Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 1:38:32 AM EDT
I made a new home network today.  Cable router with wireless G so every one can get on the net.  The problem is that the wireless part of the network dissconects randomly.  First it will work no prob, then it just drops and immediately reconnects.  Signal is excelent the whole time.  This is fine for just doing basic stuff, but any kind of file shareing between the computers or downloading files will cut it off after about 5 minutes.  The wired part of the system is just fine.  All parts are linksys and are ok hardware wise I hope.  What could be causing these random dissconects?  Tried all the options, broadcast keys, wap, no wap, 802.1x standard and not.  At my whits end.  Every option it works fine in the begining but then dissconects and then reconects right after.  Help
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Got any fluorescent lights somewhere in the area?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top