means more "Wilderness" areas, and "National Monuments". It's been going on for generations...... Wait until you see CARA in action.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top