Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 8:38:24 AM EDT
Pre Bans , Green stock AUGs at $3500, Blk stock AUGs at $4500, Galils at $3000 , etc,etc,. I know , Doctors and Lawyers putting them away as "safe queens". but all the Docs and etc. that I know are NOT buying these weapons. I keep seeing the same ones up for sell over and over again. You would think that the sellers would get tired of waiting around for some moron to cough up this kind of cash , lower the price and move their stock. Just because the guy down the street says his rock is worth XYZ$$ does not mean anyone will really pay that for it. What you'all think?? Has anyone out there really paid this kind of money for a non-NFA black rifle?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
maybe they are not interested in selling the item... most likely waiting for that one sucker who'll pay their price.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
yup, i'm guilty.

$3600 for a mint HK94 A3
$2500 for a in the box HK91

it's a sickness really.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Cleaner , You are the one that convinced all these dealers that there really are suckers out there just waiting to get screwed! Really , congrats on your buys , very nice items and even if the AWB sunsets prob will not ever be made exactly the same again. Real keepers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cleaner , You are the one that convinced all these dealers that there really are suckers out there just waiting to get screwed! Really , congrats on your buys , very nice items and even if the AWB sunsets prob will not ever be made exactly the same again. Real keepers.
View Quote

i couldn't help it. i just had to have them. but believe me, it was painful as hell forkin out that kind of cash for those.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Im glad I paid $1200 for my 5.56mm Galil YEARS ago [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
might be a lot of money but these guns won't be around (maybe ever) for a while.  i don't see the import ban going away.  even if the price you pay is high now, it will become higher than that someday.  i'm looking for an HK94 and just saw one for $3200 at a gunshow as well as an aug for around 3k.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother. Repeatedly. Last I bothered paying attention, he had about 3 pre-ban AR variants, a green AUG, a black AUG, two Valmets (one folding-stock), several Benellis, 2 or 3 SPASes, an HK 94, a 91, a 53.... Oh! And he just recently bought a Barrett. That's only the stuff I remember and that doesn't even touch the pistols.

And, to my eternal homicidal rage, he *doesn't shoot the damned things*!!! Safe queens, every one of 'em, all because some jackass convinced him that "they're a great investment". Even he doesn't believe that anymore but it's become "his thing" now. All the local dealers love him - he's put most of their kids through college by now.

Truth be told, I'd probably spring for an AUG if I had a good chunk of disposable cash. *Obviously* haven't gotten to shoot one - I'm not bitter about it - but it shouldered and pointed very naturally.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My brother. Repeatedly. Last I bothered paying attention, he had about 3 pre-ban AR variants, a green AUG, a black AUG, two Valmets (one folding-stock), several Benellis, 2 or 3 SPASes, an HK 94, a 91, a 53.... Oh! And he just recently bought a Barrett. That's only the stuff I remember and that doesn't even touch the pistols.

And, to my eternal homicidal rage, he *doesn't shoot the damned things*!!! Safe queens, every one of 'em, all because some jackass convinced him that "they're a great investment". Even he doesn't believe that anymore but it's become "his thing" now. All the local dealers love him - he's put most of their kids through college by now.

Truth be told, I'd probably spring for an AUG if I had a good chunk of disposable cash. *Obviously* haven't gotten to shoot one - I'm not bitter about it - but it shouldered and pointed very naturally.
View Quote

i shoot the bejesus out of my guns when i get out to a range. if ya got it, flont it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I am. And I probably make less money than you.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCvBKsTU6D5hjBZMv2dM870gYDnTz*jOYwZClTwgAe55tmRgxHEqyEceM*yLSzARfJXWE*knDf6Mp6RQBnsLKHoSJx1a8ew5FN*BVa*Ve0/Dcp_1607.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAAAKwTkKD5hjBZMv2dM!qzbPVreG7Whzg!SPJXUDIM!IA6*CyIjADXlQHR2OpUUkrZig9M1NuL42ohHVTajFtj*A7MAi7YTAUdTGJanok/Dcp_1608.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
HOLY CRAP!!

those are some kick ass toys!! i'm jealous.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Guilty of buying an AUG.  [;)]

I highly doubt they will be imported in the states again.  But I would gladly dump it's preban value for the AWB and import ban to be lifted.  If we don't keep writing our only option after '04 may be paying preban prices...

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

[url]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCvBKsTU6D5hjBZMv2dM870gYDnTz*jOYwZClTwgAe55tmRgxHEqyEceM*yLSzARfJXWE*knDf6Mp6RQBnsLKHoSJx1a8ew5FN*BVa*Ve0/Dcp_1607.JPG[/url]

[url]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAAAKwTkKD5hjBZMv2dM!qzbPVreG7Whzg!SPJXUDIM!IA6*CyIjADXlQHR2OpUUkrZig9M1NuL42ohHVTajFtj*A7MAi7YTAUdTGJanok/Dcp_1608.JPG[/url]
View Quote

You put those things in a HOMAK???
I was always jealous, but that is the first I've seen of the 21.  That is pretty damn sweet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCvBKsTU6D5hjBZMv2dM870gYDnTz*jOYwZClTwgAe55tmRgxHEqyEceM*yLSzARfJXWE*knDf6Mp6RQBnsLKHoSJx1a8ew5FN*BVa*Ve0/Dcp_1607.JPG[/url]

[url]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAAAKwTkKD5hjBZMv2dM!qzbPVreG7Whzg!SPJXUDIM!IA6*CyIjADXlQHR2OpUUkrZig9M1NuL42ohHVTajFtj*A7MAi7YTAUdTGJanok/Dcp_1608.JPG[/url]
View Quote

You put those things in a HOMAK???
I was always jealous, but that is the first I've seen of the 21.  That is pretty damn sweet.
View Quote

Just cause it's green don't make it a Homak. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea, I forked over $2400 for a mint HK93A3, but cheapskated out on the Aug and went with a NIB USR for $2100.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top