Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 4:24:50 AM EDT
A gun dealer(not a Class 3) in my town just got busted. Apparently an ex-employee had been calling around for silencers from Class 3 dealers and the ATF got wind of it. 2 ATF agents walked in the other day and offered to sell a silencer. The owner/manager(new owners son) took the bait, they cuffed him and took him away. They had been in business for 30 years by a previous owner.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did'nt he just fill out the paperwork, pay the tax and be square?  Sounds like a bonehead move to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The new owner let his son run the place. He is only about 25, without a clue. I knew this and kept my distance. He wanted me to set up shop(gunsmithing) in his store. Got a bad gut feeling from him from the get-go.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So was it ignorance or attitude?

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a bonehead move - but then on the other hand - it also it a bonehead law...

If we make people pay a tax on a device that saves their hearing - the world will be a safer place.

Don't know about the rest of you out there but I am sure glad my government is looking out for my best interests and are getting these dangerous devices off the streets.  I like to hear gunfire - lots of it!

[sniper]
The Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top