Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 8:31:20 AM EDT
I may have an opportunity to tranfer to the Houston area from Maryland.  My 15 year old son shoots smallbore competitively, and I like to plink with my AR-15 and collection of military C&R rifles.  I also might like to get started with service rifle matches.  Any clubs in the Houston/Clear Lake area that fit the bill?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't think of the name of the club at the moment and I don't have any first hand knowlege since I have never shot there.  However, there used to be a very active gun club near the Alvin area.  Since my club in the Baytown area was forced to shut down I checked out a few on this side of town.  One range which is very well maintained was in Texas City.  There is another range out near the League City airport which, in my opinion, is a dump.  It used to be real nice place with sporting clays, trap, and various rifle and pistol ranges.  I don't know what happenned to it other than changing owners.
I'm going to the fun show tommorrow and if I see the ffl that I know from the Alvin area, I'll ask him about the one I was referring to.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
As I stated in the other thread, I live about 90 miles east of Houston.  I belong to the Golden Triangle Gun Club which hosts a lot of Big Bore, Cowboy, and Military Rifle matches.  I bet if you contacted them, they could direct you to a range closer to you.

If you can't find something when you get here, just IM me and I'll try to help you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The aforementioned gun club in Alvin is the Pearland Sportsman Club, PSC for short.  It is outstanding with a number of competitive events such as silloette-(sp?), sporting clays and bench rest comps.  It is a private club for members and guests only.  If interested, e-mail me and I can give more info..

Mike.

P.S.  The range in League City sucks so bad and is actually life threatining  to those who shoot there. Trust me I know :(
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The aforementioned gun club in Alvin is the Pearland Sportsman Club, PSC for short.  It is outstanding with a number of competitive events such as silloette-(sp?), sporting clays and bench rest comps.  It is a private club for members and guests only.  If interested, e-mail me and I can give more info.. Mike.

P.S.  The range in League City sucks so bad and is actually life threatining  to those who shoot there. Trust me I know :(
View Quote

Yeah, that's the one.  If it was not so geographically detached from my end of the world, I would definately be a member.

I see you have been to the League City range as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top