Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 8:25:28 AM EDT
The late James Axler's cult-classic "Deathlands", a post-apocalyptic book series, set a century in the future and spanning over one hundred books, has finally been turned into a motion picture event, which airs this Saturday night at 9:30 p.m.on the SciFi channel.

The "Deathlands" chronicle the story of  survivalist Ryan Crawdor and his band of companions as they try to survive in a world
forever changed by a nuclear holocaust.The books detail the band's journey across the desolate landscape of the former United States of America.

The book chosen for this first movie is titled," Homeward Bound" and deals with Ryan's journey back to the barony that he was forced to flee as a child.

While the books are intellectually shallow and the events commonly unrealistic, the "Deathlands" is still have strong following  and is a gun enthusiast's fantasy(all characters have in-depth description of weapons, ect).
Sorry for the rough synopsis, but I need to get to a experimental pysch. class. I hope that major errors will be overlooked in my grammar.

Is anyone planning on whatching it Saturday?

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Of corse I'm going to watch it, I must have at least 20 of the books, including Homeward Bound.
Hell, how can anyone turn down a good TEOTWAWKI movie, especialy with Tracy Lords in it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh Hell Yeah!!!

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a Huge fan of the books. You're quite correct about the Intelectual level of the writing, but they are great when you need to kill a few hours for some reason.

Anyone know who's playing Doc?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a great series. I have been reading them since they came out. They are great books to read just for vegging out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that time CST or EST or what?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll watch it, but if the TV should give up the ghost right in the middle of it, it wouldn't be a big deal...

The book they ought to make a movie out of is "Lucifer's hammer."
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up, I love books and movies that reek of post-disaster gun-related survival.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top