Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 9:44:26 PM EDT
From the brady center:

Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire.
View Quote

From violence policy center:

With muzzle velocities that are often greater than standard long guns and high-capacity ammunition magazines, assault weapons are built to kill large numbers of human beings quickly and efficiently.
View Quote

So let’s just put it out there. Yes, guns are designed to kill people. Yes, some guns are better designed to kill more people more efficiently. Yes, that’s part of why we own them: because at some time in the future, it may become necessary for citizens to take up arms and kill people, maybe even a lot of people.

The framers of the Constitution knew that, at some point, it might be necessary for citizens to kill people, even large numbers of people. That’s why they gave us the Second Amendment: so that the power, ultimately, rests in the hands of the citizenry. The Second Amendment protects our right to defend ourselves against any form of oppression, be it the personal threat of an armed thief, a rioting crowd, a tyrannical government no longer accountable to its citizens, or an invading force bent on subjugation.

So yes, some guns are made to kill large numbers of people, and that’s part of why we own them. For anyone to deny us the use of these arms, is to abrogate our rights as protected by the Second Amendment.

So, I admit it. I own a weapon which is made to kill large numbers of people in a very short time. Because, someday, as much as I hate to think it might happen, it may become necessary to do what needs to be done.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"it may become necessary to do what needs to be done"

Agreement.  Under certain circumstances, some people should be shot.

Leftists don't like that answer, because they spend all of their time trying to create those circumstances, and may very well end up being the people, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
What pisses me off about the gun grabbers is that first, they want to ban pistol-grip rifles because you can "spray lots of bullets" with a pistol grip and high cap mags, so you dont even have to aim [rolleyes]  But then, they want to ban bolt action rifles because they're "high-powered" and "too accurate at long distances" and perfect for sniper use.

You see this all the time with these assholes.  Can't have .50 cal rifles because they're too big and powerful, can't have saturday night specials, because they're small, cheap, and made for poor people to kill each other.

Can't give them an inch anywhere, the bottom line is that they want ALL GUNS banned, and depend on fear, ignorance and their own hysterical distortions to make gains wherever they can.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That part about "greater muzzle velocities" was one of my ideas. WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
LMAO Are these people really that stupid????

1. Most hunting rifles I own are faster than the so called "assult rifles" balistically speaking!!!

2. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the theory behind battle rifles to wound and not necesarily kill???? In doing so don't you take two out of the fight and not just one???
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the theory behind battle rifles to wound and not necesarily kill????
View Quote
You're wrong.  About this part, any way.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the theory behind battle rifles to wound and not necesarily kill???? In doing so don't you take two out of the fight and not just one???
View Quote

Corrected, you are wrong Battle or War Rifles as most people would call them are designed to kill the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top