Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
Mine wears a loop, as does my wife's (even though she has only ever used it as a hasty).
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a standard military sling on my AR.  Learned to use it at Thunder Ranch in the Urban Rifle course.

Clint says:  "A sling is to a rifle what a holster is to a pistol."  You wouldn't carry around a pistol without a holster, so you shouldn't carry around a rifle without a sling.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Giles tactical on my "business" gun. Can be used as a regular sling too without adjustment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Israeli "Sayeret" sling
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Standard military style black web sling.  I learned to use it from a Nam vet (my father) and then expanded knowledge while in the Army.  It is used for carrying and support, don't need any gimmicks that tend to cause problems in a situation.  KISS method works best.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a wilderness 1 point...is that a loop?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:12:50 AM EDT
[#7]
IDF issue slings with paracord attachment on both my ARs.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
which 'primary AR'?

the plinker? -an old leather military

The home Defense? - a regular old nylon Military

the hunting? - a 'tactical' hands free one I picked up ages ago, works well enough in the woods

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use a standard military sling on my AR....
View Quote

Me too. [Cincinnatus]Per current USMC doctrine: the hasty sling method is used in all positions/distances, except for 500yd prone slowfire, when a loop sling may be used.[/Cincinnatus]

Although, I kinda wish that Service Rifle Competition rules regarding slings didn't run contrary to my real world. Of course, I don't wear a leather shooting coat during annual qualification either!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I must say that as a former soldier (Israel) I am quite impressed and amazed that a lot of you on this site use the Israeli slings. I think you make a good choice. I always wondered how it has not been adapted in the u.s. military, for the current sling style as I have seen in pictures does have some flaws in its design. I would be curious to hear a response from any u.s. soldier(or for that matter anyone) who has used both slings and to give me his assessment and to know if I am correct in my analysis
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the standard military sling.

I've never seen the Israeli sling.  Does anyone have any pics of one they can post?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#12]
IDF sling also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top